Time for a new offensive scheme

red rover

To me what we have is not working. Some told me along time ago" if you continue to do the things you have always done you will contiue to get the same results" after 5 games so far this year we have had the same weak offensive results. I am by no means an expert but we need to change our blocking scheme. If were are not big enough to take on these bigger guys one on one lets run a few trap plays, some double teams or even zone blocking. Something has to change for us to get better.

Coaches make a change or they will change you...

They are implementing a new offensive scheme this year with a lot of young players, doesn't it take at least half a season at a minimum to get it all together? The offense features a new QB, new RBs, 3 new guys on the OL, and a lot of new WRs. It's going to take time but the offense will improve but I'm not expecting any drastic improvements.

Seems to be a lot of mental mistakes that is costing this team a lot of points. Against SELA, these include a dropped pick 6 in the end zone, a interception by Lamar on the 3 yard line on 4th down when dropping that ball would put Lamar on around the 35 yard line, short passes dropped by the TEs, 4 INTs by Moss, special teams letting a punt get returned for a TD.

All 3 losses seem to have 1 thing in common: 2 or 3 mistakes that result in easy points for the other team. Fix these mistakes and they can win a few games.

my father and i have only missed one home game since lamar football came back in 2010...and our one observation is almost the same in every game we've seen lamar play...our guys are just too small...southeastern's guys looked so much bigger compared to lamar's....why cant we recruit big guys like the other schools in our conference?

my father and i have only missed one home game since lamar football came back in 2010...and our one observation is almost the same in every game we've seen lamar play...our guys are just too small...southeastern's guys looked so much bigger compared to lamar's....why cant we recruit big guys like the other schools in our conference?

My brother and his wife watched some of the game on TV Saturday and they made a similar comment to me after the game. The SELA players looked bigger than the Lamar players.

Good coaches adapt their scheme to what they have rather than forcing something that they are not able to do. If and when you recruit and get the type of players for this scheme then go with it. Quit using the excuse for the other guys offense. These lineman are same ones the Whitten had so for four years prior to starting what were they recruiting. All lineman should be able to run block no one is recruited for pass blocking skills only. This is unbelievable!! Woodard Sucks!!!

WOS95, I made the same comment before the season and people told me we were not in the SEC and made comparisons between our O line and SHSU / SFA. I agree with you.

woodard is dead set on running---- "I'd like to run 3 outta 4 plays"

I've been saying all along, a "lesser" team can compete by passing

you failed to mention the biggest success at "undersized" competing with "the Big boys"..Texas Tech under the freak leach

Lamar has thrown over 58% of the time the last two games, so you want them to throw 80% of the time or something? It would help if the receivers wouldn't drop easy passes, or if special teams would do their job and not give the other team 7 points in every game.

you failed to mention the biggest success at "undersized" competing with "the Big boys"..Texas Tech under the freak leach

Lamar has thrown over 58% of the time the last two games, so you want them to throw 80% of the time or something? It would help if the receivers wouldn't drop easy passes, or if special teams would do their job and not give the other team 7 points in every game.

I agree a runnung game would help. The problem is we have NO effective running game. CC do you see us getting better through five games and a spring game with our running game?

It's food for thought I agree the up tempo game with our team speed mainly with that freshmen

class who was infact recruited for a spread " O ". If we must lose get some upper level experience for those guys and see if our prospective future is in fact changing back to the spread.... It's true changing your offense Midstream means over haul of the O-line. I have coach at various levels and that culture change for line is totally differant. I mean the plays can still be the same that are being run, just a formation change and linemen splits and spread field make other teams cover our skill kids and pay for it with auto hot reads and move the 11-man in the box we have been seeing because they know via tendices we will not go down field.. *** Wishful thinking on my part, but I hope not *** GO BIG RED CARDS *** 8)

I would like to see and offense similar to Tech's under leach or Baylor's current offense. Alot of short intermediate routes mixed with some shots down the field. The problems with our line can be offset by draws, bubble screens, and jet sweeps. I think the main factor would be finding a QB with the arm to make the throws.

Guest papabear

18 fumbles, with 9 of them lost. Another 7 INT's. It's hard to judge the offense when turnovers end drives before they ever have a chance to get going. Sometimes turnovers just happen, especially in the passing game, but the amount of times this team puts the ball on the ground is unacceptable. That's just a matter of focus. Every player has had "protect the ball" drilled into them since the first time they put on pads. Coaches can talk about until their blue in the face, but it's up the players to make sure they focus on protecting the ball.

Turnovers is by the far the biggest problem this team has right now. If we do a better job protecting the ball we are at least 1-1 in conference with a chance to win both of those games. The propensity to give up a big return is a concern too, especially because they seem to be the same mistakes. Clean up those two areas and this team looks DRASTICALLY better.