Herschel Sims hurt in win

Mike

Hearing rumblings that its a torn Achilles...hate to see that in a game that was already decided but let's just hope he recovers well and will ready for next season...

I know Woodard said it was a knee...but I've heard otherwise...maybe one of the dads on here can get somethin verified from within

He will be fine he has a hyper extended knee. Nothing at all to do with the achillies tendon he had ice on his knee during the game they never looked at anything below his knee when he got injured do you not pay attention to what they were doing to him on the sideline

I was in the student section...cant see much of what was goin on on the training tables...i heard it from someone that works in the athletic training dept. so thats all i had to go on...maybe he was just trying to pull everyone's chain

Sims might play Saturday against Central Arkansas according to Chris Dabe:

Herschel Sims will be brought along slowly and expects to play Saturday at Central Arkansas after he injured his right knee last week.

Sims ran for a season-best 99 yards before he went down with what coach Ray Woodard now says is a bruised knee in the third quarter of Lamar's 52-21 homecoming win against McMurry.

Woodard said Saturday Sims had what appeared to be a hyperextended knee. Woodard said Monday it was more of a bruise. The coach said Sims will be limited in practice Tuesday but should be well enough to play Saturday.

Woodard said Sims could have continued playing last week under different circumstances, perhaps if it was a Southland Conference game and not against an NCAA Division II school.

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2012/10/15/update-sims-injury-woodard-contract/