Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

Prairie View lost their opener to Texas Southern 44-41 in front of 22K at Reliant Stadium. Both teams had at least 500 total yards but I doubt these teams are considered offensive powerhouses. Lamar should be able to muster enough offense to beat Prairie View if they don't make silly mistakes.

I consider this a must win game. Losing this game (or even struggling to win) would mean they are in a very long season, probably winning 3 games at the most. A big win would put them at 1-1, which is what everyone was expecting. If they struggle to win then I'll be very nervous about conference play.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

Youre not nervous already?

Crawfish

Big Red 35
    PVAM 14

Cardinals come back strong and make the fans forget about the Cajun game. 8)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

[quote author=Crawfish link=topic=37456.msg1#msg1 date=1346609290]
    Big Red 35
    PVAM 14

Cardinals come back strong and make the fans forget about the Cajun game. 8)
    [/quote]

I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

this is an absolute must win for the staff and the program

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The only common opponent I could find from last year's team was Texas State, and they lost 34-26 in San Marcos. I remember listening to that game on the radio, and PVAMU was ahead for the majority of the game before TSU pulled ahead, which is opposite of what happen to you guys.

Just because they play in the SWAC doesn't mean they're a pushover. They appear to have a very balanced team (265 P, 256 R) from the stats on their last game. Your DL is much improved, but the secondary could use some work. If the Panthers use the run game to wear down your defense, I can see them hitting some big plays late in the game.

I still think you can squeak it out, but it'll be closer than you think

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

If Woodard does that stupid rotating QB nonsense, PVAMU wins

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

crawfish has it right, lu wins by at least 3 touchdowns. pvamu's defense will be just what the doctor ordered to get lu's offense on track. sims and soto won't be turning the ball over against these guys and moss will have a good game, no jitters for this game.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Dream Weaver link=topic=37456.msg42925#msg42925 date=1346625570]
    crawfish has it right, lu wins by at least 3 touchdowns. pvamu's defense will be just what the doctor ordered to get lu's offense on track. sims and soto won't be turning the ball over against these guys and moss will have a good game, no jitters for this game.
    [/quote]

That's assuming Moss even plays. Woodard needs to pick a guy and stick with him. You can't get in a rhythm for a game if you're constantly being rotated.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

LU4LIFE

LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37456.msg1#msg1 date=1346627486]
    [quote author=Dream Weaver link=topic=37456.msg42925#msg42925 date=1346625570]
    [/quote]

That's assuming Moss even plays. Woodard needs to pick a guy and stick with him. You can't get in a rhythm for a game if you're constantly being rotated.
    [/quote]

I agree

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I am not putting a guess down for this one. I just hope we win. I will be watching.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I believe LU will win. This should the boost of confidence game that is needed. Defense should be lights out, Sims and D-P should have good game. I watched part of the USC-Hawaii game and Hawaii got some speed, however this is Norm Chow's first year as a head coach and the team, like LU. hasn't gotten the offense down yet, Of course, USC will do that to anyone = They're a beast. Should provide good momentum to at least make a good showing.

Just my take.....

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If we have 5 turnovers and lose the kicking game as bad as Saturday we won't beat anyone on our schedule. Bottom line. We need to protect the ball. If we can do that I like our chances.

I see this as a 27-21 win for the Cards. I think a lot closer than most expect.

And every fan wins when we get to see the PV band!
    It is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Mr.KnowItAll link=topic=37456.msg43001#msg43001 date=1346719105]
    And every fan wins when we get to see the PV band!
    [/quote]

Do they bring their band to away games?

WOS95

read an article that ray ray intends to rotate qbs throughout the game...why is it so hard to find one qb?

CardAmbassador

[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=37456.msg43020#msg43020 date=1346762405]
    read an article that ray ray intends to rotate qbs throughout the game...why is it so hard to find one qb?
    [/quote]

Now that makes very little sense, as stated neither is a change of pace QB, we need receivers and our QB to develop chemistry. Seems like we want to shoot ourselves in the foot for this game.