Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU vs Priarie View A&M - Early Thoughts

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37456.msg43024#msg43024 date=1346773168]
    [quote author=WOS95 link=topic=37456.msg43020#msg43020 date=1346762405]
    read an article that ray ray intends to rotate qbs throughout the game...why is it so hard to find one qb?
    [/quote]

Now that makes very little sense, as stated neither is a change of pace QB, we need receivers and our QB to develop chemistry. Seems like we want to shoot ourselves in the foot for this game.
    [/quote]

I believe I watched one of the preseason practice interviews or something and it talked about the only thing left for Moss to do was to develop chemistry together. He said that the previous years had guys playing together at JuCo, but Moss didn't know anyone. This doesn't exactly sound like a move in order to develop that chemistry
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think I agree with Wooten :o

We can't underestimate Priarie View A&M. If we do not move the ball offensively, we are going to be disappointed Saturday night. It’s time to pick a QB and build some continuity and leadership with the team.

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The Keys to Winning isssssss Catch,Run,Hit we must have blocker's This is what we need to focus on. The QB and RB's,WR's must connect. Too many injuries to your teamates in practice to see none in the games.

LU 17

In the pro style offense, you have to establish the run. Our run has to set up our passing game. If we can establish the run, it will open up the pass. Freeze the backers, let the safety cheat up a bit and catch the ball. It sounded like TSU had no trouble scoring against PV. If there is a crucial time for us to get our offense going, it's this week. Let's get out and support our team!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I read that woodard is planning on alternating qb's until conference games begin...................

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

No turnovers! Do that and we should be able to score 4 or 5 touchdowns this weekend.
    It is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37456.msg42920#msg42920 date=1346619823]
    The only common opponent I could find from last year's team was Texas State, and they lost 34-26 in San Marcos. I remember listening to that game on the radio, and PVAMU was ahead for the majority of the game before TSU pulled ahead, which is opposite of what happen to you guys.

Just because they play in the SWAC doesn't mean they're a pushover. They appear to have a very balanced team (265 P, 256 R) from the stats on their last game. Your DL is much improved, but the secondary could use some work. If the Panthers use the run game to wear down your defense, I can see them hitting some big plays late in the game.

I still think you can squeak it out, but it'll be closer than you think

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

If Woodard does that stupid rotating QB nonsense, PVAMU wins

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

Oh no...I'm going to have to partially agree with Wooten again. I don't expect this to be an easy victory at all. At this point, we are more like a SWAC team than an SLC team (and based on our enrollment data we are moving in the direction of a SWAC team).

However, I don't agree with everyone about the rotating quarterbacks. If one guy doesn't clearly step ahead of the other then let them continue to rotate. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall anyone going out on a limb and saying one or the other should start?

I think we win a close one: 24-23

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cardinal link=topic=37456.msg43143#msg43143 date=1346956244]
    The only common opponent I could find from last year's team was Texas State, and they lost 34-26 in San Marcos. I remember listening to that game on the radio, and PVAMU was ahead for the majority of the game before TSU pulled ahead, which is opposite of what happen to you guys.

Just because they play in the SWAC doesn't mean they're a pushover. They appear to have a very balanced team (265 P, 256 R) from the stats on their last game. Your DL is much improved, but the secondary could use some work. If the Panthers use the run game to wear down your defense, I can see them hitting some big plays late in the game.

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

Oh no...I'm going to have to partially agree with Wooten again. I don't expect this to be an easy victory at all. At this point, we are more like a SWAC team than an SLC team (and based on our enrollment data we are moving in the direction of a SWAC team).

However, I don't agree with everyone about the rotating quarterbacks. If one guy doesn't clearly step ahead of the other then let them continue to rotate. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall anyone going out on a limb and saying one or the other should start?

[/quote]

To what are you referring here? Hasn't our enrollment gone up every year?

I'm just curious...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=37456.msg43146#msg43146 date=1346957131]

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm just curious...
    [/quote]

He means too many blacks are enrolling at Lamar and he doesn't like it! :o

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37456.msg43147#msg43147 date=1346958159]

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm just curious...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I sure hope he has a little more class than to imply that, but we'll just wait until he replies. If that is the case, I pity him...plain ignorance.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37456.msg43057#msg43057 date=1346812439]
    In the pro style offense, you have to establish the run. Our run has to set up our passing game. If we can establish the run, it will open up the pass. Freeze the backers, let the safety cheat up a bit and catch the ball. It sounded like TSU had no trouble scoring against PV. If there is a crucial time for us to get our offense going, it's this week. Let's get out and support our team!
    [/quote]

I pretty much agree. We need to establish a nice running attack this week to set up the passing game. Hope we can get more WRs involved too. I think we win by two TDs.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=37456.msg43148#msg43148 date=1346958533]

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm just curious...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I sure hope he has a little more class than to imply that, but we'll just wait until he replies. If that is the case, I pity him...plain ignorance.
    [/quote]

As a student I can say take a walk around Lamar during school hours, theres a reason we keep hitting "record enrollments" but still have a 30% retention rate. But that topic's for another place and time. PV is definitely not a team to overlook here. Their fans will travel well, and it will be an intense atmosphere. Lamar needs to be prepared for a good fight.

CardAmbassador

[quote author=LamarKA1865 link=topic=37456.msg43157#msg43157 date=1346976585]
    [quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=37456.msg43148#msg43148 date=1346958533]

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 30

PVAMU - 28
    Lamar - 21
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm just curious...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As a student I can say take a walk around Lamar during school hours, theres a reason we keep hitting "record enrollments" but still have a 30% retention rate. But that topic's for another place and time. PV is definitely not a team to overlook here. Their fans will travel well, and it will be an intense atmosphere. Lamar needs to be prepared for a good fight.
    [/quote]

For the millionth time, we have higher admission standards now than 5 years ago. So what were you saying again?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[/quote]

Where did you get the "He don't like it" part? As I read it, its a simply factual statement, without commentary, pro or con.

I am willing to bet the enrollment stats would clearly back him up.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=SFA Fan link=topic=37456.msg43167#msg43167 date=1347027037]
    [/quote]

Where did you get the "He don't like it" part? As I read it, its a simply factual statement, without commentary, pro or con.

I am willing to bet the enrollment stats would clearly back him up.
    [/quote]

You have to read his other posts. I understand that if this was his first post, it would seem as though we are all jumping on him. However, he has said things along the lines of racist in the past on here...they have no bearing on these forums.