Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RESERVED SEATING....NOT!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

RESERVED SEATING....NOT!!

Ok, the reserved seating situation is getting absurd!! What is the point of paying a large sum of money for "Gold" seats when they are essentially general admission. If Lamar doesn't something I will NOT renew my 6 season tickets in the Gold section. I know "who cares". Well, I'm sure a lot of people besides me care. My tickets are not cheap. My tickets include mandatory Cardinal Club memberships. So, why should I keep paying that if I can get the cheapest available and just go sit where I want to? This is ridiculous. The row in front of me, behind me, and the seats to the left of me were all like revolving doors. Most of the people sitting there appeared to be high school or college age students. LU NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: RESERVED SEATING....NOT!!

Have you contacted the athletic department about this? I would think the AD would do whatever he could to make sure the season ticket holders in the Gold section are happy. Maybe bring this up at the next Cardinal Club meeting.

NorthoftheBorder

I don't have Gold seats but if I did I would be upset as well. You should be able to enjoy the game the way you want if LU sets up a designated area and charges a premium and you are willing to pay for that. Otherwise make the whole stadium general admission. Coach is right, you need to take your case to the AD!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

If the people that owned these seats would GO to the game, then this would NOT be an issue!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=37529.msg43629#msg43629 date=1347472931]
    If the people that owned these seats would GO to the game, then this would NOT be an issue!!!
    [/quote]

I agree...but let's be honest, this happens at every sporting event (Astros games, Texans games, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I know it happens at all kinds of events, even concerts. But I would rather sit next to "the unworthy" than a bunch of empty seats, esp. at a sporting event.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=37529.msg43633#msg43633 date=1347473999]
    I know it happens at all kinds of events, even concerts. But I would rather sit next to "the unworthy" than a bunch of empty seats, esp. at a sporting event.
    [/quote]

I don't think you understood...I am agreeing with you.

EDIT: Someone who can't afford to sit down there but wants to be closer is a lot more fun than someone who can afford it but couldn't care less.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Keep in mind that most of the gold seats are sold to companies and businesses who give tickets to clients and employees so you might have a different person sitting next to you each game. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a ticket to sit there. I'm sure there are fans that have cheaper tickets and see open ones in the middle and decide to sit there but a lot of the new people have tickets for that seat. Cardinal, are people in your seats and you have to kick them out? And/or they being disruptive? Just trying to understand what's wrong with different people sitting next to you?
    It is what it is.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Most of the seats around us are company tickets. We usually have some stuffy people sitting behind us but they didn't make last week’s game, which was fine with us. Some other people took advantage of the open seats (or given the tickets) and we had a group of enthusiastic fans high-fiving and having a good time. A welcoming change!!!
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree completely that it needs to be fixed but it's easier said than done. First like said earlier if the people that bought their seats would use them we would not have this problem. You can put as many ushers as u want in the gold section entrance but people will still go up the aisle of a cheap section then walk across to the good section. This was the biggest complaint I got when I worked there. The only thing I can say is if someone is sitting in your seat get an officer not the ushers, because no one is going to listen them, and have them move them out of your seat. Or if u think someone is sitting somewhere they shouldn't tell the cops there. Only I would move them if they are bothering me because u don't want to be that guy who kicked the nice fans out of the seats and have everyone looking at u. Once again I completely agree its a problem but Lamar Athletics just does not have the money to put officers in that section to police it.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Mr.KnowItAll link=topic=37529.msg43641#msg43641 date=1347477889]
    Keep in mind that most of the gold seats are sold to companies and businesses who give tickets to clients and employees so you might have a different person sitting next to you each game. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't have a ticket to sit there. I'm sure there are fans that have cheaper tickets and see open ones in the middle and decide to sit there but a lot of the new people have tickets for that seat. Cardinal, are people in your seats and you have to kick them out? And/or they being disruptive? Just trying to understand what's wrong with different people sitting next to you?
    [/quote]
    Man, I am starting to see how Obama won...apparently it is perfectly fine with most people to take what you didn't pay for. Now, I'm not saying you KnowitAll because you asked reasonable questions.

I wouldn't bring it up if I thought they were the rightful owners/recipients of the tickets. These are mainly college age kids but not always. Usually, it is pretty easy to tell who isn't sitting in the seat they are supposed to: 1) A couple of them are my seats that I didn't give to anyone...they are just extra. I didn't buy them to substitute as general admission for cheap a$$ people to sit in as they see fit. 2) Yes, I've had to chase people off and they will just get up and move up or down a row. So, I doubt they are in the seat they purchased. 3) When people sit there, get up and leave, someone else comes up and sits there, and then leaves, and this happens a few times...well, I think it is safe to say that at least one of those people is not sitting in the seat they purchased. 4) When people come up and start sitting in the seats after halftime, they probably didn't pay for the seats. 5) When your sitting in a section with a bunch of stuffy Beaumont West Enders and 4 or 5 tatted up gang bangers come sit next to you and start talkin "oh %^7$, that n be good. Or "that n suck". Well, they probably aren't season ticket holders.

