Lamar Football Banquet

LU1991

Lamar kicked off the football season last night with the legendary "Bum" Phillips speaking at their annual banquet. I've attended every LU football banquet since they brought football back and it gets better every year. Definitely more tables filled than last year.

Bob West introduced Coach "Bum" Phillips and "Bum" had some great one liners and gave Coach Woodard some advice on what type of players to recruit. Players that will do what you tell them to do. He also commented that Lamar’s football facilities should be a great recruiting tool and one of the best he has ever seen.

Kudos to whomever put this banquet together. It was a top notch production.

I counted 70 paid tables not counting the back tables where the players were sitting. They did have a handful of tables probably for any overflow last minute sales open without anyone sitting at. There was seating for eight at each table, so I believe you are looking at 500 plus attending. The tables went for $10,000 (for the host table), $2,500 and $1,000 each or $100 for individuals.