Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodard: Larger crowd could have made a difference

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Woodard: Larger crowd could have made a difference

There were quite a few murders right across the street from LU's campus not too long ago and the Subway that's basically on LU's campus was held up quite a few times. LU is in the middle of South Park, easily the worst part of Beaumont that has drug houses, prostitution and gangs. (See how easily I can redirect that back at you. You should listen to puddin' about comparing locations.) I don't know when was the last time you been to UH, but we walk down the street at 10-11 pm to get food and around campus with no problems at all. For the record, Rice's campus and Rice Village has a higher crime rate.

CardAmbassador

Was at LU for 5 years, never once was afraid for my safety at any time of night, never saw any gangs, prostitution or all that other supposed stuff. Never heard of anyone who was robbed or had any other crime committed against them. yet somehow it gets that reputation, I know why but it just incorrect. Almost no one lives immediately near campus anyways, most of the southpark houses near campus have been bulldozed drive through those neighborhoods next time your on campus and see.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The wind blows hard in setx because WOODARD SUCKS!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I concur with everything CA said. As a recent graduate myself, I felt totally safe around campus. And I would stay over at some of my buddies houses they rented right next to the Evil Southpark and it was not bad. Never saw any prostitution or gangs. I would say some of the areas up around college street are bad, but not necessarily right around campus.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cougar king link=topic=37613.msg44544#msg44544 date=1349133030]
    [quote author=lu cards link=topic=37613.msg44520#msg44520 date=1349123354]
    damn,weve had great crowds for the first 2 games.best tailgates weve ever had.then 1 stinking, rain all day game and now lamar has bad fans.bull shiit!!homecoming will be sold out and it will be a great atmosphere.fans arent the problem.id send my kids to sfa,sam or mcneese before id send them to uh.fortunatley my kids will all go to lamar!!!
    [/quote]

Well, I respect my kids enough to let them choose where they want to go to school at, instead of shoving my choice down their throats.
    [/quote]

Amazing that a parent would let a 17/18 year old make that decision that will influence their life. Are you also going to sit back and let them decide their major without any parental guidance? If they are unsure what they want to do in there life be prepared for them to have a degree in "Classical Studies" or "French", and have to move back in because they can't get a job.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=BigRedTrack link=topic=37613.msg44606#msg44606 date=1349219920]
    damn,weve had great crowds for the first 2 games.best tailgates weve ever had.then 1 stinking, rain all day game and now lamar has bad fans.bull shiit!!homecoming will be sold out and it will be a great atmosphere.fans arent the problem.id send my kids to sfa,sam or mcneese before id send them to uh.fortunatley my kids will all go to lamar!!!
    [/quote]

Well, I respect my kids enough to let them choose where they want to go to school at, instead of shoving my choice down their throats.
    [/quote]

Amazing that a parent would let a 17/18 year old make that decision that will influence their life. Are you also going to sit back and let them decide their major without any parental guidance? If they are unsure what they want to do in there life be prepared for them to have a degree in "Classical Studies" or "French", and have to move back in because they can't get a job.
    [/quote]

If that's what my kid wants to do, then there is nothing I can do to stop them. I can give them advice, make suggestions, point them in what I think is the right direction, but at the end of the day. They will make the final choice. I realized that I can't control them forever.

If my kid gets a French degree, they better be the best damn French teacher on the planet. Or whatever else they decide.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Amazing that a parent wont let their grown kid be an adult. Part of growing up is making your own decisions and living with the consequences. They have to live their own lives and learn from their decisions. It's called life. If they dont want to go to college and instead go cosmetology school its their choice, you can choose to support them or not. If they cant get a job and the first thing that comes to their mind is to run back home and live with their parents, you will see what being an overbearing micromanaging parent has gotten you. I have friends who have parents like this and they can hardly wipe their own asses without mommy and daddy's help.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cougar king link=topic=37613.msg44485#msg44485 date=1349097649]
    Well, if Woodard wants the crowd to show up, then stop sucking! Stop being outplayed and dominated!

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37613.msg44480#msg44480 date=1349058681]
    Boo hoo, maybe if we were playing good SLC ball, your crowd would be there when it snowed. That crap your putting out now, will only get the die hards. Maybe I'm the idiot, because I show up for the home games, driving in from Houston.
    [/quote]

You can always come to a packed Robertson Stadium.
    [/quote]

I'd rather be repeatedly pummeled in the head with a claw hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cougar king link=topic=37613.msg44487#msg44487 date=1349100969]
    [quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=37613.msg44486#msg44486 date=1349100556]

To watch a team without Sumlin coaching and without Case Keenum? No, thanks. Run along.
    [/quote]

Let me break it down for you. First off all, we were 0-3 before Saturday and still bought oveer 30k to Reliant. Second, at least people actually show up to our games. Third, all of our first, second AND maybe third stringers would all start at LU,the fact that your starting QB was the 4th string qb for KENTUCKY proves my point. Fourth, we would drop 50+ on Lamar easily. Beaumont is my hometown, but I didn't go to Lamar for a reason and if they keep putting this crap product on the field, I won't be going to PU anytime soon.
    [/quote]

Drawing 30k out of a city with 3 million plus is nothing to brag about. UH sucks, you suck, and your city sucks. You have one good year and you think you are hot chit.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37613.msg44563#msg44563 date=1349151436]
    Was at LU for 5 years, never once was afraid for my safety at any time of night, never saw any gangs, prostitution or all that other supposed stuff. Never heard of anyone who was robbed or had any other crime committed against them. yet somehow it gets that reputation, I know why but it just incorrect. Almost no one lives immediately near campus anyways, most of the southpark houses near campus have been bulldozed drive through those neighborhoods next time your on campus and see.
    [/quote]

Don't get me started again....

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=37613.msg44579#msg44579 date=1349193986]
    I concur with everything CA said. As a recent graduate myself, I felt totally safe around campus. And I would stay over at some of my buddies houses they rented right next to the Evil Southpark and it was not bad. Never saw any prostitution or gangs. I would say some of the areas up around college street are bad, but not necessarily right around campus.
    [/quote]

Yall must be driving around with your eyes closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cougar king link=topic=37613.msg44607#msg44607 date=1349220393]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If that's what my kid wants to do, then there is nothing I can do to stop them. I can give them advice, make suggestions, point them in what I think is the right direction, but at the end of the day. They will make the final choice. I realized that I can't control them forever.

If my kid gets a French degree, they better be the best damn French teacher on the planet. Or whatever else they decide.
    [/quote]

Oh, aren't you just mr. wonderful???!!!

LU 17

Hey cougar king your right...that is a safe place to walk around at night. Go and get yourself a cream burger and then take a stroll down Scott towards 45. Your right, that's a real safe area. Cougar high is the best. Why are you wasting your time with us. We just can't compare.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=37613.msg44579#msg44579 date=1349193986]
    [/quote]

I used to actually live on campus at the ATO lodge in the 90's. We were located on the old fraternity row (now Cardinal Village in the parking lot behind the deaf ed building). Although some of the areas around campus can be a little shady, we never had one problem the entire time we were there, always felt safe.

Dang that was some good times, hate that they tore those lodges down. We used to have some pretty good parties there.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i lived on Highland...today its a ghetto,rat hole

the campus, however...is fabulous compared to back then