My first season the Gold section sold out. So, I bought bench seats as my season tickets (best available). I saw all those dogs kicked back in those nice comfy red seats with the drink holders and I got motivated. I wanted to be in the Gold section. Fortunately, the second year some seats came open and I stepped up to the plate and bought them. Gold seats are $400 apiece, white seats are $60 a seat. 6 x 400 = 2,400. 6 x 60 = 360. So, I guess I am an idiot since the Gold seats are really viewed as general admission. I can save myself 2 grand and, if it continues, I will do exactly that next year. If you can't beat the deadbeats, join em.

It has nothing to do whether they are company seats, or if the people are unruly, or if they are empty. It is the point and in the end it hurts the football program. Just because someone isn't using them gives others the right to use them? Man, that is a great philosophy. I think I'll start living by that. Brent Coon doesn't live far from me. He has like 4 or 5 cars and at least two or 3 motorcycles. All of them are much nicer than what I drive. I think I'll just go to his house and pick one of the cars he's not using. I have another neighbor that has a reallly nice boat that just sits in his driveway half the time. My boat is a 1999 model. I guess I am entitled to go use his awesome boat whenever I want?

Quite honestly, I could care less who is sitting there as long as they either paid for the ticket or they were given the ticket by the person/business that paid for it. If the Pope himself was sitting in my seat I'd tell him to move. If Lee Corso was in our section for college gameday I would want LU to make sure he had a ticket to sit wherever he was sitting. Essentially, it is called stealing. I suppose you can sugarcoat it and make some excuse to justify it but it is what it is. When you "take" something you didn't pay for you are stealing. Apparently that is ok with LU (and many of you) for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LUAthletics link=topic=37529.msg43648#msg43648 date=1347487372]
    I agree completely that it needs to be fixed but it's easier said than done. First like said earlier if the people that bought their seats would use them we would not have this problem. You can put as many ushers as u want in the gold section entrance but people will still go up the aisle of a cheap section then walk across to the good section. This was the biggest complaint I got when I worked there. The only thing I can say is if someone is sitting in your seat get an officer not the ushers, because no one is going to listen them, and have them move them out of your seat. Or if u think someone is sitting somewhere they shouldn't tell the cops there. Only I would move them if they are bothering me because u don't want to be that guy who kicked the nice fans out of the seats and have everyone looking at u. Once again I completely agree its a problem but Lamar Athletics just does not have the money to put officers in that section to police it.
    [/quote]
    It is very simple to fix. Rope off the Gold section and put ushers at the entrances. Big deal. I see it done all the time. "Can I see your ticket. Thank you but your seats are down two more sectons." I agree that the people who bought them should go but, as far as I know, they aren't required to go. I prefer the stadium to be full but I'd much rather see the football program be profitable. I suppose it doesn't matter that people are sitting in better seats than they paid for? I guess it isn't their fault for not sitting in the seat they purchased? Welcome to America...the land of no accountability!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37529.msg43610#msg43610 date=1347454728]
    Have you contacted the athletic department about this? I would think the AD would do whatever he could to make sure the season ticket holders in the Gold section are happy. Maybe bring this up at the next Cardinal Club meeting.
    [/quote]

No, I haven't contacted the AD. My hope was that someone of authority is reading these posts. But, I will take your advice and call. I did call and complain last year because, after teh first game, nobody was checking the parking lot that I paid to park in. In other words, the University just left the "arm" up on this so-called reserved parking lot and just let it become free parking. After I complained they had a parking attendant there for the next game and then went back to none the last two games.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cardinal link=topic=37529.msg43651#msg43651 date=1347488725]
    [quote author=coachacola link=topic=37529.msg43610#msg43610 date=1347454728]
    [/quote]

No, I haven't contacted the AD. My hope was that someone of authority is reading these posts. But, I will take your advice and call. I did call and complain last year because, after teh first game, nobody was checking the parking lot that I paid to park in. In other words, the University just left the "arm" up on this so-called reserved parking lot and just let it become free parking. After I complained they had a parking attendant there for the next game and then went back to none the last two games.
    [/quote]

I can say that the parking lot situation is ridiculous as well. They have students doing it because once again they can't afford to put cops there and that is there sole responsibility. Usually cops are there but if something is going on they have to leave. I know what parking lot u are talking about because u called and told me and I told the AD but they just tried to talk to the students to make sure they stayed in their spot and even showed up. They are trying to make a lot of money to cover their expenses and not use a lot for gameday.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

sit where you buy.......

not real hard for the university to fix..