Woodard calls out quitters after Lamar win

AggiesAreWe

It is unfortunate that Coach Woodard feels that he needs to point to the less than full stadium as fans quitting on the team. I can understand his frustration but loosing programs rarely ever pack a stadium consistently. Look at the Astros attendance now compared to the years they were competing for a playoff spot. Look at the Rockets, Rangers, Houston Cougars, University of Texas, you name a program and when they are not competing for conference championships anyone can get a ticket at face value just about anywhere in the stadium that they want to sit. A few years back I was in Wisconson on vacation and got tickets for a Brewers game 10 rows up directly behind home plate for $25 each, a few years later when they were competing for the NL Central title you couldn't have touched those seats. Provide a championship product and the stadium will be packed no matter who we are playing or what time the game is.

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like if you have a product (college football in this case), you sell it so that people want it. Criticizing your potential market seems counter-productive. There are better ways to express disappointment that don't sour folks that might be on the fence, particularly after the last home game of the season.

Guest CardAmbassador

I agree this was a bad decision by Woodard, you can't call out the fans when we had only beat 1 DI team up until this point, no one cares if we beat McMurry, DI is the only thing that counts. I think people shouldn't be so easy to give up on the team, and I would have been there if I were in the triangle, but every fan base has its hardcore fans and the people who aren't going to be there when you're rolling into week 11 with 3 wins.

This isn't the first immature statement Woodards made. I really want him to win, I do, but I just don't see leadership qualities in statements like this.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
I have said this before. I want Woodard to be succesful, but just as I have seen others say, I don't see improvement after 3 years, actually we appear to be going backwards. Woodard making these comments is to me another sign that he may not have what it takes to get the job done. I hope I am wrong, but I have real reservations at this point.

Just one gauge on how the team is progressing from RealTimeRPI.com:

Year RPI SOS Record Attendance

2012 233 230 2-7 11,1119

2011 225 168 2-7 14,442

2010 213 225 2-5 16,078

Those records are against D1 opponents only. RPI is going up while attendance is going down. Maybe they'll pull off a miracle and beat McNeese to get 3 D1 wins.