Happy with Coach Woodard?

QB 22

Honestly where would they go? Sims seems to have shown a little remorse for the things he has done in his past.

Unless they become discipline problems or flunk out I am sure they will be back. Why wouldn't they?

The morale on the team just seems so bad. That's the only reason I mentioned it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but when the going to get tough the tough get going. As far as pass protection we are going to have to keep the running back around for max protection. It seems like there is miscommunication because they had a party in our backfield Saturday and any other time we need to throw the ball medium to deep this season..

Guest Cardinalrule

I agree but when the going to get tough the tough get going. As far as pass protection we are going to have to keep the running back around for max protection. It seems like there is miscommunication because they had a party in our backfield Saturday and any other time we need to throw the ball medium to deep this season..

True, especially the miscommunication part. It seemed like when Berry came in they were doing a better job picking things up, it looked like Berry was helping tell them who to get. But we took a big step backward against Sam with that. If they blitzed, it was almost like we wouldn't block ANYBODY.

Guest Cardinalrule

Well some of that has to be credited to Sam's exotic blitz packages but there is still no reason for some of the plays that occurred. We have a D2 Oline at best.

That could be true but it could also be that our coaches should have had them prepared to pick up those blitzes.

They definitely had plenty of film to look at and prep for the game but we can't dwell the better team won the game. On to SFA so I'm sure next Monday we will be talking about another adjustment that was glaringly obvious that out staff didn't adjust too. Maybe we will leave eight in the box all night against the lumberjacks and let the impose their will on our db's?

There's going to have be better protection for the QB. I mean you guys have to admit watching the team the last few seasons prior was drastically more exciting with a vertical passing attack.

If the opposing team does not blitz it seems like our line is doing much better. But, when there's a blitz...look out. It looks like we have no clue what to do. There were some plays against Sam where Berry was getting tackled before he was even able to drop back all the way...it was crazy. Plus, the defense doesn't respect our wide receivers/offensive scheme so they are perfectly ok with playing man. We need to try to work mismatches, and learn how to pick up blitzes.

We run man-to-man on everyone, even Baylor. It's not a disrespect thing, that's how this team plays defense.

i listen to the Ray Ray show every monday on KLVI..and he always talks about how we need to play better....well yeah capt obvious..lol...the only ppl that call in are his friends and family telling him what a good job hes doing...also he talks about his practice schedule..how he gives the team off mondays..personally i think they need to practice and not be off on mondays...jmo..

Guest Cardinalrule

There's going to have be better protection for the QB. I mean you guys have to admit watching the team the last few seasons prior was drastically more exciting with a vertical passing attack.

If the opposing team does not blitz it seems like our line is doing much better. But, when there's a blitz...look out. It looks like we have no clue what to do. There were some plays against Sam where Berry was getting tackled before he was even able to drop back all the way...it was crazy. Plus, the defense doesn't respect our wide receivers/offensive scheme so they are perfectly ok with playing man. We need to try to work mismatches, and learn how to pick up blitzes.

We run man-to-man on everyone, even Baylor. It's not a disrespect thing, that's how this team plays defense.

I would consider it no respect. Regardless of who you are playing. Receivers have to man up and beat man to man coverage. (P.s.....that is probably why you lost the baylor game?)

I would consider it no respect. Regardless of who you are playing. Receivers have to man up and beat man to man coverage. (P.s.....that is probably why you lost the baylor game?)

We lost the game because we were a trainwreck in the first 8 minutes of the second half. If you think we're going to "respect" Lamar wideouts and not Baylor's, you're delusional. We have some of the best cover guys in FCS

The players being off on Monday is not going to make or break this team. However, I do agree they should be practicing on Monday! But, the coaches need to be going over their play books, too. A ship is only as good as their captain!

I, personally stopped listening and watching Woodard's interviews after about the 2nd show this season .... I was over hearing about him, his knee injury in college and his "not to toot my own horn" recruiting skills!

I agree wideouts should beat man to man coverage but we also need a line that can protect long enough to throw the deeper routes and a QB who can make the throws. We have a ton of issues.

aint buying it...all we did the last two years was throw it deep..our only route...and the O-line sucked then,also---its coaching

i think RayRay is so hellbent on running, he's gonna try come hell or high water. Ride that run game to the unemployment line.

I agree wideouts should beat man to man coverage but we also need a line that can protect long enough to throw the deeper routes and a QB who can make the throws. We have a ton of issues.

aint buying it...all we did the last two years was throw it deep..our only route...and the O-line sucked then,also---its coaching

i think RayRay is so hellbent on running, he's gonna try come hell or high water. Ride that run game to the unemployment line.

Don't get me wrong man the coaching is piss poor as well but watching that game last week you think we have time to throw the ball?