Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different perspective on Woodard's performance

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Different perspective on Woodard's performance

I am not ready to get rid of him today--I'm hoping for good things this year

we get sixty- zipped by a SLC program this year..yes, I would support firing Woodard

--but as CA said, its premature

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37481.msg43273#msg43273 date=1347133644]
    I am not ready to get rid of him today--I'm hoping for good things this year

we get sixty- zipped by a SLC program this year..yes, I would support firing Woodard

--but as CA said, its premature
    [/quote]

Premature as it may be, I saw that it was in the game notes and thought it was interesting, so I posted it.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

IT IS NOT PREMATURE!! We will be judging him all year. If we do not see improvement from last year to this year, I am not sure that he is here next year. This is exactly when we should be having these discussions. He might buy himself another year if he can show improvement this year, but 50 or 60 point blowouts will not buy him another year. Or at least I hope it doesn't. I support the program either way, but he has been getting his chance this year and for the last three years.

CardAmbassador

Re: Re: Different perspective on Woodard's performance

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37481.msg43254#msg43254 date=1347125186]
    [quote author=BigNasty92 link=topic=37481.msg43251#msg43251 date=1347122357]
    [quote author=BigRed2010 link=topic=37481.msg1#msg1 date=1347079789]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37481.msg43185#msg43185 date=1347045727]
    Sam and/SFA stomp us again by 50,60+...woodard is toast
    [/quote]

If they do beat us by 50, 60+ this year, it would be okay with you to fire him?
    [/quote]

If they do again this year, I think he gets a pass because of the coaching changes and new offense, etc... Next year? ABSOLUTELY.
    [/quote]

That's the problem, every year you can blame it on some other facet, but at the end of the day, he's responsible for the WHOLE program. At some point, he'll become the only common denominator.
    [/quote]

If you don't give people a few years to get a program going no good coaches are going to want to come here.

Think about it. Lamar is bad right now. We fire Woodard and look for a new coach, all those coaches are going to see us as impatient and we're not going to get as good of a candidate pool.

We're only 2 games into the season not enough to judge the season by yet. I don't see us losing by 60 to any conference opponent this year though.