Thread: What to Expect

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

What to Expect

I know that this Lamar team will probably be the most exciting I can remember since the '81 team. What can we expect to see though? Is the offense going to be wide open, no huddle? Are we going to chunk it or run it? What else can we expect to see, not to see? Can't wait!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: What to Expect

[quote author=MLUCO76 link=topic=37448.msg42617#msg42617 date=1346415953]
    I know that this Lamar team will probably be the most exciting I can remember since the '81 team. What can we expect to see though? Is the offense going to be wide open, no huddle? Are we going to chunk it or run it? What else can we expect to see, not to see? Can't wait!
    [/quote]

I'd expect to see some shotgun and some plays under center with a lot more pre-snap shifts. Early in the season my guess is they'll attempt to establish a running game with DePauldrick Garrett and Herschel Sims to give their very young receiving corp and new QB time to get adjusted to each other. I'd also expect a lot of plays to the tight ends because those guys will be big weapons for this offense when they're able to get on to the field.

It will be fun to watch them develop and compete especially once SLC play begins.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: What to Expect

I expect a hard fought game early, hopefully we can establish the run and control the clock. If we can expose their young D-Line and be efficient with no turnover, we have a shot. If not their depth will be to much. I expect a 27-17 ULL but much love and respect for those Cards!!! Their coach says in an interview that Sims will be one of the best backs they face all year. They know we got front line talent
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10