Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hershal turns in pads??

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Hershal turns in pads??

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37724.msg45915#msg45915 date=1351656540]
    [quote author=LamarKA1865 link=topic=37724.msg45914#msg45914 date=1351655894]
    Really hope this doesnt spark a wildfire of players leaving. Hopefully a guy like KJ realizes he can dominate FCS and this is his best chance at the league
    [/quote]

Hahaha
    [/quote]

I dont see what's so funny about that. You think our team is bad now? When the ball is in his hands KJ is by far our best offensive player. Herchel could talk him into leaving also. And team records dont put players into the NFL, dominate numbers do. He got buried on the DC at a BCS, so his best chance is at the FCS level.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37724.msg45920#msg45920 date=1351658614]
    Well not really that disappointed that he is leaving, but hey, we at least gave you a place to play and train for a few months, seems really lame to bail in the middle of the season.

Why did we give Woodard a contract extension again? This team is NOT headed in the right direction, don't think Sims would be leaving if it were.

Its sad to see that the administration goof this one up so badly.
    [/quote]
    Odds are he is leaving for an FBS school. He figures if he gets hurt this season no school will be interested. I'm sure his knee bruise scared him. People think that you have to go to an FBS school to get into the NFL. The truth is if you have the tallent the NFL will find you. Jackson is with the Falcons now and he spent his time in a start-up fcs program.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Birdseye link=topic=37724.msg45929#msg45929 date=1351694956]
    [quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37724.msg45920#msg45920 date=1351658614]
    Well not really that disappointed that he is leaving, but hey, we at least gave you a place to play and train for a few months, seems really lame to bail in the middle of the season.

Why did we give Woodard a contract extension again? This team is NOT headed in the right direction, don't think Sims would be leaving if it were.

Its sad to see that the administration goof this one up so badly.
    [/quote]
    Odds are he is leaving for an FBS school. He figures if he gets hurt this season no school will be interested. I'm sure his knee bruise scared him. People think that you have to go to an FBS school to get into the NFL. The truth is if you have the tallent the NFL will find you. Jackson is with the Falcons now and he spent his time in a start-up fcs program.
    [/quote]

Honestly, I bet he heads to ACU. He's from Abilene right? They're about to move up to FCS level starting next year and will most likely have a competitive team. He can redshirt next year while they go through their growing pains, and that will leave him with 2 seasons of eligibility at the DI level.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I was thinking ACU also. Just a guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

In the beginning I for one never thought of him as anything other than a transfer that had 2 pending felony charges. Then once the season started I thought of him as a transfer with 2 pending felony charges that could not move the ball. He made no major plays.
    In my opinion Woodard got a dose of his own medicine. He has shown no loyality to the guys that chose to play and to stay at Lamar. He has allowed front runners to be moved to 3rd even 4th on the deepth chart so that his prize recruits could come in. Now Sims has turned it around on him showing him no loyality. Must sting.... but, I am sure there are several players on the team that have felt the same way!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Kevin Johnson the "best" offensive player? Seriously? Lamar has a lot of talented WRs Franks, Ford, Hildreth (injured) and, once again SPARKS... still don't understand why that kid is on the bench and not out making plays!!! For a player that showed such promise it makes no sense to me. I wonder if he is rethinking his decision to stay?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Hershal turns in pads??

[quote author=Lamarcard81 link=topic=37724.msg1#msg1 date=1351697008]
    I was thinking ACU also. Just a guess.
    [/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I have heard Baylor and Tulsa mentioned as places he is looking at.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=red rover link=topic=37724.msg45947#msg45947 date=1351710459]
    I have heard Baylor and Tulsa mentioned as places he is looking at.
    [/quote]

I think he wanted to go Baylor before coming to Lamar. Unlike Johnson and Okafor, he didn't leave OSU voluntarily. Looks like the posters on here that didn't like Sims wearing orange after he got hurt a few weeks ago were right to question that.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't want him playing for Baylor. I know they went after him pretty hard in high school but if the kid can't move the ball on the FCS level what is he going to do against OU, UT, TT etc. I get we have our problems but if Baylor allows this kid to transfer I'm washing my hands of Baylor. That's how much this kid turning his back on Lamar ticks me off.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I could honestly give a crap less where he ends up. He came here with baggage, the program and most us were willing to look past it... then he pulls this punk move. His tweets, his quitting, and the crime he IS convicted of all point to someone that is selfish and to use his own words "..do what's best for HERSHEL."

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Let's move on. He is no longer worth any of our attention or time.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Agreed
    Sigma NU -LTH

Cardinalrule

[quote author=BigNasty92 link=topic=37724.msg45963#msg45963 date=1351719907]
    I could honestly give a crap less where he ends up. He came here with baggage, the program and most us were willing to look past it... then he pulls this punk move. His tweets, his quitting, and the crime he IS convicted of all point to someone that is selfish and to use his own words "..do what's best for HERSHEL."

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Let's move on. He is no longer worth any of our attention or time.
    [/quote]

Excellent post!! I agree 100%!!!!!!

Cardinalrule

[quote author=LamarKA1865 link=topic=37724.msg45926#msg45926 date=1351690107]
    [quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37724.msg45915#msg45915 date=1351656540]
    [quote author=LamarKA1865 link=topic=37724.msg45914#msg45914 date=1351655894]
    Really hope this doesnt spark a wildfire of players leaving. Hopefully a guy like KJ realizes he can dominate FCS and this is his best chance at the league
    [/quote]

Hahaha
    [/quote]

I dont see what's so funny about that. You think our team is bad now? When the ball is in his hands KJ is by far our best offensive player. Herchel could talk him into leaving also. And team records dont put players into the NFL, dominate numbers do. He got buried on the DC at a BCS, so his best chance is at the FCS level.
    [/quote]

Ok, he is 4th string at Oklahoma State so he is NFL caliber? He has yet to prove that he can get open at all against an FBS or FCS cornerback. But, he is NFL caliber? Please. He is a very good kick off returner. And a slightly better than average FCS wide receiver. He is nowhere close to JJ Hayes and Hayes didn't even get drafted. If he has the same attitude/character as Sims then I honestly don't care if he leaves. I'd prefer we play high character kids that want to be here and that will put out 100% all of the time. If KJ fits that mold then great.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=justwinbaby06 link=topic=37724.msg45936#msg45936 date=1351697951]
    In the beginning I for one never thought of him as anything other than a transfer that had 2 pending felony charges. Then once the season started I thought of him as a transfer with 2 pending felony charges that could not move the ball. He made no major plays.
    In my opinion Woodard got a dose of his own medicine. He has shown no loyality to the guys that chose to play and to stay at Lamar. He has allowed front runners to be moved to 3rd even 4th on the deepth chart so that his prize recruits could come in. Now Sims has turned it around on him showing him no loyality. Must sting.... but, I am sure there are several players on the team that have felt the same way!
    [/quote]

I agree. Well said!