Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: **Hawaii 54 Lamar 2 FINAL**

CardAmbassador

Re: **Hawaii 54 Lamar 2 FINAL**

Yes, you have to support this team, they're playing opponents I expect to lose to, but it's how we lose, its the decision making and turnovers by special teams that frustrates me more than anything.

I don't know what to take away from this game. I'm not sure if our problems on special teams is fixable or not, seemed like with new coaches that recognized the problems we could at least fix the special teams blunders this year but maybe not.

I wasn't expecting to win or score alot of points but I was really hoping we wouldn't dig our own grave in this game. That's LU Footballs MO in big games, we beat ourselves up as much as the team we're playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: **Hawaii 54 Lamar 2 FINAL**o

Now that have had time to get a good nights rest, calm down, and properly reflect on last nights game; to the defense...well, you played pretty good and never quit so kudos to you. Too everything else BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: **Lamar Cardinals at Hawaii - 2012 Football**

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37506.msg43896#msg43896 date=1347805261]
    Well that's all nice and sweet, SHSU is competing with Baylor and they are much better than Hawaii. I didn't expect a win, but I also didn't expect dominated, outmanned and out coached. We looked pathetic, unorganized and not prepared. If it's all about the money then let's see some stadium improvements/additions. If we went over there to win, we looked like a high school team. I am a LU supporter,alumni and Cardinal club member. I want to see our football team succeed as much as the next guy. This was a big set back. We have teams in our conference that are better than Hawaii. I just expected a better showing than this.
    [/quote]

Totally agree!!! I hope the coaches and their families had a nice vacation

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: **Lamar Cardinals at Hawaii - 2012 Football**

[quote author=cardinal link=topic=37506.msg43922#msg43922 date=1347815395]
    Well that's all nice and sweet, SHSU is competing with Baylor and they are much better than Hawaii. I didn't expect a win, but I also didn't expect dominated, outmanned and out coached. We looked pathetic, unorganized and not prepared. If it's all about the money then let's see some stadium improvements/additions. If we went over there to win, we looked like a high school team. I am a LU supporter,alumni and Cardinal club member. I want to see our football team succeed as much as the next guy. This was a big set back. We have teams in our conference that are better than Hawaii. I just expected a better showing than this.
    [/quote]

Totally agree!!! I hope the coaches and their families had a nice vacation
    [/quote]

In my opinion, it not realistic to compare our program to SHSU because they are currently the elite of our conference and we are 3 years removed from a 20 plus yr. death sentence. I can remember back in the early 80's when SHSU football was not very competitive nor relevant. In fact, I remember playing them on their home turf (early 80's) and there were more folks participating on the field than in the stands. As far as this game being a huge set back that could be overstatement. I think a losing to PVM or Langston could be labeled a set back but a game that took 12 hrs to get to, loss of 2 days of practice time and overwhelming distractions can be one for the ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37506.msg43898#msg43898 date=1347806342]
    [/quote]

There are no teams in the SLC better than Hawaii. The top teams like SHSU, McNeese and NW State would put up a better fight than we did, but they wouldn't win.

Agree with coach, Hawaii has more quality depth across the board than anyone in the SLC. But then look what ULM has done this year, a program that was on the skids 3 years ago. I know they are FBS, but they were really struggling. Shows what really good recruiting can do, and we need to make sure we get the kids we really should be getting, both out of HS, juco, or transfers into the program.

As long as we keep improving, I will support the coaching staff. Which I see as the biggest improvement this year. We are better at QB & defense this year. I also would like to see Kevin Johnson return kicks in conference games. Secondary plays hard, but seems undersized and a bit slow when closing on the play.
    [/quote]

LU 17

Well Jettyman, I played at SHSU old stadium in the mid 80's during the great flood. They beat us that day also. 3 year team or not it's time to start winning I can already see the excuses mounting. Well I hate to break the news to y'all, we have some elite teams in our conference. If our league is to tough maybe we should schedule more teams in Langstons conference. Or, let's toughen up, quit making excuses. You know, back in the 80's we were a D1AA and we played the other U of H team and it ended with us losing by a touchdown. I didn't expect to beat Hawaii, but I did expect to score some points and move the ball a little bit. We did nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Special teams needs alot of WORK, it cost us 30 plus points and the game!!.

comeon..they sucked...but cost us the game?hardly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: **Hawaii 54 Lamar 2 FINAL**

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37506.msg1#msg1 I didn't expect to beat Hawaii, but I did expect to score some points and move the ball a little bit. We did nothing.
    [/quote]

Same here. I didn't think we would win and I expected them to hang over 40-50 points on us..but I also expected us to put up at least 21 points in trash time.

I don't think we could have scored on their equipment guys or trainers as looking as they were trying to blitz.

mendelj

Mike

Moss had plenty time to throw or he wouldn't have been 11 for 18. Did he have plenty of time everytime, no, but that is reality. No quarterback is going to have plenty of time to throw everytime he drops back, that's the nature of the game and that is where mobility, creativity, and versatility comes into play. If one is not getting the job done CONSISTENTLY, put one in that can. It's time to stop making excuses and start playing ball. Still wondering what the criteria was for earning the starting spot.