Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Lamar at Northwestern State Game Thread ** NSU Wins 30-23 **

bossman73

Re: Official Lamar at Northwestern State Game Thread ** NSU Wins 30-23 **

sorry about some of the words. i am still mad about the jr high refs

bossman73

eagle eye where is the grade on WR and dont forget a MISS ON EXTRA POINT!!!!! REALLY

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I can handle the missed extra point. It even happens in the pros sometimes. As long as he doesnt make it a habit. Kickers botch kicks. It is expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The O-line looked better last night. As far as who should be QB, I don't see much difference in the two. Berry threw some decent deep balls, but touch on the shorter stuff seemed off every now and then. Moss seems like the opposite to me. Good touch on the short patterns and not so accurate going deep. As far as mobility, I see no difference whatsoever. Moss seems to scramble pretty good IMO. Berry did have some turnovers and sacks at critical times, but that could be attributed to no playing time. I just hope Coach Woodard picks one and sticks with him. Reps is the key. I also think he had better blocking last night than Moss has had at any time this year. Sims will keep getting better with time, too. He had some good runs at critical times last night. And I agree that the defense played their butts off last night. It was the most enjoyable game to watch so far this season, even if it was a loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm getting frustrated with the mental mistakes. Kevin Johnson was open on a slant and could have had a TD but never looked up as the ball was thrown right to him. LU had the same illegal formation penalty within 3 or 4 plays of one another that cost them a first down and forced and punt. The freshman Darell Harris came in for one play and promptly fumbled the ball away. I think that's why we saw Garrett back in at RB.

The o-line was better last night. They went with a bigger lineup as Wempa started at RG instead of Robertson. But even last year with the bigger guys on the o-line the QBs were always getting pressured. Berry finished the year as the starter because of all the injuries to the QBs, including his broken leg.

This one stat is simple amazing: they've fumbled 18 times and lost 9 of them, along with 7 INTs. They've only played 6 games! Stop the mistakes and they might actually win a few games.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37634.msg44823#msg44823 date=1349627187]
    This one stat is simple amazing: they've fumbled 18 times and lost 9 of them, along with 7 INTs. They've only played 6 games! Stop the mistakes and they might actually win a few games.
    [/quote]

Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I attended the game and the Ref's were like pop warner at best. Open up offense looked good defense held there own most of ?? parents in our 1st big recruiting class that coach Brown was the reason the picked LU over some other offer's. I am hearing alot of the freshmen class say the would rather go sit out somewhere else next season spread players with speed that see no future in the pro style 5 yd dink pass offense being run, and no respect for the old (AC) the gives no respect yet demands it from all around him. Hope this story has a "Happy Ending" Makes You Wonder" :o

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I am just saying in short version, we have assit (DC) and No assit (AC) coach J. Brown has history running a spread type offense most of his player & coaching time. He is a local guy that is player type coach. If we lose the current (AC) I see litte down time but a lot upside out with old try new already respected by all the players and no down time to search for a new (AC). He is a great recruiter from what I here... all positive notes I am just saying.. ??

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=bossman73 link=topic=37634.msg44815#msg44815 date=1349618361]
    I saw the game in person my Grades O-LINE B+
    QB B-
    WR F
    RB B

D-LINE A+
    LB B
    SD C

special teams F

Sorry Bossman, but I can't go ant higher than a D+ for the O-Line. Looks to me that it is hard to tell about the QB, since I don't think that is as big a problem as some other areas. Do agree with the defensive grades.
    AND LAST THE REF'S YOU GUY'S STINK,SUCKKKKKK GO BAD TO REFIN GIRL FOOTBALL YOU TELL OUR TEAM TO HOLD UP THEN SAY GO AND 2 SECONDS LATER GIVE US A DELAY OF GAME!!!!! ON WORD FOR YOU HEAD REF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! hope coach woodard turns you in DUMBASS!!!
    [/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37634.msg44823#msg44823 date=1349627187]
    I'm getting frustrated with the mental mistakes. Kevin Johnson was open on a slant and could have had a TD but never looked up as the ball was thrown right to him. LU had the same illegal formation penalty within 3 or 4 plays of one another that cost them a first down and forced and punt. The freshman Darell Harris came in for one play and promptly fumbled the ball away. I think that's why we saw Garrett back in at RB.

The o-line was better last night. They went with a bigger lineup as Wempa started at RG instead of Robertson. But even last year with the bigger guys on the o-line the QBs were always getting pressured. Berry finished the year as the starter because of all the injuries to the QBs, including his broken leg.

