Sam Houston State at Lamar **SHSU wins 56-7**

coachacola

Sam Houston State Bearkats at Lamar Cardinals

Saturday - October 27, 2012 - 3:00 p.m. CST

Provost Umphrey Stadium - Beaumont, Texas

Sam Houston State Bearkats (3-2) v. Lamar Football Cardinals (3-5)

Game Notes:

Lamar Notes

LU Roster

LU Info Guide

Sam Houston State Notes

Sam Houston State Roster

Coverage:

GameTracker

Cardinals on Demand

KVLI AM 560

TV: SLC TV and ESPN3

Ticket Info:

Tickets

# Tags

#LamarUFootball

#bigredinsider

BRI Links:

Game Prediction Thread

Video:

Game Preview

Nothing to complain about? How about the awesome attendance? How about going for it on 4th and 2 on our own 47? Defense is playing well but Woodard is not giving them a chance.

My thoughts exactly. Defense is playing their tails off. O-line is doing better...but go for it on 4 & 2 in your own territory, fumble inside your own red zone...You just can't do that and win against the #5 team in the nation.

Seeing the body language of our team leaving the field for the half flat out disgusted me.

Nothing to complain about? How about the awesome attendance? How about going for it on 4th and 2 on our own 47? Defense is playing well but Woodard is not giving them a chance.

My thoughts exactly. Defense is playing their tails off. O-line is doing better...but go for it on 4 & 2 in your own territory, fumble inside your own red zone...You just can't do that and win against the #5 team in the nation.

Seeing the body language of our team leaving the field for the half flat out disgusted me.

That quick strike after the fumble had to be deflating. What I don't understand is why they try to shoot it down field with 8 seconds left, but then just run off the last second.

Give it away Give it away Give it away now.

I hope Sam's not patting themselves too hard on the back as we are giving this game to them.

Int, Fumble, Fumble, Missed FG... Good Golly Miss Molly.

Giving you the game? Cards have 10 rushing yards and 96 passing yards. The D is doing their job, they deserve to be patted on the back

Now the game is getting out of hand. 35-0. LU has ZERO rushing yards for the game!

Where are you getting live stats, ESPN has no updated box score

I use GameTracker, there's a link at the start of the thread.

Thanks. We have one from GoBearkats but it's not great

How was the crowd? I saw the picture at the beginning of the game. Did anymore people come in from tailgating.

It got better, but not by much. I tried to catch a screen shot when they showed the crowd, but there was never a good shot. I would say the side that the camera was point to got up to about 1/4 full in total, but then thinned out after half time.

I think Woodard is killing us. With a larger stadium and a good team we could easily pull in 20K a game but with this team we are going to continue to struggle. I am still impressed with how much attendance we are able to have at a game when we are playing like this. Imagine if we were actually good.

a-nothing to complain about? what offense do you watch? 190 yds total! i got an idea..lets run it for another flipping yard...throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 5..

b-20k stadium? what the hell for? season ticket holders are bailing right and left..they are gonna have to offer free beer and show another game on the big screen for nicholls to get over 5k

c-the defense sucked for 2/3 of the game--gave up over 500 yds? (oh but the turnovers,blah blah blah..take of the cardinal colored glasses and see it for what it was,...another beatdown)

d-Woodard is an idiot

e-the crowd sucked

f-Woodard sucks

g-students? shit..about 100

JJWoot...you see now why i miss the idiot dim whitten?

JJWoot...you see now why i miss the idiot dim whitten?

According to your brethren, I'm just being a dick.

I said it on the KFs thread, and I'll say it here, there were some very interesting coaching calls. I was surprised Lamar came out with so many running plays when the run wasn't there after the first play. The one that really stood out was right before the second half. With aout 20 seconds left, Lamar goes for a deep ball, then with 8 seconds, they go deep again. For some reason, with 1 second left, they just run off the clock. If that was the gameplay, why not just run it off with 20 seconds left?