BRI.com's Week 3 SLC Power Rankings

BRI Staff

The only question for me is - are we better than NW St? I think we can sneak by them because they have very little offensive firepower. The Demons have an ok QB, but no running game. I think we'll match up favorably with them by October. If that is the case, then we should realistically be 4-0 the next 4 games. That scenario would be nice because 4 of our last 5 games are serious trouble. I'm happy for the 12 game schedule as the extra reps are going to help the next couple of years.

No, I don't think you are better than NWST. They played Nevada close on the road, losing 45-34. It's hard to say they have little offensive firepower when they put up 34 on an FBS team. Their QB threw for 357 yards and 2 TDs and ran for 102 yards. You're crazy if you think their offense is good.

What did Moss do in his last FBS game? He threw for 83 yards. At least look up stats on the other team before you say they have little offensive firepower

Nevada is awful and Texas Tech laid NW St. out pretty much like Hawaii did us. And for an FBS school, Tech has no D. How many points did NW State put up on them? Give me a break and check YOUR stats.

Nevada is awful? They beat Cal on the road, and lost to a decent S. Florida team by 1 point. I'm not saying Nevada is better than Hawaii, but neither are the worst teams in FBS. At the end of the week, NWST stayed with Nevada and Lamar got ROLLED by Hawaii. It is what it is, there's no sugar coating those results. Tech was NWST's first game, and that's usually the result of first game FCS/FBS as teams try to adjust to new seasons. Lamar had 2 games under their belt when Hawaii dropped them, and the offense still is a question mark.

jj...where are ya? in mourning?

I'm in mourning over the WSU loss, more than the SHSU loss. This is going to be a long season for the Kats with a new OC who doesn't want to run what the team was built for. He's here to implement his system, but the pieces we have in place were left overs from the last guy.

I'm a WSU student now, and I went to homecoming last night to watch Colorado score a last second TD to go ahead by 1 point with 9 seconds left. Either way I look at it, that was one of the worst Saturdays of my life.

watching --or trying to----SH-UCA (that SH orange on a god awful purple field)..hurts the eyes

like watching paint dry...sorry , thats some boring, Army/Navy game stuff...UCA's qb sucks...

You say UCA's QB sucks... Will you be saying the same when he rolls up 400 yards passing on you?

He's not even close to being the best QB the SLC has seen in the last 5 years, but the dude is a gamer and he makes plays... I was pissed off and impressed with his poise on Saturday. UCA surprised me, but the lack of fire by the SHSU defense surprised me more. Oh well. Long season. We'll see how Smothers plays out the year and maybe youre right puddin...

my aunt nancy has a better arm than UCA's quarterback..and she's more accurate

I turned it off after UCA marched it down y'alls throat..got it to, i think first and goal at the 2...ran that dumbass halfback option, then another pass, ended up..i think...settling for a field goal..........figured they were toast

Sam's weakness ...the thing that will hurt em in the playfoffs (yes, I still figure y'all for the playoffs) is the lack of a passing game