Should Woodard ask Doty to play QB??

LU Cardinal

After watching that press conference video it's obvious that Pat Knight wouldn't object or hold him back. It's also obvious to me that he could be the best QB we have on campus right now. If he was good enough for Chip Kelly and Oregon to give him a shot, then why not Lamar? Swallow yur pride coach and go get this kid to consider strapping on the pads again for a couple seasons.

He set records at PNG, he was good enough for Chip Kelly at Oregon so i'd say the answer is a resounding yes. I do question whether or not he'd have any interest in playing football when he's goal now seems to be to improve as much as he can on the basketball court, but personally i'd really love to see it.

Guest Hookem14
Nobody on the Lamar campus has as good an arm as Doty has, and I’m willing to bet nobody is even remotely close as good a decision maker with the football as well. If Woodard doesn’t reach out to Doty to at least have a conversation about football, he is a moron!

Guest Hookem14

Where is it posted on this site that he is God's gift to QB? All people are saying is that he may be LU's best option.

Bingo!!! NOBODY said god's gift, very simply, possibly the best option to win, and as for as I know, that is the goal, right!

Guest Hookem14

IMO it's simple. Good enough for Chip Kelly and Oregon= slam dunk for Lamar. I wish he and Woodard were both interested and this would happen.

Once again, Dead On!!! When Chip Kelly personally calls and asks you to come be a part of his team, that speaks volumes. Doty might not be interested, but if you think he gives you your best chance to win football games, it's not rocket science, you simply reach out and make that conversation happen!

IMO it's simple. Good enough for Chip Kelly and Oregon= slam dunk for Lamar. I wish he and Woodard were both interested and this would happen.

Once again, Dead On!!! When Chip Kelly personally calls and asks you to come be a part of his team, that speaks volumes. Doty might not be interested, but if you think he gives you your best chance to win football games, it's not rocket science, you simply reach out and make that conversation happen!

and..mossakowski @Kentucky, johnson @ WV...nothing is a "slam dunk"

and..mossakowski @Kentucky, johnson @ WV...nothing is a "slam dunk"

The "slam dunk" comment was referring to Lamar at minimum asking if he'd have interest.

Guest Hookem14

Guys, how soon do we forget??? The QB is not the problem. it's the ugly offense we run. Puddin said it best the spread QB's left because of handoff, handoff, 6yd pass. Both those kids liked Lamar from what I was told, it was scheme.

I don’t disagree with you at all on the scheme or play calling thought process. And I really don’t know anyone that would disagree. It’s horrible. But that has nothing to do with what some of us are saying. We are simply saying that if Doty may be your best option at the QB position to help win football games, shouldn’t you at least reach out and gage his potential interest. That should be true regardless of position if you think it may help put up wins. If Woodard thinks his best left offensive guard option is sitting in organic chemistry class but not involved in the football program, doesn’t he owe it to the Lamar football program as well as to the fans to at least try and reach out to that individual? The dumb schemes and play calling is for another discussion!

By the way, since nothing Woodard has done with the program has been even remotely close to a “slam dunk”…...he might as well turn to a guy that can!!!

CA, what the hell does demeanor have to do with winning football games? I don't give a crap if he smiles all the time like Brett Favre or is a sour puss like Jay Cutler. All that matters is winning football games. Demeanor....WTF?

Guest Hookem14

Who says Coach Woodard hasnt ever talked to Doty?

I'm sure at some point, maybe even several times, he has. What I, as well as a few others obviously, are wondering is if any of those conversations have been in regards to playing football at Lamar!