Should Woodard ask Doty to play QB??

LU Cardinal

Guest Hookem14

as always..the most popular qb is the backup...or in this case, a kid not on the team...

I don't know about popularity or why that is relevant, I'm just concerned with a winning football program. Frankly I could care less how popular any players are. But that’s just me!

While two sport athletes are not totally uncommon in collegiate sports and many a TE plays basketball, how many QBs play two sports? Charlie Ward was probably the last I can remember. QB position is so demanding and Basketball is a very physical sport that leads to lots of injuries, I suspect most college coaches want there QB doing FB related stuff in the Spring, not bouncing a ball waiting for that next rolled ankle.

Doty was a great HS QB and from what I read was doing better than expected from the coaches at Oregon. Problem was the kid in front of him was a 5 star recruit and the same age, oh and that kid had one heck of a RS Freshman year this season so Doty was probably homesick and frustrated. Basketball was his favorite and know he is back home playing the game that he loves.

Doty is a walk on. If Woodard offers him a scholarship to play football would he take it? Will Pat Knight offer him a scholarship instead? Maybe Doty doesn't want to get beat up as a QB. I think the probability of getting injured is a lot higher at QB than playing basketball.

Maybe Doty does not want to play in a scheme like we are running currently. IJS....

Guest Cardinalrule

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...maybe the kid is done with football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2. I think we are perfectly fine with who we have. Can we please get back to bashing the coaching?!!

Guest Hookem14
Doty may very well be done with football, and he might not be better than what we have…..but after watching this program over the last few years, if anyone thinks we are “perfectly fine with who we have” at ANY position..…you sure don’t expect much!