**Lamar Cardinals vs. University of Louisiana at Lafayette -2012 Season Opener**

Guest CardAmbassador

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's all going to this game, and if you're not how do plan on watching or following this game. I'm not going to make it. I need to look into either pay per view (which I think is possible) or maybe a local TV stream?

I'm taking the LU charter bus to the game! :)

i hate and i mean hate picking against LU but ull will beat lamar.my hopes are that lamar plays with some passion and keeps it respectable.i expect to see the effects of the new staff on this team and think this will end up being lamars best team since lamar returned to the gridiron.i have a great amount of respect for the job ul-l has done rebuilding there program.my hopes are that in a few years lamar can go fbs and ul-l would be a good model to pattern after.i will be there saturday and hope lamar brings a good crowd to lafayette.

Good article from Lafayette talking about Hershal Sims and advising them not to overlook Lamar:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120828/SPORTS02/208280317/Hudspeth-warns-Cajuns-not-overlook-Lamar

"This Saturday is gonna be crazy. It's gonna be loud," Peoples added. "I expect it (Cajun Field) to be as packed as it's ever been, ever. I think (that) is gonna be a lot of help."

We need some Cardinal RED to show up this weekend!!!

If we keep the margin of victory under 40 in a loss, then I'm happy.

I would say the 35-40 range would be a decent showing. ULL returns alot on the offensive side, which was definitely their strong point last year. Their defense shouldn't be that special and yall should be able to run it on them atleast a little bit. I'm interested to see if the LU o-line will step up. Not many FCS teams being televised so I'll be watching. ULL 60 - LU 17

Guest CardAmbassador

ULL 48, Lamar 14. Sorry guys.

Very close to my prediction. I gave us a 48-17 decision. We supposedly have a pretty good kicker this year.

Guest Crawfish

I do not see this as a 30-40 point blowout. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the Cards will be in the game until abut the mid-3rd quarter. Here is my line of thinking; the Cardinals will probably be able to move the ball for a while as the Cajun defense, though talented, is inexperienced. I do think the Cajuns will score points on offense. I also believe that IF the Cajuns get a substantial lead, they will try and give as many players as possible real game experience. (I.E. Clear the bench) Below is a link to a Jay Walker (voice of the Cajuns) blog that kind of breaks the game down. I pretty much agree with Jay.

http://espn1420.com/cajuns-opener-should-be-fun-from-the-birds-nest/

I do not see this as a 30-40 point blowout. Maybe I am wron, but I think the Cards will be in the game until abut the mid-3rd quarter. Here is my line of thinking; the Cardinals will probably be able to move the ball for a while as the Cajun defense, though talented, is inexperienced. I do think the Cajuns will score pints on offense. I alos belive that IF the cajuns get a substantial lead, they will try and give as many players as possible real game experience. (I.E. Clear the bench) Below is a link to a Jay Walker (voice of the Cajuns) blog that kind of breaks the game down. I pretty much agree with Jay.

Can't the same thing be said about the Lamar offense?

Guest CardAmbassador

I do not see this as a 30-40 point blowout. Maybe I am wron, but I think the Cards will be in the game until abut the mid-3rd quarter. Here is my line of thinking; the Cardinals will probably be able to move the ball for a while as the Cajun defense, though talented, is inexperienced. I do think the Cajuns will score pints on offense. I alos belive that IF the cajuns get a substantial lead, they will try and give as many players as possible real game experience. (I.E. Clear the bench) Below is a link to a Jay Walker (voice of the Cajuns) blog that kind of breaks the game down. I pretty much agree with Jay.

precisely why I don't think we will score much. Offenses tend to need more time to gel than defenses too.

Guest Crawfish

I think if the line can open up a few holes for Sims, he could exploit them for some big gains. I do expect the Cajuns linebackers to be their strength on D this year, but since they have not played together, who knows how they will react in week 1. The secondary for the Cajuns is still a question mark.

I also have a feeling that the Cards may throw in a few trick plays and take some chances on special teams to try and catch the Cajuns sleeping, but that is just a wild guess.

I do not see this as a 30-40 point blowout. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the Cards will be in the game until abut the mid-3rd quarter. Here is my line of thinking; the Cardinals will probably be able to move the ball for a while as the Cajun defense, though talented, is inexperienced. I do think the Cajuns will score pints on offense. I also believe that IF the Cajuns get a substantial lead, they will try and give as many players as possible real game experience. (I.E. Clear the bench) Below is a link to a Jay Walker (voice of the Cajuns) blog that kind of breaks the game down. I pretty much agree with Jay.

Having Sims and Garrett should take pressure off the QB and the receivers. We'll see if Lamar's OL can have a decent game against UL's inexperienced DL and create some holes.

Last year opponents tended to score in bunches around the 2nd quarter so the games were effectively over by half time. With an improved running game and defense (both were bad last year) Lamar should be able to avoid that fate.