Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

This guy is a senior with 3 games left and he quits. Also rumors of upper class men telling the young guys to get out while they can...not good!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

you dont quit when things get tough, seems like the easy thing to do now days. I just hope some of the upper classmen that really care , encourage the younger player to sick it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Another one of those over rated FBS transfers. Dude always looks lost. Encourage the younger players to get out? Where? McDonalds? Most of em, this was the only offer.

FBS teams get rid of these kinda guys for a reason.....got no heart

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We it seems the team is going to purge itself of unneeded components.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

[quote author=Redrain07 link=topic=37739.msg1#msg1 date=1352092399]
    We it seems the team is going to purge itself of unneeded components.
    [/quote]

No joke. Struggling teams do not need cancers. It's contagious and those guys should have been gone a long time ago. Just pathetic.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Guys, take it easy on the kids. I do not think it is the players that need to be purged.

eagle eye

+1

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm assuming the answer to this is a no, but when a player on scholorship quits midseason and says they are going to finish the semester, do they have to pay any of that scholorship money back?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

They probably get to finish the semester for free. Meanwhile in the real world most of my friends,fraternity brothers, and myself included have student loan debt. Plus have to work a job to play for a crappy apartment. These guys need to stop looking at how bad their situation and realize it could be much worse for them. A free education while playing the game your supposed to love is a ticket to a better life.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

ive definetly had a change of heart when it comes to transfers.i understood the need to take transfers the first couple of years to ger the program started but at this point we need to be very picky on who we bring in.im not talking about juco transfers weve had good luck with them but rather guys coming from fbs.i admit i had the mindset that you take all the fbs guys you can get but not anymore.get the best kids you can from highschool,fill in the holes with juco's and maybe take a chance or 2 on a transfer.weve had a few work out like jacoby coleman but most have been big dissapointments.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=37739.msg1#msg1 date=1352135010]
    ive definetly had a change of heart when it comes to transfers.i understood the need to take transfers the first couple of years to ger the program started but at this point we need to be very picky on who we bring in.im not talking about juco transfers weve had good luck with them but rather guys coming from fbs.i admit i had the mindset that you take all the fbs guys you can get but not anymore.get the best kids you can from highschool,fill in the holes with juco's and maybe take a chance or 2 on a transfer.weve had a few work out like jacoby coleman but most have been big dissapointments.
    [/quote]

I'm starting to feel the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Same here.
    Sigma NU -LTH

eagle eye

I agree you need to be careful when you recruit but why are even flawed blue chip players itching to get out? Do they know something we only suspect? People on this site are dogging out Coach Woodard and Coach Kueck but then turn around dog out guys who maybe see the same things we think we do. Is it character flaws or is it knowing when to leave a dead ship? Could it be the coaching AND the players are bad? Seems unlikely. Without being in the locker room or the practice field or the weight room we just can't say for sure. Something smells fishy but it's hard to put a finger on.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

So far we know that Sims has left and he really didn't want to be at Lamar. From what I read KJ and Okafor talked him into coming here after OSU kicked him off the team. Then Sims quits after he takes care of his legal problems and he gets injured. Sounds like he wants to get back to a BCS program.

Blake Chavis leaving is only a rumor but he didn't play against SFA, instead Lamar only started 3 LBs and 5 DBs, probably to defend against their passing attack. Chavis first signed with A&M but didn't go there and played for Woodard at Navarro instead. Then he signed with Arkansas State, but didn't play there either for whatever reason so he comes to Lamar to play for Woodard. All the rumors have been that the offensive players don't like Kueck. Chavis plays defense and has a history with Woodard. Why would he quit now with 2 games left? Sims name was taken off the roster as soon as it was announced he left the team, Blake Chavis is still listed on the roster.

If Chavis has turned in his pads why haven't we heard about it? What about all the other players that were supposedly quitting? Hasn't only Sims quit this season?

Cardinalrule

[quote author=eagle eye link=topic=37739.msg46250#msg46250 date=1352139671]
    I agree you need to be careful when you recruit but why are even flawed blue chip players itching to get out? Do they know something we only suspect? People on this site are dogging out Coach Woodard and Coach Kueck but then turn around dog out guys who maybe see the same things we think we do. Is it character flaws or is it knowing when to leave a dead ship? Could it be the coaching AND the players are bad? Seems unlikely. Without being in the locker room or the practice field or the weight room we just can't say for sure. Something smells fishy but it's hard to put a finger on.
    [/quote]

Maybe we've been dogging the wrong people. Maybe the coaches should be getting the pass. Of course, if the rumor that he is quitting is true and if the rumor that the upper classmen are telling others to leave then we are definitely recruiting the wrong type of kids. I've never been a huge fan of these transfers but, it depends on the kid/situation. It shouldn't be very difficult at all to figure out the character of a kid. Take an hour or two and do a little digging and ask a lot of questions. Sims, a no brainer, we never should have signed the kid. I tried to convince myself it was ok but, in hindsight, it should have been an easy decision to steer away from him. As has been the case with many of the transfers we've signed. I think it is ok to give second chances but my guess with a lot of these transfers is it is probably the 8th or 9th chance if you look back at high school and then what may have happened at their respective college before they decided to transfer.