Thread: Strength and Conditioning

bossman73

Strength and Conditioning

Where are we on this??? O-LINE needs to be benching at least 450lbs to 500lbs NOT 325lbs to 375lbs, that stinks

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Strength and Conditioning

Good Day, You are 1000 % correct I am all on board for that..

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Where are they going to come from?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

there is one red shirt benching 410,415. Dont know about the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

To have a strength and conditioning program you need a good strength coach...Lamar? NOT!!
    We have linebackers and other players that haven't gained a pound in 4 years. Our D-ends/Linebackers look like forwards on the basketball team. We are far from strong on the field. It starts in the weight room and all our guy wants to do is run them. Somebody tell him this is the football team and not track!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I heard their is some differences among a few coaches, concerning weight lifting training.

NorthoftheBorder

I saw one of the kids from my church who is a walk on at ULL as a receiver. Been in the program for 1 year and I couldn't believe the muscle mass he has put on. Didn't get to talk with him about the ULL S&C program, but from my observation it is definately working. So, either those guys are doing something that is umm, umm, maybe not on the up and up, or our program is not putting on the muscle mass that is definately achievable!!! Big difference from what I see when I look at our kids and this young man!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Comparing Lamar strength program to other D1 schools is like comparing Gold's gym to a jump rope and an ab roller.

eagle eye

At any level the teams that are at the top are the ones who are in the best shape. In the Super Bowl the commentators mentioned that the 49ers have the reputation for being the fittest team in the NFL and back to back years in the NFC championship game and a super bowl would seem to bear that out. This is a great thread and if the guys on the new Red Zone BRI radio show may want to address this topic. I think that the Cardinals failure to do more when there are other small schools that have had huge turnarounds in a shorter amount of time can be traced in large part to just this reason. Getting high school players to get to the next level of college sports has a lot to do with what happens in the gym or the training room and the track. Great post bossman73!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Don't intend to disagree that LU's S&C program should or could be better, but does anyone have any facts to back up the thread. I fully agree our players are not strong enough, but is that the S&C programs fault, the coaches fault or the players? Is this thread an outgrowth of KJ's reported comments on the program?

jlh

Does anyone have the training program for their athlete? Lamar athletes? If I am not mistaken, Lamar's training program differs for different positions. I know someone who is currently training at an Athletic Republic. I have seen very good results. I "think" I can get a hold of at least one of their programs. If someone can provide the training program for Lamar we can compare programs to see if actual differences exist and/or if maybe changes should be made to the Lamar Strength and conditioning program. If there is any interest in this let me know and I will see what I can find out.