LU to Sunbelt??

Mike

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to LU football commit Zach Stuart it's a done deal.

LINK: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/oct/04/west-linebacker-zach-stuart-commits-to-lamar/

I really hope this is true!!

probably not but I find it strange that a football commit just throws it out there like its done. We're checking into it but I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it.

:)

I am with you. I was thinking the same thing. The article seem bogus to me. I do have to say that the writer seemed very knowledgeable of LU. Even saying we run a 3-4 defense.

So because he knows what your base defense is, he knows the future conference deals?

Obviously the kid was told this to persuade him to commit. It shows lack of integrity when it comes to recruiting, if anything.

I am with you. I was thinking the same thing. The article seem bogus to me. I do have to say that the writer seemed very knowledgeable of LU. Even saying we run a 3-4 defense.

So because he knows what your base defense is, he knows the future conference deals?

Obviously the kid was told this to persuade him to commit. It shows lack of integrity when it comes to recruiting, if anything.

That is a big jump to conclusion about integrity because the article could be total BS. And he said more than that about LU if you read the article not that it really matters. Because you are going to think what you think cause you are a tool. And LU = Evil

Don't sh!t your pants and feel left out nickels. A friend tells me Benson recently spoke to SHSU as well.

:)

I got word from two different sources tonight on this matter......neither had any knowledge of it. One I feel would tell me if it was happening, the other might try to keep it from being public. My opinion is that it is NOT happening. Although I think we all wish it would.

hope it happens.long term lamar is better off in the belt than slc.would you rather see lamar vs troy-south alabama-wku-ul-l or lamar vs nichols-incarnate word-southeast la?not knocking those schools but attendance wise its a no brainer.im happy in the slc but you always have to try and improve your situation.

My recollection is that we left on good terms.

In the eight years we were members, we had two conference Baseball tournament championships and with one regular season baseball championship, one Women's Basketball conference championship and Elite 8 appearance (stripped because of NCAA violations), four Women's Golf championships, and two Volleyball championships.

Men's basketball averaged around 15 total wins a year. Just eyeballing, basketball attendance averaged around 3,250 per game with highs of 8,033 in 1992-93, 8,454 in 1995-96. In our last year in the confererence, 1997-98, we averaged 4,442 per game and a high of 7,584. Looks like even with a so-so record, fan support was still there.

For Nickels, the lowest average attendance since 1984-85 was 1,629 in 1989-90, Tony Branch's last year. High that year was 2,932. Attendance was low that year, but I don't see any way for all those 300 - 500 attendance games that Nickels recalls even during that year.

Are you serious lu cards?? We just wasted 1.5 mil in tax payer money on a bankrupt airline who misses the majority of their flights....

Is it that much in tax payer money? Per the article city, county and businesses worked together. I would assume some of the guarantee would be shared by the local companies. In the old days Eastern Airlines flew from the airport to the east coast. One big reason was Mobil. There is a business reason to have reasonable airport connections.

"County leaders including County Judge Jeff Branick began talking with American Airlines and working with city and county governments and companies to build a revenue guarantee of $1.5 million to $2 million to lure American to the area. They were able to raise the $1.5 million."

Might be a good investment or an investment to hold someone here since Continental moved out in June. Ease of travel is one of the things corporations look at when analyzing possible locations.

Sounds like a common practice to work guarantee deals.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/05/airline-revenue-guarantee/171986/1

Are you serious lu cards?? We just wasted 1.5 mil in tax payer money on a bankrupt airline who misses the majority of their flights....

More like $900K from public entities went towards the fund. I don't think this has much impact on Lamar's chances of going to the Sun Belt but it can't hurt.

Link: http://theexaminer.com/stories/news/you-can-get-there-here

Guest NorthoftheBorder

More like $900K from public entities went towards the fund. I don't think this has much impact on Lamar's chances of going to the Sun Belt but it can't hurt.

I think this is great and it is a beneficial selling point!! But hey, when we expand PU to 60K and Notre Dame comes in for a home game, they can always fly their charter into SE Texas Regional!!! ;)

not aware of the politics it took to get air service back to jack brooks but dont see where it hurts to have a regional airport 5 minutes from campus.with a daily flights to and from dfw.

I think this is great and it is a beneficial selling point!! But hey, when we expand PU to 60K and Notre Dame comes in for a home game, they can always fly their charter into SE Texas Regional!!! ;)