Official Lamar at SFA Game Thread ** SFA wins 40-26 **

coachacola

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cardinalrule

I feel like everyone playing is playing half-assed. Not a lot to play for.

Joe Minden has been in at QB for SFA in the 2nd half. Did Attaway get hurt?

Nah, just his normal 2-3 picks. A lot of his other passes were off all night. Might as well get the younger guy some decent snaps. He may be better anyway.

I thought attaway was the guy that destroyed us last year and thecyear before?

He was last year. Moses was the year before.

Oh that's right, I forgot about Moses. Did he getva shot in the NFL?

Guest Cardinalrule
Shit, sacked and fumbled on 4th down. Oh well, at least the coaches finally grew a pair in the second half. Sounds like Moss earned the job back. I think he has the talent but he just needs to get his head right, play tough, and believe in himself. Most importantly to me, I would like to see him step up, play TOUGH, and become a leader of the offense.

I watched the game on the SFA athletics website. The most exciting game I've watched the Cards play this year. KJ and Franks could not be stopped on kickoff returns. They both looked like roadrunners returning kicks. We had great beginning field position on alot of our possessions. That was a nice change. When Mossakowski came in for the second half, it was like a different team out there. They came to life bigtime. For those of you that question Moss' arm strength, he can go long pretty well. Just ask Jordan Edwards. And Edwards can flat fly. After watching him last night, IMO he moved to the front of the WR class. He caught everything that came his way. Offensive line did ok, but still buckled. On Moss' last sack, he never knew what hit him. They were on him like stink on blood bait. Seemed like the O-line was worn out there at the end. The SFA announcers were saying that the reason the Jacks starting QB was pulled was because of three interceptions. To me, the backup looked every bit as good as Attaway(which was just fair). Judging by all the score predictions on this sight, the defense played above and beyond by holding SFA to 40. One more thing, if Harris sticks around, he's going to be one helluva Card RB for the next few years.

Guest Cardinalrule

I watched the game on the SFA athletics website. The most exciting game I've watched the Cards play this year. KJ and Franks could not be stopped on kickoff returns. They both looked like roadrunners returning kicks. We had great beginning field position on alot of our possessions. That was a nice change. When Mossakowski came in for the second half, it was like a different team out there. They came to life bigtime. For those of you that question Moss' arm strength, he can go long pretty well. Just ask Jordan Edwards. And Edwards can flat fly. After watching him last night, IMO he moved to the front of the WR class. He caught everything that came his way. Offensive line did ok, but still buckled. On Moss' last sack, he never knew what hit him. They were on him like stink on blood bait. Seemed like the O-line was worn out there at the end. The SFA announcers were saying that the reason the Jacks starting QB was pulled was because of three interceptions. To me, the backup looked every bit as good as Attaway(which was just fair). Judging by all the score predictions on this sight, the defense played above and beyond by holding SFA to 40. One more thing, if Harris sticks around, he's going to be one helluva Card RB for the next few years.

And we let them only run 107 plays!

I wonder if Moss would have started the game that they would have scored some TDs instead of settling for some FGs. Lamar had control of the game in the 1st quarter, but since SFA can score points in bunches they were able to take the big lead in the second.

The long kickoff returns and INTs kept Lamar in the game. Also, SFA had to settle for four FGs, in the past those would have been TDs. You have to give the Lamar defense credit for that. Since SFA runs the no huddle offense they will get off a lot of plays, but would who have thought Lamar would only lose by 2 TDs while giving up over 500 yards to SFA?

Now about scoring 26 points against SFA, was this due mainly to their defense, or maybe the late start? The do have a decent defense but have been giving up 33 points a game in conference. Or maybe the combination of Moss playing and Sims leaving sparked the offense.

As others have pointed out, Lamar seemed too focused on the running game. Maybe that was because Moss was hurt and they thought Sims would be a dominate force? Let's hope for another big offensive game against Nicholls and then see what happens against McNeese.