2013 Schedule

coachacola

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe Did you know? Lamar plays back-to-back games next season at Louisiana Tech and at Oklahoma State, according to Ray Woodard.

Lamar's scheduled to play Okie State on 9/14 while La Tech already has games scheduled on 9/7 and 9/21 so not sure how that will pan out.

With 4 home conference games next year (NW State, UCA, SFA and McNeese and 5 away games (2 FBS, 3 conference), I bet we'll see at least 1 non-D1 home game, probably 2 of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

La Tech, OSU, UCA, NW State, and SFA game dates are posted on their school websites. Looks like the SLC is changing the order of the conference games after keeping them the same in 2010 and 2011.

8/31 vs Oklahoma Pandlehandle State ** confirmed **

9/7 at La Tech ** confirmed **

9/14 at Oklahoma State ** confirmed **

9/21 vs Bacone ** confirmed **

9/28 at Grambling ** confirmed **

10/5 open

10/12 at SHSU ** confirmed **

10/19 vs UCA ** confirmed **

10/26 at SELA ** confirmed **

11/2 vs Nicholls ** confirmed **

11/9 at NW State ** confirmed **

11/16 vs SFA ** confirmed **

11/23 vs McNeese ** confirmed **

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also heard that Georgia State(Sun Belt) and South Alabama(Sun Belt) are supposed to come to BMT as well

thanks for joining/posting j.doza. Woodard told me last season that there is a rule that doesnt allow FBS schools to play in FCS stadiums and when Georgia State comes to Beaumont it'll be the only time it's going to happen. The only reason its allowed in this case was because GSU was on the LU schedule before they moved up so they were grandfathered in.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigRed2010

Apparently September 28th we will be playing at Grambling.

Grambling 2013 schedule

update

(TENTATIVE)The 2013 Football Schedule (TENTATIVE)

August 31st.............AAMU

September 7th........@ULM

September 14th......Lincoln Univ. in KC, MO

September 21st @ Alabama State

September 28th .....Lamar Univ.

October 5th @ State Fair Classic

October 12th @Alcorn

October 19th @Jackson

October 26th .......TXSU

November 2nd.......MS Valley

November 9th @UAPB

November 16th (OPEN DATE)

November 30th @Bayou Classic

December 7th SCG.

Read more: http://gogrambling.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=grambling&action=display&thread=4253#ixzz2IeoZlNbG

• 3 weeks later...
Woodard said they should be announcing the 12 game schedule soon, they are waiting on one more contract to be signed. Grambling will be coming to Beaumont in 2014. The 8/31 and 9/21 games (before and after the FBS games) will be home games. Woodard hasn't confirmed who Lamar will be playing but I still believe one will be Oklahoma Panhandle State.

I had hoped Lamar would play Abilene Christian this year. A match up between two charter members of the Southland to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Conference would have been nice.

I agree, and thanks for joining and posting ammons.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
I hope the schedule is better but I don't get the impression it will be. Wins over OK Panhandle State shouldn't count toward progress in the program. Wins over Sam, SFA and McNeese would!!!

Guest eagle eye
Wow! Nice payday for Lamar but I hope we don't need to bring the team home in ambulances. There is no way this team will hold OKSt to 70 points. Don't get me wrong, I think this could benefit Lamar if only to see where they need to be physically to play college ball and to see what a real first class program is. If they bring that back to Beaumont then the ass-whoopin' we take will be worth it. If they just get their butts kicked and don't learn anything then---well---nice payday for Lamar.