Happy with Coach Woodard?

QB 22

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question...

Should any "credit" be given for the fact that he upgraded and gutted his entire staff this off season (the only 2 that I can think of still here are Brown and McGallion)?

Those are still his decisions, which he should be held accountable for. He can only have a scapegoat for so long. Like puddin was saying before, at least Whitten's offense could score some points.

At some point in time, the common denominator between all the seasons becomes Woodard. Eventually he'll have to stop blaming his players, the fans, and the assistant coaches.

Just a question...

Should any "credit" be given for the fact that he upgraded and gutted his entire staff this off season (the only 2 that I can think of still here are Brown and McGallion)?

Those are still his decisions, which he should be held accountable for. He can only have a scapegoat for so long. Like puddin was saying before, at least Whitten's offense could score some points.

At some point in time, the common denominator between all the seasons becomes Woodard. Eventually he'll have to stop blaming his players, the fans, and the assistant coaches.

Whitten had Bevil and Johnson at QB along with Marcus Jackson and JJ Hayes at WR. They could make some big plays just by throwing the ball, or in Johnson's case by running. Having said that, you'd think after 9 games that Woodard and Kueck would have figured out something by now.

But thanks to some donations, Woodard upgraded his staff so he'll be given more time to win. With the majority of starters coming back next year on offense and defense, I can't see how they could keep Woodard in 2014 if they don't win at least 6 games next year.

I was never overly impressed with Bevil as I thought he made bad descisions and ran scarred, but neither Berry or Moss has shown me they have anywhere near as good of an arm the Bevil had. So since we can't block which makes it hard to run and can't throw what kind of offense do you expect.

Guest Cardinalrule

Doesn't matter whether I am happy with him or not unless I had the money to buy him out of his contract, no one at the school cares what I think.

You seriously believe that the administrators don't care what the fans and alumae think?

Guest Cardinalrule

Just a question...

Please don't agree with puddin, it gives him the big head when people agree with him.

Guest Cardinalrule

I was never overly impressed with Bevil as I thought he made bad descisions and ran scarred, but neither Berry or Moss has shown me they have anywhere near as good of an arm the Bevil had. So since we can't block which makes it hard to run and can't throw what kind of offense do you expect.

Bevil could throw a great deep ball but: 1) that is all he could throw 2) he'd throw it into triple coverage 3) he had JJ to throw it to. We have nobody that has shown they are anywhere close to being the receiver JJ was.

Guest Cardinalrule

Honestly where would they go? Sims seems to have shown a little remorse for the things he has done in his past.

Unless they become discipline problems or flunk out I am sure they will be back. Why wouldn't they?

Guest Cardinalrule

There's going to have be better protection for the QB. I mean you guys have to admit watching the team the last few seasons prior was drastically more exciting with a vertical passing attack.

If the opposing team does not blitz it seems like our line is doing much better. But, when there's a blitz...look out. It looks like we have no clue what to do. There were some plays against Sam where Berry was getting tackled before he was even able to drop back all the way...it was crazy. Plus, the defense doesn't respect our wide receivers/offensive scheme so they are perfectly ok with playing man. We need to try to work mismatches, and learn how to pick up blitzes.

Guest Cardinalrule

we could at least try to throw...

I hate to do this, but I agree. What are trying to prove by running the ball every damn play. Like I mentioned before, we started out with a semi decent game plan against Sam. I mean, it seemed like we are actually trying to throw on first down on occasion. Then, when we got behind, we scrapped that idea and would either run every friggin down and then punt or run on first and second down, try to throw, get sacked or pressured and then punt.