Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy with Coach Woodard?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Happy with Coach Woodard?

They definitely had plenty of film to look at and prep for the game but we can't dwell the better team won the game. On to SFA so I'm sure next Monday we will be talking about another adjustment that was glaringly obvious that out staff didn't adjust too. Maybe we will leave eight in the box all night against the lumberjacks and let the impose their will on our db's?
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

we can put out 15 guys on defense..SFA will stil impose their will on the dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

:'( :'( :'( :'(
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37629.msg45796#msg45796 date=1351564782]
    [quote author=Redrain07 link=topic=37629.msg45778#msg45778 date=1351554623]
    There's going to have be better protection for the QB. I mean you guys have to admit watching the team the last few seasons prior was drastically more exciting with a vertical passing attack.
    [/quote]

If the opposing team does not blitz it seems like our line is doing much better. But, when there's a blitz...look out. It looks like we have no clue what to do. There were some plays against Sam where Berry was getting tackled before he was even able to drop back all the way...it was crazy. Plus, the defense doesn't respect our wide receivers/offensive scheme so they are perfectly ok with playing man. We need to try to work mismatches, and learn how to pick up blitzes.
    [/quote]

We run man-to-man on everyone, even Baylor. It's not a disrespect thing, that's how this team plays defense.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I know I was at the game in Waco and game away very impressed..
    Sigma NU -LTH

WOS95

i listen to the Ray Ray show every monday on KLVI..and he always talks about how we need to play better....well yeah capt obvious..lol...the only ppl that call in are his friends and family telling him what a good job hes doing...also he talks about his practice schedule..how he gives the team off mondays..personally i think they need to practice and not be off on mondays...jmo..

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

They need a lot of things.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Cardinalrule

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37629.msg45837#msg45837 date=1351574411]
    [quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37629.msg45796#msg45796 date=1351564782]
    [quote author=Redrain07 link=topic=37629.msg45778#msg45778 date=1351554623]
    There's going to have be better protection for the QB. I mean you guys have to admit watching the team the last few seasons prior was drastically more exciting with a vertical passing attack.
    [/quote]

If the opposing team does not blitz it seems like our line is doing much better. But, when there's a blitz...look out. It looks like we have no clue what to do. There were some plays against Sam where Berry was getting tackled before he was even able to drop back all the way...it was crazy. Plus, the defense doesn't respect our wide receivers/offensive scheme so they are perfectly ok with playing man. We need to try to work mismatches, and learn how to pick up blitzes.
    [/quote]

We run man-to-man on everyone, even Baylor. It's not a disrespect thing, that's how this team plays defense.
    [/quote]

I would consider it no respect. Regardless of who you are playing. Receivers have to man up and beat man to man coverage. (P.s.....that is probably why you lost the baylor game?)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

They lost the Baylor game for a lot of reasons but that is only one of them. I agree wideouts should beat man to man coverage but we also need a line that can protect long enough to throw the deeper routes and a QB who can make the throws. We have a ton of issues.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37629.msg45901#msg45901 date=1351647780]

I would consider it no respect. Regardless of who you are playing. Receivers have to man up and beat man to man coverage. (P.s.....that is probably why you lost the baylor game?)
    [/quote]

We lost the game because we were a trainwreck in the first 8 minutes of the second half. If you think we're going to "respect" Lamar wideouts and not Baylor's, you're delusional. We have some of the best cover guys in FCS
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The players being off on Monday is not going to make or break this team. However, I do agree they should be practicing on Monday! But, the coaches need to be going over their play books, too. A ship is only as good as their captain!
    I, personally stopped listening and watching Woodard's interviews after about the 2nd show this season .... I was over hearing about him, his knee injury in college and his "not to toot my own horn" recruiting skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

RayRay still carries a chip on his shoulder cuz he wasnt recruited

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree wideouts should beat man to man coverage but we also need a line that can protect long enough to throw the deeper routes and a QB who can make the throws. We have a ton of issues.

aint buying it...all we did the last two years was throw it deep..our only route...and the O-line sucked then,also---its coaching

i think RayRay is so hellbent on running, he's gonna try come hell or high water. Ride that run game to the unemployment line.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37629.msg45951#msg45951 date=1351714314]
    RayRay still carries a chip on his shoulder cuz he wasnt recruited
    [/quote]

Just like cougar king maybe they are one in the same?
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37629.msg45952#msg45952 date=1351714581]
    I agree wideouts should beat man to man coverage but we also need a line that can protect long enough to throw the deeper routes and a QB who can make the throws. We have a ton of issues.

aint buying it...all we did the last two years was throw it deep..our only route...and the O-line sucked then,also---its coaching

i think RayRay is so hellbent on running, he's gonna try come hell or high water. Ride that run game to the unemployment line.
    [/quote]

Don't get me wrong man the coaching is piss poor as well but watching that game last week you think we have time to throw the ball?
    Sigma NU -LTH