Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar football adds five transfers

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Lamar football adds five transfers

[quote author=Cardinalrule link=topic=37871.msg47566#msg47566 date=1356223037]
    [quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37871.msg47523#msg47523 date=1355980696]
    Let me get this one straight. We got Oden from Arkansas when he got kicked out for DWI. We got sims after he stole from a teammate. I have deleted most of what I was going to say. I have to remember that these young men are kids. With that said, I hope LU works out for Mr. Anthony.
    [/quote]

We are the island of Misfit Toys!
    [/quote]

It's always a party!
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

You might be getting a decent player in OSU transfer Gerron Anthony. I dont know alot about Anthony, but do know he was pretty well though of when recruited by OSU. Also, OSU is loaded on the offensive line and it was very difficult for players to break into the lineup from his class. He should have more than 2 years of elgibility and has at least been though the weight training and conditioning program and practiced with players at a high level.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

We need to recruit big OL/DL guys and develop them. Lets these guys mold under these JUCO transfers so you dont have to waist money every year because your pushing the panic button bc you lack talent at a particular position. OL has been bad and QB play has been bad, so what is the soulution? Bring in competition. If a Freshman has to start then so be it. Best player plays. 4-8 with a bunch of JUCO players is not as promising because there is not future there. Look at Pat Knight, they may stink but they are building and molding a program that will be ready to compete in a yr or so. Ray Ray needs to get up to speed on how to build a program.
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Lamar football adds five transfers

[quote author=Cplatt link=topic=37871.msg1#msg1 date=1357493350]
    We need to recruit big OL/DL guys and develop them. Lets these guys mold under these JUCO transfers so you dont have to waist money every year because your pushing the panic button bc you lack talent at a particular position. OL has been bad and QB play has been bad, so what is the soulution? Bring in competition. If a Freshman has to start then so be it. Best player plays. 4-8 with a bunch of JUCO players is not as promising because there is not future there. Look at Pat Knight, they may stink but they are building and molding a program that will be ready to compete in a yr or so. Ray Ray needs to get up to speed on how to build a program.
    Cplatt
    [/quote]

"Ray Ray"...so sick of that disrespectful shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

sorry..he coaches like a Ray-Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Haha. Ok...that made me laugh.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

does anyone know if McCormack is enrolled or if he is still committed?...Rivals and 247sports still show him undecided

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=KABrother88 link=topic=37871.msg48210#msg48210 date=1357921344]
    does anyone know if McCormack is enrolled or if he is still committed?...Rivals and 247sports still show him undecided
    [/quote]

He did sign a LOI with Lamar but he may not graduate from Blinn until this spring. It would be nice if he could participate in the spring drills. I wonder if Woodard plans to move Gillam to guard so McCormack can start at center? Didn't Kelso start at center and Gillam at guard against ULL this past season?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37871.msg48214#msg48214 date=1357925406]
    [quote author=KABrother88 link=topic=37871.msg48210#msg48210 date=1357921344]
    [/quote]

He did sign a LOI with Lamar but he may not graduate from Blinn until this spring. It would be nice if he could participate in the spring drills. I wonder if Woodard plans to move Gillam to guard so McCormack can start at center? Didn't Kelso start at center and Gillam at guard against ULL this past season?
    [/quote]

yes he did...was a short lived experience. and i do agree it would be nice to have all of our lineman than should see time this season here this spring so the coaching staff can try to organize things...sure a couple guys may be out of their regular positions