Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LU to Sunbelt??

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: LU to Sunbelt??

[quote author=nickels link=topic=37706.msg45954#msg45954 date=1351715944]
    More delusional b.s. and you still havnt named me any players from Lamar that would have significantly improved McNeese over the last 3 years. Name me some recruits that chose Lamar over McNeese. Sam has beaten Lamar 160-17 over the last 3 years with 2nd stringers finishing the last half of those games. If any of these players were going to improve McNeese enough to beat us, why didn't they do anything when they played us? Lamar takes the SETX players that cant go D1 anywhere else.

If your to much of an idiot to see what changed over the last 3 years for Sam Houston, you dont have the slightest bit of knowledge about this conference and don't deserve my time. (Coach Fritz is what changed, dumbass)
    [/quote]

You speak too much truth for these folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Fritz is a good coach and hired a great staff at Sam there's no doubt about that. I don't understand what the Lamar administration is trying to prove by extending our coach but hey what can you do? I've seen zero improvement over the past three years but one day they will pull their head out of their butts and realize we need to make a change and just like Fritz did a Sam said coach will do the same here. It's not delusion, College athletics is cyclical and one day Sam will be bottom feeding again because even Fritz has a price.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

More delusional b.s c
    . (Coach Fritz is what changed, dumbass)
    [/quote]
    Proverbs 29.9
    If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

I think that applies to you perfectly nickel.

Which one is it nickel? You want me to tell you the players that could have made a difference but you say coaching is what made the difference at Slam. I don't care how good of a coach you are you can't turn a jackass into a thoroughbred. Slam had eight players on the all conference first team last year. That is a sign of good talent not good coaching. Good coaching is when you have no one on the first team and win the conference. But that NEVER happens because it takes talent. And if you lack the intelligence to see or admit it Lamar is taking away players from Mc Neese. Mc Neese lost two games in the final minutes. That is a sign of a lack of depth.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The man has a point..just because you simply hate Lamar won't keep them down forever.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=cougar king link=topic=37706.msg45956#msg45956 date=1351716575]
    More delusional b.s. and you still havnt named me any players from Lamar that would have significantly improved McNeese over the last 3 years. Name me some recruits that chose Lamar over McNeese. Sam has beaten Lamar 160-17 over the last 3 years with 2nd stringers finishing the last half of those games. If any of these players were going to improve McNeese enough to beat us, why didn't they do anything when they played us? Lamar takes the SETX players that cant go D1 anywhere else.

If your to much of an idiot to see what changed over the last 3 years for Sam Houston, you dont have the slightest bit of knowledge about this conference and don't deserve my time. (Coach Fritz is what changed, dumbass)
    [/quote]

You speak too much truth for these folks.
    [/quote]
    Good thing you left awful Beaumont to go to UH. Who lost to FIRST YEAR FBS school Texas State. 31 - 13. That is a former Southland school that couldn't win a championship in the Southland. Conference USA football must be a high level.

Also the social life at UH must be awful. When I was in collage I was more interested in the women not what was going on on a message board. But I guess it keeps you off of Westheimer.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We cant compete in southland, until we can i say stay pat, or its basketball all over again. You people are crazy, truthfully we should be d-3, hell we cam beat those schools

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Carl101559 link=topic=37706.msg46070#msg46070 date=1351981223]
    We cant compete in southland, until we can i say stay pat, or its basketball all over again. You people are crazy, truthfully we should be d-3, hell we cam beat those schools
    [/quote]

Saying we should be D3 means this is not a serious post.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: LU to Sunbelt??

[quote author=Carl101559 link=topic=37706.msg1#msg1 date=1351981223]
    [/quote]

Oh, lord. Here comes another one.... <eyeroll>

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think that was an incredibly ignorant comment. I honestly don't think people realize how much goes into being in an FBS conference. I think we have the money, Facilities, and Fan support but we aren't competitive in FCS right now. Unless Sam/Mcneese/SFA all make a move for FBS then I think our best bet is to stay where we are and build the program. If we were in Sam's position with our money then I'd say yes let's make that move but we are just simply not ready.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

LU does not have the market size or the Alamo Dome to play in but otherwise Lamar is overall atheletically equal to or stronger than UTSA so if they are able to move up and let the football program develop so is Lamar. The same thing goes for UTA.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Those are two huge factors man. UTSA went from being unexsistent to CUSA in what 2 or 3 years? They have something we don't obviously and I don't understand why anyone would want UTA but hey it is what it is jack!
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The main point that has been made is that LU will not get to pick when it gets the invite. When it comes, it must be accepted. Otherwise, an inherent decision will have been made to stay FCS for the long term.

I agree, we might as well get blown out at the FBS level. This move is NOT just about football anyway. We have a MBB coach that is way bigger than the SOuthland. DO we want to keep him? THis is why you move to a bigger conference. Football follows along, and will hopefully gain traction at some point.

Seriously admins, would it be that bad to just ban nickels and cougar king? I like reading posts from other school's fans, but these two are intent on ruining the board.

CardAmbassador

They're both very clearly biased and are normally just trolling to make people angry. I just ignore them the few times I even bother to read what they wrote.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37706.msg46362#msg46362 date=1352574433]
    They're both very clearly biased and are normally just trolling to make people angry. I just ignore them the few times I even bother to read what they wrote.
    [/quote]

Explain how you ignore something you read...
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

When do u think we will hear new on sunbelt expansion