2014 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Recruits

coachacola

Players who have signed a LOI or have verbally committed:

Zach Hollis - 6'9" center, averaged 6 ppg and 4 rbg at Antelope Valley College

Davontae Bailey- 6'4" guard (played PG at Prime Prep), 3-star recruit by Rivals, ESPN, and Yahoo Sports

Benquan Petty- 23 ppg, 8.1 apg at Cedar Valley College

LeMon Gregory- 6'10", 255-lbs. center from Angelina College

Dontavious Sears- 6'5" shooting guard, 16.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 40% 3-pt FG% at Eastern Oklahoma State College

Zjori Bosha- 6'4" shooting guard, 25.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.8 apg, 4.0 spg, 49.3 FG%, 38 3-FG%, 77.3 FG%

Quan Jones- 6'3" PG, 41.6 FG%, 33.3 3-pt FG%, 76.2% FT%, from Connors State College

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What happen to recruit Jason Smith from Indianapolis In.?

I believe it had something to do with his grades.

I don't think it was grades, but rather some kind of problem with courses taken or not taken in HS. He went to a JUCO with the assistance of Coach Knight. Hopefully, we will see him back at LU.

• 4 months later...

I am looking forward to a couple of thing in the 2014 class, I want to see how solid of a player JC Washington is, hopefully in Cardinal colors, and the 2014 class already looks good, with Darryl Baker already slated to join us in 2014!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He is a local boy and a very good player so I'm sure there is some interest there. The bigger question is if there is mutual interest.

Lamar University is taking care of their back yards down in the Beaumont area. They were very present at Nederland's workout to observe Zach English (2013) and Colton Weisbrod (2014).

Zach English has already graduated and signed with an NAIA school out of Arkansas, (can't recall the name right now, I think John Brown), but I am not sure if he has changed his mind. He was a great high school player.

yes I agree with you, geezer!!! I believe that this is the type of young man that we have to recruit and eventually start landing in order for us to make that next step in terms of winning on a consistant basis!!!!! Because it is is just like anything else, if you keep offered these type of big men, eventually you are going to start landing some of them!!!!!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!

Knightman

• 2 weeks later...