Ray, the team has a cancer..

lcard05

I am just saying in short version, we have asst (DC) and No asst (AC) coach J. Brown has history running a spread type offense most of his player & coaching time. He is a local guy that is player type coach. If we lose the current (AC) I see litte down time but a lot upside out with old try new already respected by all the players and no down time to search for a new (AC). He is a great recruiter from what I here... all positive notes I am just saying.. ??

this is kinda like ray..threw prewitt under the bus...next will be Berry

KJ? tries about a tenth of the plays.....when i read the title of this post, i figured it was a post about him.

Y'all all wanted a running team...Woodard wanted to run 3 outta 4 plays

Brown?, cmon..his coaching experience is squat--

I do think everybody is learning about "oh, such and such" is a 3 star recruit".....BIG FRICKING DEAL

clean out the ENTIRE house

Yes, the special K aka (AC) is the root of all evil in the messed up deal and the Brown comment is just to finish out the season he could do better than the slowest show on earth we have been getting. Switching an entire offensive verbage at mid season is crazy, but an intrim (AC) keeping it basically the same coming from a former QB that was a open style QB would make the kids stay focus and finish as a team i am just saying .. couldn't get must worse in my eyes :-[ We keep putting bandaids on bullet holes...!

Here's an article from 2006 when Kueck was OC at Marshall. Looks like his play calling has been a problem before.

Marshall's offensive play calling was so conservative that even San Diego Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer would have complained. I was watching the game with a friend who could not tell you the difference between a football and a Fruit Roll-Up, yet even he was able to predict whether Marshall was going to run the ball or throw it before they ran the play. If a 20-year-old guy who is football illiterate can predict Marshall's play calling, you have a major problem. Marshall's offensive coordinator, Larry Kueck, came under fire last season for unoriginal play calling, but Coach Snyder stuck with him for some still unknown reason. Finding a person who still supports Coach Kueck's play calling is about as difficult as finding a Marshall student wearing WVU apparel on campus - oh wait, you see dozens of those people everyday walking to class, bad comparison.

Link: http://www.marshallparthenon.com/sports/changes-a-must-for-herd-1.1894300

Not about KJ. You can only run down the field so much and be open until you figure whats the use... and we do not get it to him. You have to admit, most of our TD's have been when we got the ball to him. The post is about the one the whole team hates...KUECK...

We like Ray, we do not want this other idiot to cost him his job...

All of this love for KJ is ridiculous. The guy is a below average receiver with an apparent attitude problem. Personally, if he'd straighten out his attitude I wouldn't mind seeing him play running back. He either: is NOT a receiver, is slow and just can't get open, or he has a terrible attitude. I would never throw the ball to him if I was a QB. You cannot count on him. Watch him, he won't finish a route, he won't "go get" the ball, and he usually is never open. However, he is big and apparently strong and has decent speed so give him a try at running back.

I, too thought this was going to be a thread about KJ being the cancer to remove.

Perhaps Kueck is so conservative because of Ray? Or perhaps he is overly concerned about the offensive line? Or perhaps he realizes none of our receivers will get open deep? I don't know. Personally, I don't care about any of that...you have to throw it down the field more. Berry did that so I give him another start.

i think Ray had to have "boring" input into the offense..Kueck's qbs set passing records at LU, at marshall..leftwich threw for 4000+ yards, at So miss, the qb broke favres records....i think RayRay told him.."we are gonna run"..now we cant and we are screwed.

triple option??? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

get major applewhite at HC! one of the detmer boys for OC! air it out! bring out the old air raid siren we used to have....hell, hire Mcmurry's coach...

i think Ray had to have "boring" input into the offense..Kueck's qbs set passing records at LU, at marshall..leftwich threw for 4000+ yards, at So miss, the qb broke favres records....i think RayRay told him.."we are gonna run"..now we cant and we are screwed.

triple option??? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

get major applewhite at HC! one of the detmer boys for OC! air it out! bring out the old air raid siren we used to have....hell, hire Mcmurry's coach...

Applewhite? I'd be all for that!! He's got boring a$$ Mack Brown's Longhorns actually playing exciting offensive football.

yup, read that.......still makes no sense...his offense set records at LU (first stint), Marshall, So Miss----now this crap this year. I dunno..he fall in the tub and smack his head? He forget how to draw pass plays? i think RayRay told him less pass ..we wanna run...

I think kueck will be his goat..cuz God knows..its never Ray's fault

JJWOOT...I miss Dim whitten!!!!

Woot did better with less tools.....you are right..

I don't know. He had a NFL-calibur receiver (Jackson) plus JJ Hayes and while everyone complained about Bevil he seemed to be able to make some big plays. Is this year's OL better than last year? The defense sucked last year, this year it's the opposite.

I don't know. He had a NFL-calibur receiver (Jackson) plus JJ Hayes and while everyone complained about Bevil he seemed to be able to make some big plays. Is this year's OL better than last year? The defense sucked last year, this year it's the opposite.

but we have a 4 star from okie state..must be , gotta be better ::)

Woot did better with less tools.....you are right..

I think we desperately miss JJ hayes. He was our big play receiver and he was not a half a$$er like our supposed star this year. We definitely miss Jackson too. Our OL better this year than last? Nope. So, offensively, I'd have to say we definitely had more to work with last year than this year. But, I think this o line is going to be good. We just need to play the receivers that are sitting (Sparks and maybe the PNG kid) and sit one or two of the receivers that aren't getting open or that have a bad attitude or both (Johnson).

Guest football88
11 catches. 7 td's. Not sitting this guy. Quit worrying about his attitude, whether its bad or not and get him the football. Geez. Just look at winning and losing and what we have done when we won and haven't done when we lost. All this Johnson and his "attitude" talk is ridiculous. Throw the ball around. Spread the field. Cut down the turnovers. Stop punting the ball to the return man, if nobody will tackle. Worry about that stuff, TEAM stuff, instead of calling out an individual.

There's another cancer about this program, the attitude of a few posters on this site. Calling out individual players on a board like this is rarely a good thing. Look at Coach Knight, he said he could probably only did what he did with the BB team last year with that particualar group. I am not sure any of us have the experience in social science to make that kind of judgement about any of these players.