no more 3pm games !!!!

lu cards

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your a transfer who left UNT because you couldn't make the team or you just got home sick or most likely failed out. I see that you weren't recruited by anyone out of high school not even our crappy school of Lamar and P.S. I guarantee if Lamar had offered you..you'd be here so shut your dang mouth and stay off the board before I release you name and embarrass the crap out of you. Wannabe. You give real walk-on's a bad name.

So your a transfer who left UNT because you couldn't make the team or you just got home sick or most likely failed out. I see that you weren't recruited by anyone out of high school not even our crappy school of Lamar and P.S. I guarantee if Lamar had offered you..you'd be here so shut your dang mouth and stay off the board before I release you name and embarrass the crap out of you. Wannabe. You give real walk-on's a bad name.

:(

Cougar king, before you start talkin noise,i have been there and done that. Sounds like you got your panties a little twisted. I turned down the only school that I guess would allow you to walk on. Oh yeah, I knew it was one of those San Antonio powerhouses that kicked U of H's ass. I stand corrected. Since you don't play for them, I will show respect for the players and athletes that do. And, lil fella, I'm sure you used your fingers and toes to count the 200 Rice fans. I also don't live in the golden triangle area, I grew up in Houston and now live in the Woodlands. Although, I work in Houston. Before you rig up that next shot of testosterone, remember lil fella, it's okay to be nice and polite. Nobody got on U of H's fan site talking noise from BRI, you don't need to either. Good luck with that walk on deal. I m sure you will be on the field soon. LOL...

Sorry, Cougar King, your attendance sell out figures were wrong and you forgot to address that. The fact is, U of H has been always been a commuter school. Couldn't come close to a sell out at the dome with a Heisman trophy winner and a big offense. Having problems with a 30 k Robertson stadium in the 4th largest city in the country. LU is having problems today, but UH has been having them for a long time. There was a reason UH didn't get a legit invite when the SWC disbanded. You can dream about walking on, but until you get on the field

where the players are at, you are the retarded one. If you ever get on the field, maybe you can be like Rudy for Notre Dame. Good luck lil fella. LOL

Sorry, Cougar King, your attendance sell out figures were wrong and you forgot to address that. The fact is, U of H has been always been a commuter school. Couldn't come close to a sell out at the dome with a Heisman trophy winner and a big offense. Having problems with a 30 k Robertson stadium in the 4th largest city in the country. LU is having problems today, but UH has been having them for a long time. There was a reason UH didn't get a legit invite when the SWC disbanded. You can dream about walking on, but until you get on the field

where the players are at, you are the retarded one. If you ever get on the field, maybe you can be like Rudy for Notre Dame. Good luck lil fella. LOL

If we were having problems with a 30k stadium, we wouldn't be building a 40-45k one. You need to think before you talk.

If we were having problems with a 30k stadium, we wouldn't be building a 40-45k one. You need to think before you talk.

Looks like the first phase will have 30,000 seat capacity based on the UH Regents recent approval. That would be close to what the Coogs currently draw (27,900 average this season per NCAA Statistics). Robertson's official capacity is currently 32,000 so it looks like phase one actually decreases capacity. At the end of 2014, capacity will be at 40,000 per the linked article below.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/UH-regents-approve-financing-for-new-football-3790786.php

Current attendance vs new stadium capacity don't necessarily directly correlate. For example, it looks like CSU is moving forward with a new 42,000 capacity on campus stadium ($250,000,000.00). CSU is averaging 22,000 this year.

http://www.colostate.edu/stadium/

To get back on topic ....

I agree with the topic title, NO MORE 3PM GAMES. I hope the Athletic Department moves the games to the 7:00 pm kickoff times. 3PM looks like it does not work here.

Its not the time, its the talent. By the third quarter half the crowd was gone, by the 4th quarter it reminded me of why we did away with football it was a ghost town. Lamar an Houston have one main thing in common, they are both commuter schools. Ive been to both and neither school supports a loser, improve Lamar's competitiveness and fans will support them more, the three year trial ends this year, will people continue to go, i myself am debating, they are boring

Folks leaving early is another good topic, but I'd like us to do what we can to get as many fans in the stands as we can for at least part of the game. I think the way the season is going accounts for non sellout crowds, but start time does appear to make a difference. There's no reason we should be drawing more for games against DII / NAIA teams than we do playing DI FCS teams. We have the same players when we play DII / NAIA as we do when we are playing FCS teams.

We had 12,383 for the Langston game (7:00 pm start) vs 9,042 for the SHSU game (3:00 pm start). We had 13,452 for the McMurry game (7:00 pm). For the McMurry game, I can understand a little bump for homecoming, but seems to me that there would be some drop off playing a team transitioning to DII.

I think you have to elude to what the previous poster said. People want to see a winner or at-least a competitive game. The people of southeast Texas are hardworking people who(for the most part) have generally attended Lamar or grew up around Lamar athletics. I think it pains them to see the state of the current program because at one time there was enough talent at Lamar to beat SWC schools but the times have changed and so to have the expectations but I firmly believe that if we put a more competitive team on the field we will see a drastic spike in attendance. Just my thoughts they may be a little off base.

I agree with what Redrain07 and Carl101559 pointed out. I just think there are several factors in play. I think game time is one of them.

I am actually one of those that grew up around Lamar athletics and graduated from Lamar. My mom and dad moved to Beaumont when I was 6 weeks old. I had a little over a 40 year run from the time we moved to the area until I was transferred away. Daughter started going to Lamar games as soon as the doctor allowed it (like 5-6 weeks old). :) We had season tickets to football and basketball from the time I started at LU until I was transferred. We got season football tickets after the program was restarted. Still working on the wife to at least make the weekend basketball games. Living almost 2 hours away makes it a little difficult to make every one of them like we were able to when we still lived in the area. :)

I'm not worried about folks like most of the fans on this board. We're going to support the programs. I do think we need to make it more appealing or easier for the newer fans to make the games. Understanding conflicts like youth soccer leagues and other things is part of it. For example, my sister has four of her grandchildren playing youth soccer at the Cris Quinn Memorial Soccer Complex in west Beaumont at various times almost every Saturday during football season. As other posters pointed out, a mid afternoon kickoff makes families like those of my sister's son and daughter decide what is more important. In their case, youth soccer is winning out. I've been working on my nephew because I think the LU games would be good experience for his family. In discussions with him, I find a lot of Saturday roadblocks though when promoting the football games. (They did make some of the night games and had a good experience.)

7:00 pm kickoffs have their own issues like maybe being too late for some of the youngsters, but it just seems like there are less conflicts ... plus I personally like the night games. :)

I like the night games as well. I was at my daughter's softball games Saturday otherwise I definitely wouldn't have missed the last home game. In addition to kids softball, soccer, and football I think there were some charity walk/run events that are important. Also, is the low student daytime turnout due to work conflicts etc.?