Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: no more 3pm games !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: no more 3pm games !!!!

[quote author=LUSportsFan link=topic=37718.msg45907#msg45907 date=1351650075]

2002 4-7
    2003 2-9
    2004 11-3 (Dustin Long year)
    2005 3-7
    2006 6-5
    2007 7-4 (Rhett Bomar - 9 games)
    2008 4-6 (Rhett Bomar)

2009 5-6
    2019 6-5 (Willie Fritz's first year)

Not trying to sugarcoat anything about our program, but things have definitely not always been smelling like roses in Huntsville.
    [/quote]

Those bolded years were the Todd Whitten years, and I think you guys got a first hand look at how he WRECKED our program, not even from a winning side, but fan base, financial support, stadium upgrades, etc.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think the fans have spoken about their preference of starting times. Same thing happened with Basketball attendance with the afternoon starts last season.

PVAMU - 15,367
    Langston - 12,383
    SELA - 8,426 (3:00 pm)
    McMurray - 13,452 (Homecoming)
    SHSU - 9,042 (3:00 pm)
    Nicholls - ???? (3:00 pm) Wonder if it is too late to move it back to 7:00 pm.

I thought SELA was down because of the weather forecast, but I no longer think that was a primary factor after this weekend's attendance.

Basketball moved back to night games (except for one game). Hopefully, football will do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37718.msg45913#msg45913 date=1351655532]
    For a guy who talks about all these sell outs, I see yall sold out your first game when UTSA kicked your ass, and then the Rice game which Im sure was because of the Rice crowd. I see a 27 k and two 25 k crowds for this year. Your school is just a stepping stone for the big schools as indicated by your last two head coaches. I also looked at the roster and did not see any Westbrook players...are you really a walk on or is that just what you tell people so they will take you serious. Either way, it does not appear to working out on either end. The non roster spot on the team or the flak on BRI. Im sure A&M and UT have fan sights you can get on and talk about your sell outs and education standards. Well...lets face it, we know you won't do that...well because they would laugh at you. Much the way we are laughing at the little guy trying to be a big man on the computer. Maybe on your next post, you can drop a name or two of a UH player that you got to meet or shake hands. Then you can tell us what good buddies yall are. Keep working out and maybe just maybe, they will give you number 99 along with the fifty other 99's that get to suit up at home games. GOOD LUCK LIL FELLA
    [/quote]

You have to be the most retarded person on this site. My eyes are bleeding from reading that garbage.

1. We lost to Texas State, not UTSA. Our OC was fired immediately after the game. Save for UCLA, we have not scored under 35 ever since. On top of which, everybody we played in C-USA so far, other than SMU have all been blown out by halftime.

2. I just transferred to UH, I haven't walked on yet.

3. You obviously never have been outside of SETX, because if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Rice does not bring any fans to their games. They brought literally 200 people to Reliant, the other 30,000 were decked out in red.

4. Nobody on here is laughing because they KNOW LU does not belong on the same field as UH. Plus, us playing Lamar will be like punching a baby.

5. Stepping stone or not, it just shows that we have quality coaching here at UH. Lamar has a mediocre coach who hasn't accomplished anything and what happens? Oh that's right, he gets an extension. No local recruit with a decent offer wants to come to LU. Hence why I didn't try to walk-on there.

Do your research before you try to talk smack.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Look, LITTLE FELLA brain freeze is mad. Yep he's mad. You got under his skin, 17. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Its ok little fella. If you ever get a chance to walk on, you'll finally get to have your own "RUDY" moment. That would be hilarious! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i see now..Brain Freeze hates LU because????

they didnt offer him a football scholarship....and he's an xbox all star!

coogar hi..hahhahhahahhaha

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37718.msg45941#msg45941 date=1351701817]
    i see now..Brain Freeze hates LU because????

they didnt offer him a football scholarship....and he's an xbox all star!

coogar hi..hahhahhahahhaha
    [/quote]

I didn't even apply to Lamar lol. Tell me about some recruits who chose Lamar over a decent D1 offer. (Oh wait, you can't.)

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

so, ..you've gone from waterboy to walk-on to a D1 recruit? all in a week?

Brain Freeze..living the dream..thru Xbox

cooger hi...hahhahahhahhahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37718.msg45953#msg45953 date=1351715430]
    so, ..you've gone from waterboy to walk-on to a D1 recruit? all in a week?

Brain Freeze..living the dream..thru Xbox

cooger hi...hahhahahhahhahaha
    [/quote]

What's wrong? Can't name me any players that chose Lamar over another legit D1 offer?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

So your a transfer who left UNT because you couldn't make the team or you just got home sick or most likely failed out. I see that you weren't recruited by anyone out of high school not even our crappy school of Lamar and P.S. I guarantee if Lamar had offered you..you'd be here so shut your dang mouth and stay off the board before I release you name and embarrass the crap out of you. Wannabe. You give real walk-on's a bad name.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Redrain07 link=topic=37718.msg45958#msg45958 date=1351718712]
    So your a transfer who left UNT because you couldn't make the team or you just got home sick or most likely failed out. I see that you weren't recruited by anyone out of high school not even our crappy school of Lamar and P.S. I guarantee if Lamar had offered you..you'd be here so shut your dang mouth and stay off the board before I release you name and embarrass the crap out of you. Wannabe. You give real walk-on's a bad name.
    [/quote]

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Dude I tried to be nice but all your going to do is down Lamar then why post here? We are having a crappy season and we don't need you to remind us we suck. It would be different if your school was even in our conference.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

hargis, augustine and nelson ..i aint gonna go thru the whole roster for ya...

waterboy

cooguh hi...hahhhahhaha

LU 17

Cougar king, before you start talkin noise,i have been there and done that. Sounds like you got your panties a little twisted. I turned down the only school that I guess would allow you to walk on. Oh yeah, I knew it was one of those San Antonio powerhouses that kicked U of H's ass. I stand corrected. Since you don't play for them, I will show respect for the players and athletes that do. And, lil fella, I'm sure you used your fingers and toes to count the 200 Rice fans. I also don't live in the golden triangle area, I grew up in Houston and now live in the Woodlands. Although, I work in Houston. Before you rig up that next shot of testosterone, remember lil fella, it's okay to be nice and polite. Nobody got on U of H's fan site talking noise from BRI, you don't need to either. Good luck with that walk on deal. I m sure you will be on the field soon. LOL...

LU 17

Sorry, Cougar King, your attendance sell out figures were wrong and you forgot to address that. The fact is, U of H has been always been a commuter school. Couldn't come close to a sell out at the dome with a Heisman trophy winner and a big offense. Having problems with a 30 k Robertson stadium in the 4th largest city in the country. LU is having problems today, but UH has been having them for a long time. There was a reason UH didn't get a legit invite when the SWC disbanded. You can dream about walking on, but until you get on the field
    where the players are at, you are the retarded one. If you ever get on the field, maybe you can be like Rudy for Notre Dame. Good luck lil fella. LOL