Thread: More on Sims

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

More on Sims

First was Ray Ray planning on playing Sims more than he led us to believe when he said he just wanted to get him 100 yds then another 100 yd rusher. His latest statement say he was expecting a big half out of Orange Sims. Sims must be told to dress in team gear which is Red not orange, lack of discipline on a coaching staff in making players wear what we taxpayers buy. If not we would look like a rainbow if we let everyone wear what they want. When does his plea bargain come up again. Glad his knee is not hurt but please get him with the program!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: More on Sims

No taxpayers are buying their clothes.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Well who pays for the practice and game gear get real coach!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=QB 22 link=topic=37681.msg45216#msg45216 date=1350502602]
    [/quote]

It's against the law to use taxpayer money for college athletics in Texas. It all comes from student fees, donations, etc.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Did not know that but if they are going to wear do not use the fees to buy it Team sports have no place for individuals. I may be the only one with a problem with it but that is my opinion, I know I would want my team in school issued gear not their personal wear, maybe I am too old school but you have to draw the line somewhere!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Don't really mean to give you a hard time about it. I don't like him wearing orange either, but from reading the article it doesn't sound like that big of a deal. He seems to be playing hard and doesn't seem to have any attitude problems.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Like I said let them wear whatever they want and put the fees to good use. You must have structure especially a young program or you will never have a foundation, due you really think he would wear crimson (ou) while practicing at osu. Do not think so. Too lax for my money. Probably not many who care or think it is a problem, but once again just my opinion and it does or does not make it right.

CardAmbassador

While I get what you're saying, I don't think our players should be wearing stuff from other schools either. I also think that you're reacting exactly how that newspaper article wanted you to react, players wearing other schools gear is not a problem, its a symptom of a larger problem.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I truly believe there are a lot more problems that are going to surface as this dismal season goes on!! I do not know if the paper is reporting correctly are not, but I remember the game Garrett got hurt he had on leggings that matched Big Red's the mascots leggings. Why he was allowed to wear that amazes me. One more thing I want to get off my chest is that I am sick and tired of Ray trying to be a comic with some of his interviews, as what he thinks is funny is not to me. He was hired to win games not be a want to be standup comic and right now he is neither!! Oh well I am off this topic as it is going nowhere as is our season which I believe will end 3-9 and maybe just maybe 4-8. Peace out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37681.msg45218#msg45218 date=1350503322]
    [quote author=QB 22 link=topic=37681.msg45216#msg45216 date=1350502602]
    [/quote]

It's against the law to use taxpayer money for college athletics in Texas. It all comes from student fees, donations, etc.
    [/quote]

Absolutely correct coach. This one reason that we had better equipment in track & field in high school than I was given in college. Most distance runners buy their own training shoes in college because the school will not buy the expensive shoes that get worn out every 3 months.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Well a track budget is not as high as a fb one and track really does not generate any $$$. I am not knocking the sport or people who ran just saying!!