**Lamar Cardinals vs. University of Louisiana at Lafayette -2012 Season Opener**

Guest CardAmbassador

Guest CardAmbassador

Lamar Cardinals at The University of Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

Saturday - September 1st 2012 - 6:00 p.m. CST

Cajun Field - Lafayette, Louisiana

Lamar Football Cardinals (0-0) v. ULL Football Ragin' Cajuns (0-0)

Game Notes:

Lamar Notes

Cajun Notes

LU Roster

LU Info Guide

Cajun Roster

Cajun 2012 Prospectus

Coverage:

Live Stats

KVLI AM 560

Cajun Pay Per View

Ticket Info:

Info on discount tickets from LU

# Tags

#LamarUvULL

#LamarUFootball

BRI Links:

Game Prediction Thread - To Be Added

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CardAmbassador

I feel the same way. It would really help get fans attention if we started off well against ULL. Don't necessarily need a win but just a good showing versus and FBS team.

I'm sure there are alot of people that have no idea how many changes we have made this offseason.

Like how I made the Cajun's pink? There can be only one true Red.

Guest CardAmbassador
Who's all going to this game, and if you're not how do plan on watching or following this game. I'm not going to make it. I need to look into either pay per view (which I think is possible) or maybe a local TV stream?

Guest Crawfish

I think the ESPN3 games have a blackout area. I live in California and I was able to watch some LU and most Cajun games on ESPN3, but I don't think the local games were available live in the Lafayette area. Beaumont may be in the blackout area as well. I do think you can watch the replays on all ESPN3 games regardless of the live blackout, but I could be wrong.

BTW, if the game is a local broadcast picked up by ESPN3, it may not be listed as an ESPN3 game. Those are typically games that ESPN3 broadcast with their people. Also the quality of the broadcast of the locally produced games is not as good as the ESPN3 games. Having said that, for me living on the Left Coast it is better than no Cardinal or Cajun games at all. (any port in a storm)

Guest CardAmbassador

As I've done it before, I plan to pay the $6.99 for the 24-hour access on the UL-L site. Coach, that is an option for you:

Just play the video player from the UL-L website and mute the sound and sync up a radio with KLVI's broadcast of the game.

This is probably what I'm going to do. Good idea on muting the commentary for KLVI broadcast.

As I've done it before, I plan to pay the $6.99 for the 24-hour access on the UL-L site. Coach, that is an option for you:

Just play the video player from the UL-L website and mute the sound and sync up a radio with KLVI's broadcast of the game.

This is probably what I'm going to do. Good idea on muting the commentary for KLVI broadcast.

I did this last year with the McNeese game, but the problem was that KSAM was about a full play ahead of their media player. It got to the point where I just listened to the McNeese stream and then listened to KSAM at half.

it shows "9/01 7:00 PM EDT Lamar vs. Louisiana-Lafayette ES" for me on espn 3

Yep, I see it too. Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/startDate/20120901/

Nice; it wasn't there the other day. I wasn't just trying to be mean. 8)

I'll be tuning in as it should be a fun game to watch, out of the rest of the first week games.

What is everyone's expectation of this game? I think ULL could have beat SFA and Sam Houston by at least 2+ TD's last year. We're talking about a team that won 9 games including their bowl win over a very solid San Diego State team. If we keep the margin of victory under 40 in a loss, then I'm happy.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, just want to be realistic.

Guest CardAmbassador

What is everyone's expectation of this game? I think ULL could have beat SFA and Sam Houston by at least 2+ TD's last year. We're talking about a team that won 9 games including their bowl win over a very solid San Diego State team. If we keep the margin of victory under 40 in a loss, then I'm happy.

already wrote my prediction article. I had the margin at about 30. I agree with you, this is very solid team and I'm just hoping for us to look competitive in a few ways.

They also only beat Nicholls (the worst team in our conference) by 17. I'm obviously going to take ULL, but I'll split the difference, Cajuns by 35, but Lamar will get on the board at least once.

ULL 45

Lamar 10

Guest BigRed2010
I think you're on the right track coach, but imo ULL being at home, I'm going to add 3 to their score and us being on the road, I'm going to subtract 3. My score 34-14 ULL.