2014 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Recruits

coachacola

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Another offer by Tic Price:

Joshua E Parrott ‏@JoshuaParrott Mar 122014 Howard College G Eric Weary Jr (13 ppg/7 rpg) offered by Lamar coach Tic Price. FIU & ECU other top offers. WKU & Ole Miss involved.

I believe he originally signed with New Mexico State.

Is this one of those offer type deals like A&M does in football where they throw out more offers than they have spots and then pull the offers once they get the numbers they want or is Price indicating that two or three current players will be cut. Also any word if he has offered Bosha from HJ?

Please factor in that some students represent a coaches interest or communication as an actual offer.Most head coaches do not allow actual scholarship offers to be made until they have seen the player themselves.Some students also try to play one school against others this way. Grades,SAT's orACT's,and core course completion also play an important part in an actual offer being made.Furthermore requirements on junior college transfers have increased the GPA requirement and decreased the number of physical education courses considered.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be glad when we will be able to get back to the business at hand, news about the staff, and if there are going to be any holdovers from the previous staff staying on Coach Price!!!!!!! And then when things happen as far as the decisons that are made from either party, the coach or the player whether each one stays or goes, and then work on trying to get some guys in here that can make us better!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!

Knightman

I will be glad when we will be able to get back to the business at hand, news about the staff, and if there are going to be any holdovers from the previous staff staying on Coach Price!!!!!!! And then when things happen as far as the decisons that are made from either party, the coach or the player whether each one stays or goes, and then work on trying to get some guys in here that can make us better!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!

Knightman

Price is hiring a whole new staff. He signed a 2 year contract for $120K a year.

Bosha will be on an academic scholarship his first year so Price can sign another player.

Avi Zaleon ‏@avi_zaleon. @kendrickjohnso just got off the phone with Zjori Bosha with some important info in terms of Lamar's scholarships...

Avi Zaleon ‏@avi_zaleon...Bosha said the first season he will be on academic scholarship, which does not take up the lone scholarship spot Lamar had

Avi Zaleon ‏@avi_zaleon Bosha said that after his first year, it will switch over to a basketball scholarship. So Lamar still has an open scholly spot for next yr

what about the kid from nederland... are they having any luck getting him out of his commitment?

Why would Weisbrod want to sit two seasons to switch to LU. Inter-conference transfers usually require multiple seasons of ineligability unless something has changed??? None-the-less he'd have to sit at least one year and not sure thats in his best interest.

Price has already put one feather in his cap. Getting local talent is a nice start. Who else was after Bosha?

what about the kid from nederland... are they having any luck getting him out of his commitment?

Why would Weisbrod want to sit two seasons to switch to LU. Inter-conference transfers usually require multiple seasons of ineligability unless something has changed??? None-the-less he'd have to sit at least one year and not sure thats in his best interest.

Price has already put one feather in his cap. Getting local talent is a nice start. Who else was after Bosha?

This was a post from another site about it

He chose Lamar over mcneese, navy,, central arkansas, southern, drexel, Norwich university, university of Dallas, st katherine's university, southern baptist, west point and the university of the virgin islands among others. He received a soft offer from arkansas.

And for what it's worth I saw Weisbrod's dad wearing a UNO shirt last night...could be me reading too much into that but my initial thought was Colton probably still solid to them

I don't claim to know the NCAA rules but I had heard recently that the old trick of using academic scholarships to get an extra player wasn't allowed any more.

Not True. You go to college to get a degree. If you are smart enough to qualify for an academic scholly then the NCAA cant tell you that you can't play basketball or any other sport for that matter. And there are no roster restrictions. I guarantee you 60+% of the DI athletic rosters (not just basketball) in the NCAA are Academic subsidized. Theres just not enough athletic schollies to go around.

Academic scholarships that cover full tuition ,room,meals and books are not so plentiful and easy to qualify for that they can be counted on to augment allotted full scholarships. A controversial topic for baseball rivals of LSU has been the use of TOPS academic scholarships to augment their roster.But those scholarships are awarded by set guidelines to athletes and non athletes alike.It used to be and probably still is that a recruited student athlete who gets an academic scholarship would have to meet the same criteria for selection as other students.Without such rules the big boys could accumulate a lot more freshmen leaving less for Southland programs.Qualifying students can also receive Pell Grants that can help lower income families significantly .Typical partial scholarship sports have some variations from the rules from the full scholarship sports.

• 2 weeks later...