[/quote]

I agree about the mistakes, they are ridiculous!!! Averaging 3 fumbles a game?? And the penalties!!! Good lord, it is absurd. That is a part of the reason the offense struggled against NWSU...it is a big difference going 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 almost every stinking series.

As for Johnson, watch him on his routes...it is crazy. Again, I'd never throw him the ball if I were QB..you know he probably won't be running his route and he definitely isn't going to help you out at all. That slant is a prime example, as was the very first deep ball he threw...Johnson just jogging dow the sideline. Oh, and the pick...I didn't notice it but the radio announcer said that Johnson just quit running his route on that one. That is one thing that ticks me off about turnover/interception/completion percentages with Quarterbacks. You can't tell how legit those things are unless you actually see what took place.

As far as the better protection...I've been saying it for a while that a lot of times Moss creates the pressure by either stepping into it or scrambling too soon. I know, I'm not letting the o-line off the hook but the next time he is in there he has to help them out. Some people were on here griping about Berry staying in the pocket too long and getting sacked. I don't think that was necessarily the case. He made several big plays BECAUSE he stayed in the pocket...and on the big fumble he had at the end of the game it appeared he was trying to get out of the pocket a little too soon and he stepped right over the the defensive end. I'm not 100% sure on that but I have it recorded and I'm going to watch it again to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=eagle eye link=topic=37634.msg44817#msg44817 date=1349622696]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37634.msg44804#msg44804 date=1349592506]
    Mossokowski threw 4 int last week...just saying

Post game....Ray says offense must improve, then says wiseass remark about Berry? Don't single one offensive player out, when the whole offense is sucking. Berry oughta give him the finger.

I overstated earlier, I think Johnson tries about every 6 plays at most. Ray, why don't ya call him a slacker.
    [/quote]

I know that Moss was pretty bad last week. I said so last week but Berry has no internal clock. He doesn't move in the pocket well and his accuracy throwing the ball leaves a lot to be desired. If Moss had the time last week Berry got last night he might not have tossed 4 INTs. It's really hard to tell from one game to the next. I get that Woodard is looking for a starting QB but alternating series or alternating starts gives no continuity for the offense or the QB. Ray, make a decision and stick with it for the rest of the season.

[quote author=bossman73 link=topic=37634.msg44815#msg44815 date=1349618361]
    I saw the game in person my Grades O-LINE B+
    QB B-
    WR F
    RB B

D-LINE A+
    LB B
    SD C

special teams F
    AND LAST THE REF'S YOU GUY'S STINK,SUCKKKKKK GO BAD TO REFIN GIRL FOOTBALL YOU TELL OUR TEAM TO HOLD UP THEN SAY GO AND 2 SECONDS LATER GIVE US A DELAY OF GAME!!!!! ON WORD FOR YOU HEAD REF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! hope coach woodard turns you in DUMBASS!!!
    [/quote]

Here's how I graded the game;
    > O-line - B
    > QB - D+
    > RB - B
    > Defense Overall - A
    D-line - A
    LBs - A-
    DBs - B
    > Special Teams - C (this was mostly on the strength of the long punt return they gave up late and the missed extra point at the end of the game. They did have a fumbled snap on a punt but the punter got a first down off of it. I like the strategy on the kickoffs (squibbing, pooch kicks, etc) and the punter did a good job. ST didn't hurt us as in previous games.)

I totally agree with bossman73 about the refs. Really pitiful. So that's where the NFL replacement refs went!
    [/quote]

Umm...the defense gave up more than 200 yds rushing. And their receivers were open all night...thank god for dropped passes. And you didn't grade our receivers. It appears that bossman watched the same game I watched. Not sure what game you watched.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Damm16 link=topic=37634.msg44838#msg44838 date=1349659664]
    I attended the game and the Ref's were like pop warner at best. Open up offense looked good defense held there own most of ?? parents in our 1st big recruiting class that coach Brown was the reason the picked LU over some other offer's. I am hearing alot of the freshmen class say the would rather go sit out somewhere else next season spread players with speed that see no future in the pro style 5 yd dink pass offense being run, and no respect for the old (AC) the gives no respect yet demands it from all around him. Hope this story has a "Happy Ending" Makes You Wonder" :o
    [/quote]

Why would Kueck give respect to a bunch of 18 year olds? Why wouldn't he demand it? He is the coach and has been around the block. If these little prima donna brats don't like it then show them the door!! And what is an AC?