Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Woodard ask Doty to play QB??

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Should Woodard ask Doty to play QB??

[quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37903.msg48074#msg48074 date=1357685452]
    What about Bergeron

[/quote]

No longer at Lamar.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Mike link=topic=37903.msg48075#msg48075 date=1357685799]
    [quote author=CardAmbassador link=topic=37903.msg48074#msg48074 date=1357685452]
    What about Bergeron

[/quote]

No longer at Lamar.
    [/quote]

He just signed at Southern Miss

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Hookem14 link=topic=37903.msg48071#msg48071 date=1357681549]
    [quote author=Mike link=topic=37903.msg48069#msg48069 date=1357680862]
    IMO it's simple. Good enough for Chip Kelly and Oregon= slam dunk for Lamar. I wish he and Woodard were both interested and this would happen.
    [/quote]
    Once again, Dead On!!! When Chip Kelly personally calls and asks you to come be a part of his team, that speaks volumes. Doty might not be interested, but if you think he gives you your best chance to win football games, it's not rocket science, you simply reach out and make that conversation happen!
    [/quote]

and..mossakowski @Kentucky, johnson @ WV...nothing is a "slam dunk"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37903.msg48080#msg48080 date=1357694150]
    [quote author=Hookem14 link=topic=37903.msg48071#msg48071 date=1357681549]
    [quote author=Mike link=topic=37903.msg48069#msg48069 date=1357680862]
    IMO it's simple. Good enough for Chip Kelly and Oregon= slam dunk for Lamar. I wish he and Woodard were both interested and this would happen.
    [/quote]
    Once again, Dead On!!! When Chip Kelly personally calls and asks you to come be a part of his team, that speaks volumes. Doty might not be interested, but if you think he gives you your best chance to win football games, it's not rocket science, you simply reach out and make that conversation happen!
    [/quote]

and..mossakowski @Kentucky, johnson @ WV...nothing is a "slam dunk"
    [/quote]

The "slam dunk" comment was referring to Lamar at minimum asking if he'd have interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Guys, how soon do we forget??? The QB is not the problem. it's the ugly offense we run. Puddin said it best the spread QB's left because of handoff, handoff, 6yd pass. Both those kids liked Lamar from what I was told, it was scheme.

CardAmbassador

Damn shame, that Bergeron kid really impressed me with his demeanor.

Hookem14

[quote author=lcard05 link=topic=37903.msg48094#msg48094 date=1357746716]
    Guys, how soon do we forget??? The QB is not the problem. it's the ugly offense we run. Puddin said it best the spread QB's left because of handoff, handoff, 6yd pass. Both those kids liked Lamar from what I was told, it was scheme.
    [/quote]

I don’t disagree with you at all on the scheme or play calling thought process. And I really don’t know anyone that would disagree. It’s horrible. But that has nothing to do with what some of us are saying. We are simply saying that if Doty may be your best option at the QB position to help win football games, shouldn’t you at least reach out and gage his potential interest. That should be true regardless of position if you think it may help put up wins. If Woodard thinks his best left offensive guard option is sitting in organic chemistry class but not involved in the football program, doesn’t he owe it to the Lamar football program as well as to the fans to at least try and reach out to that individual? The dumb schemes and play calling is for another discussion!

By the way, since nothing Woodard has done with the program has been even remotely close to a “slam dunk”…...he might as well turn to a guy that can!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Who says Coach Woodard hasnt ever talked to Doty?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

CA, what the hell does demeanor have to do with winning football games? I don't give a crap if he smiles all the time like Brett Favre or is a sour puss like Jay Cutler. All that matters is winning football games. Demeanor....WTF?

Hookem14

[quote author=BigNasty92 link=topic=37903.msg48103#msg48103 date=1357764394]
    Who says Coach Woodard hasnt ever talked to Doty?
    [/quote]
    I'm sure at some point, maybe even several times, he has. What I, as well as a few others obviously, are wondering is if any of those conversations have been in regards to playing football at Lamar!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

as always..the most popular qb is the backup...or in this case, a kid not on the team...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

The qb coming in from PA Memorial supposedly is coming in to play defense so I would presume Woodard has a plan (may not be a good one) for who the qb is going to be.

Hookem14

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37903.msg48108#msg48108 date=1357767280]
    as always..the most popular qb is the backup...or in this case, a kid not on the team...
    [/quote]
    I don't know about popularity or why that is relevant, I'm just concerned with a winning football program. Frankly I could care less how popular any players are. But that’s just me!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

While two sport athletes are not totally uncommon in collegiate sports and many a TE plays basketball, how many QBs play two sports? Charlie Ward was probably the last I can remember. QB position is so demanding and Basketball is a very physical sport that leads to lots of injuries, I suspect most college coaches want there QB doing FB related stuff in the Spring, not bouncing a ball waiting for that next rolled ankle.
    Doty was a great HS QB and from what I read was doing better than expected from the coaches at Oregon. Problem was the kid in front of him was a 5 star recruit and the same age, oh and that kid had one heck of a RS Freshman year this season so Doty was probably homesick and frustrated. Basketball was his favorite and know he is back home playing the game that he loves.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Doty is a walk on. If Woodard offers him a scholarship to play football would he take it? Will Pat Knight offer him a scholarship instead? Maybe Doty doesn't want to get beat up as a QB. I think the probability of getting injured is a lot higher at QB than playing basketball.