Thread: Recruiting Humor: We need to recruit Katy High School

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Recruiting Humor: We need to recruit Katy High School

Watching the Cowboys play the Bengals today gave me an idea. Andy Dalton, the Bengals' quarterback, graduated from Katy High School. That high school has the kind of program you always heard about with Odessa Permian and Plano High School in years past - (and PNG). Katy rarely loses. If I don't jinx them, they are working on their 7th state championship...would be 5th since 2000.

As an example, they are currently participating in the State Football playoffs. Here are the scores so far.

11/15 - Katy wins 77-7
    11/23 - Katy wins 49-0
    12/01 - Katy wins 55-10
    12/08 - Katy wins 70-21

They are either really, really good or they have had an easy path so far.

Their closest game this year was against another Katy ISD high school, Cinco Ranch. Katy squeeked by 35-21. They face one of their nemesis teams next week, Cibolo Steele. Cibolo might be a little more of a contest.

(Posting this because the board has been pretty slow lately and needed something to do while watching the Cowboys on delay.)

bossman73

Re: Recruiting Humor: We need to recruit Katy High School

something is working!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

PNG not even close

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

i would start down the street in port arthur.we have never signed a kid from memorial.something about that has never set well with me.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=37846.msg47316#msg47316 date=1355109382]
    i would start down the street in port arthur.we have never signed a kid from memorial.something about that has never set well with me.
    [/quote]

Who cares. I'm pretty sure we've recruited a couple. If they don't want to come here, who cares.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I CARE.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Nothing humorous about this- plucking a player or two off Katy's team brings in a guy who knows what it takes to win. There are a lot of guys with a lot of talent, but don't know how to win.

Kids at KHS know what it takes to win and will likely have a positively infectious attitude... just like kids from Southlake Carroll, Allen, North Shore, and several other schools.

bigred7094

Recruiting Humor: We need to recruit Katy High School

We need to start recruiting at schools like Katy highschool and stop recruiting at schools like White House also try to look for kids out if state to come here instead of just looking at schools in Texas for example the kid from Tennessee he is a good recruit. I've been to Katy highschool and its a pretty good team and they have players on there that would start on here in a split second we NEED to start all the other schools like Sam and Mcneese are recruiting from there just saying

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

What makes you think that we aren't recruiting in those schools? Just because we aren't signing kids out of there doesn't mean we aren't trying to recruit them.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I counted around 20 players from the Houston area currently on our roster. There are a lot of local area players on the roster, also...around 20. It looks like recruiting is not restricted.

To the Whitehouse question, if I picked the correct one, Whitehouse is just south of Tyler (10 miles from the Tyler city center). It's closer to Tyler than Nederland or Vidor is to Beaumont. There has been an awful lot of football talent from that area over the years.

I have no problem with where we are recruiting. I hope we don't restrict our recruiting to big cities or urban areas only. There's a lot of talent all over the state and in every UIL high school classification. My hope is that we get the best players that we can to fit our offensive and defensive schemes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

My original post was picking up the Katy Tigers lock, stock, and barrel and suiting them up as Cardinals. I picked the Katy Tigers because I live between Katy and Houston and they were doing very well in the state playoffs at the time. Bad attempt at humor...just letting my mind run after seeing the scores the Tigers were putting up in the state playoffs and knowing their history during the 20 years I've lived here. They did end up winning the 5-A Division II State Championship again this year...sixth since I've lived here and participated in their 11th state championship game since I've lived here.

Katy High School fan following reminds me a lot of the avid fans that I experienced when still living in the Beaumont-Port Arthur-Orange area. I'd love to see that type of support to grow for Lamar Cardinals sports.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Richard Alfonso a walk on who red shirted last year is from Katy. Not from Katy high school though. He played in crawfbowl. Football is very big in Katy because of Katy High school. i beleive he went to a private school.
    Mike Adams

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=madams link=topic=37846.msg50638#msg50638 date=1367869967]
    Richard Alfonso a walk on who red shirted last year is from Katy. Not from Katy high school though. He played in crawfbowl. Football is very big in Katy because of Katy High school. i beleive he went to a private school.
    [/quote]

We have or have had some on our roster from the Katy area. Nashon Davis is currently on our roster. His high school is listed as Morton Ranch HS. Morton Ranch is in the same District as Katy HS. Mike Venson was also from Morton Ranch.