Rumor, Blake Chavis has also turned in pads???

lcard05

They probably get to finish the semester for free. Meanwhile in the real world most of my friends,fraternity brothers, and myself included have student loan debt. Plus have to work a job to play for a crappy apartment. These guys need to stop looking at how bad their situation and realize it could be much worse for them. A free education while playing the game your supposed to love is a ticket to a better life.

ive definetly had a change of heart when it comes to transfers.i understood the need to take transfers the first couple of years to ger the program started but at this point we need to be very picky on who we bring in.im not talking about juco transfers weve had good luck with them but rather guys coming from fbs.i admit i had the mindset that you take all the fbs guys you can get but not anymore.get the best kids you can from highschool,fill in the holes with juco's and maybe take a chance or 2 on a transfer.weve had a few work out like jacoby coleman but most have been big dissapointments.

ive definetly had a change of heart when it comes to transfers.i understood the need to take transfers the first couple of years to ger the program started but at this point we need to be very picky on who we bring in.im not talking about juco transfers weve had good luck with them but rather guys coming from fbs.i admit i had the mindset that you take all the fbs guys you can get but not anymore.get the best kids you can from highschool,fill in the holes with juco's and maybe take a chance or 2 on a transfer.weve had a few work out like jacoby coleman but most have been big dissapointments.

I'm starting to feel the same way.

Guest eagle eye
I agree you need to be careful when you recruit but why are even flawed blue chip players itching to get out? Do they know something we only suspect? People on this site are dogging out Coach Woodard and Coach Kueck but then turn around dog out guys who maybe see the same things we think we do. Is it character flaws or is it knowing when to leave a dead ship? Could it be the coaching AND the players are bad? Seems unlikely. Without being in the locker room or the practice field or the weight room we just can't say for sure. Something smells fishy but it's hard to put a finger on.

So far we know that Sims has left and he really didn't want to be at Lamar. From what I read KJ and Okafor talked him into coming here after OSU kicked him off the team. Then Sims quits after he takes care of his legal problems and he gets injured. Sounds like he wants to get back to a BCS program.

Blake Chavis leaving is only a rumor but he didn't play against SFA, instead Lamar only started 3 LBs and 5 DBs, probably to defend against their passing attack. Chavis first signed with A&M but didn't go there and played for Woodard at Navarro instead. Then he signed with Arkansas State, but didn't play there either for whatever reason so he comes to Lamar to play for Woodard. All the rumors have been that the offensive players don't like Kueck. Chavis plays defense and has a history with Woodard. Why would he quit now with 2 games left? Sims name was taken off the roster as soon as it was announced he left the team, Blake Chavis is still listed on the roster.

If Chavis has turned in his pads why haven't we heard about it? What about all the other players that were supposedly quitting? Hasn't only Sims quit this season?

Guest Cardinalrule

I agree you need to be careful when you recruit but why are even flawed blue chip players itching to get out? Do they know something we only suspect? People on this site are dogging out Coach Woodard and Coach Kueck but then turn around dog out guys who maybe see the same things we think we do. Is it character flaws or is it knowing when to leave a dead ship? Could it be the coaching AND the players are bad? Seems unlikely. Without being in the locker room or the practice field or the weight room we just can't say for sure. Something smells fishy but it's hard to put a finger on.

Maybe we've been dogging the wrong people. Maybe the coaches should be getting the pass. Of course, if the rumor that he is quitting is true and if the rumor that the upper classmen are telling others to leave then we are definitely recruiting the wrong type of kids. I've never been a huge fan of these transfers but, it depends on the kid/situation. It shouldn't be very difficult at all to figure out the character of a kid. Take an hour or two and do a little digging and ask a lot of questions. Sims, a no brainer, we never should have signed the kid. I tried to convince myself it was ok but, in hindsight, it should have been an easy decision to steer away from him. As has been the case with many of the transfers we've signed. I think it is ok to give second chances but my guess with a lot of these transfers is it is probably the 8th or 9th chance if you look back at high school and then what may have happened at their respective college before they decided to transfer.

Guest Cardinalrule
Oh, and these kids that quit when times are tough...they are losers and are likely a big reason why we are losing. If you commit to something you finish it and you give it 100%. They have a sweet deal playing college football. The problem is a lot of these kids have been coddled or have had zero discipline. Things get a little tough so they quit. A perennial quitter is a kid who will be a loser at life.

Oh, and these kids that quit when times are tough...they are losers and are likely a big reason why we are losing. If you commit to something you finish it and you give it 100%. They have a sweet deal playing college football. The problem is a lot of these kids have been coddled or have had zero discipline. Things get a little tough so they quit. A perennial quitter is a kid who will be a loser at life.

+1

Guest CardAmbassador

Maybe we've been dogging the wrong people. Maybe the coaches should be getting the pass. Of course, if the rumor that he is quitting is true and if the rumor that the upper classmen are telling others to leave then we are definitely recruiting the wrong type of kids. I've never been a huge fan of these transfers but, it depends on the kid/situation. It shouldn't be very difficult at all to figure out the character of a kid. Take an hour or two and do a little digging and ask a lot of questions. Sims, a no brainer, we never should have signed the kid. I tried to convince myself it was ok but, in hindsight, it should have been an easy decision to steer away from him. As has been the case with many of the transfers we've signed. I think it is ok to give second chances but my guess with a lot of these transfers is it is probably the 8th or 9th chance if you look back at high school and then what may have happened at their respective college before they decided to transfer.

This was the point I made with Oden, it was clear it wasn't a second chance we were giving him. I think second chances are fine, but once you start on the 4th and 5th, something is wrong.

Are you guys watching the games??? Our offensive scheme sucks. Did you not see the coaches give up in the Cent Ark game when they ran the ball downa couple scores with 10 min left. If you are a wide out and you came here because we ran the spread and we change oC's and run 40 times a game. I would not call him a quitter for transfering if he went to a spread team. I understand the kids that want to leave because the offense or defense doesn't fit what you do.

Are you guys watching the games??? Our offensive scheme sucks. Did you not see the coaches give up in the Cent Ark game when they ran the ball downa couple scores with 10 min left. If you are a wide out and you came here because we ran the spread and we change oC's and run 40 times a game. I would not call him a quitter for transfering if he went to a spread team. I understand the kids that want to leave because the offense or defense doesn't fit what you do.

Which player or players are you talking about that have quit because of the offense. Sims quit, but he's a running back so he should have liked the fact they were running the ball 40 times a game. Chavis is a defensive player who can't transfer because he's a senior. Why would he quit now, especially since it's the offense that seems to be the problem, not the defense.

I'm not saying that there's no problems and everybody's totally happy, but besides here, there's been no talk of players leaving. Now between the end of the season and the spring we'll see who stays or goes, but for now only Sims has quit mid-season

Since we haven't heard anything official I am going to assume the rumor is false. I listened to the whole game Saturday night and it would appear that our lack of passing attack had more to do with the qb than not wanting to put the ball in the air. Moss came in the second half and the passing game was reasonably effective and so was the running game. Dissappointing thing is still too many penalties which indicates a lack of player individual discipline.