Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Dennis McKnight won't be back

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Rumors: Dennis McKnight won't be back

Don't have a reason only told he won't be back next season. Will post any new info as it becomes available.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Rumors: Dennis McKnight won't be back

[quote author=Mike link=topic=37960.msg48536#msg48536 date=1359430451]
    Don't have a reason only told he won't be back next season. Will post any new info as it becomes available.
    [/quote]

The coach with the most legitimate coaching experience gone after a year?

Because that makes sense
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I heard coaching differences with another offensive coach.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37960.msg48537#msg48537 date=1359432005]
    [/quote]

Because that makes sense
    [/quote]

How you figure he is the only coach on staff with legit coaching experience? Bill Bradley lots of coaching experience, Carey Bailey been a multiple D-1 schools coaching the defensive line. Larry Kueck been at multiple stops as an OC. Craig McGallion been coaching for 27 years he has a lot of coaching experience. So don't get on here talking crap about only coach with legit experience. You worry about how to beat North Dakota State and not the coachs at Lamar

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=37960.msg48546#msg48546 date=1359469569]
    [/quote]

Because that makes sense
    [/quote]

How you figure he is the only coach on staff with legit coaching experience? Bill Bradley lots of coaching experience, Carey Bailey been a multiple D-1 schools coaching the defensive line. Larry Kueck been at multiple stops as an OC. Craig McGallion been coaching for 27 years he has a lot of coaching experience. So don't get on here talking crap about only coach with legit experience. You worry about how to beat North Dakota State and not the coachs at Lamar
    [/quote]

Craig McGallion? C'mon man, really? Silsbee HS head coach doesn't count. I'll give you Bill Bradley, but not Carey Bailey. Kueck has been at Marshall and people HATED the man!

It was really more of a knock on Ray, since his assistants have more DI experience then him, but like I said, I'll give you Bradley. I had not looked at his sheet.

As for giving me advice on what to worry about, no thanks. I'll worry about the Southland Conference and the teams getting better. I don't have time to worry about a team we've played twice, and may never play again for 10 years.

BTW, welcome to BRI, and unwad your panties.

NorthoftheBorder

When he was hired I had high hopes he would do great things. That did not happen last year on the O-line or Sp-teams. That may not have been his fault. In general it is/was dissappointing. Not sure why we are not improving as a football team. Having suffered through all the years in BB since Pat Foster left and the continual promise that the "next recruiting class" will turn us around, I have slowly come to the conclusion that what is needed is coaches who can coach and motivate kids to rise above their abilities and perform as a team.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=37960.msg48549#msg48549 date=1359481077]
    [quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=37960.msg48546#msg48546 date=1359469569]
    [/quote]

Because that makes sense
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Craig McGallion? C'mon man, really? Silsbee HS head coach doesn't count. I'll give you Bill Bradley, but not Carey Bailey. Kueck has been at Marshall and people HATED the man!

It was really more of a knock on Ray, since his assistants have more DI experience then him, but like I said, I'll give you Bradley. I had not looked at his sheet.

As for giving me advice on what to worry about, no thanks. I'll worry about the Southland Conference and the teams getting better. I don't have time to worry about a team we've played twice, and may never play again for 10 years.

BTW, welcome to BRI, and unwad your panties.
    [/quote]

Panties are not in a wad thanks though. Craig has more experience than just Silsbee high school so get you info straight. Bailey has more experience at the D1 level than anyone on the staff now. He has worked at Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, ULL etc.. Kueck has been a lot more places than Marshall as well. He been at SMU, Marshall, Ole Miss, Rice, Lamar, and many other places

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=37960.msg48554#msg48554 date=1359489068]
    When he was hired I had high hopes he would do great things. That did not happen last year on the O-line or Sp-teams. That may not have been his fault. In general it is/was dissappointing. Not sure why we are not improving as a football team. Having suffered through all the years in BB since Pat Foster left and the continual promise that the "next recruiting class" will turn us around, I have slowly come to the conclusion that what is needed is coaches who can coach and motivate kids to rise above their abilities and perform as a team.
    [/quote]

North, I think it's just a consistency issue. Sam has always been blessed with a relatively solid group of OL who play together for a couple years. There has always been a lot of rotation on the line so that when the seniors come up, they've had something.

If memory serves me correctly, Gilliam was the only one with any significant time? No matter how talented the players are, if they don't have that chemistry together, it'll be tough to coach. Once some consistency can be found on the line, the OL coach will look like a genius. It's just a matter of timing.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=37960.msg48555#msg48555 date=1359490604]
    Panties are not in a wad thanks though. Craig has more experience than just Silsbee high school so get you info straight. Bailey has more experience at the D1 level than anyone on the staff now. He has worked at Tennessee, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, ULL etc.. Kueck has been a lot more places than Marshall as well. He been at SMU, Marshall, Ole Miss, Rice, Lamar, and many other places
    [/quote]

And Ray Woodard is the head coach because.....?

bossman73

sorry to hear that :'(

LU 17

We have the know it all telling us about our team. I'm sure the coaches at SHSU ask for his wisdom when recruiting players or coaching changes. I guess if somebody with credibility said this, I would listen. But not a guy with 400 post on another teams fan site.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=37960.msg48554#msg48554 date=1359489068]
    [/quote]

It is a university issue. Franklin and McLaughlin led the demise. Simmons is being touted as a savior but all he has done is load up the university with a bunch of students who can't qualify to get in anywhere else so we are left with a dysfunctional campus with no college life, no school spirit, and a majority of students who don't really want to be there. People want to be part of something special. Not part of "if you breath and can get financial aid we will let you in" university.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=37960.msg48565#msg48565 date=1359509167]
    We have the know it all telling us about our team. I'm sure the coaches at SHSU ask for his wisdom when recruiting players or coaching changes. I guess if somebody with credibility said this, I would listen. But not a guy with 400 post on another teams fan site.
    [/quote]

Funny coming from a guy like you has less than 200 on his own site. :o

I'm not the only person who has question Woodard's credentials, and I won't be the last. At the end of the day, Lamar deserves better.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I think ray ray sucks......I'd fire Knight and I'd retire gilligan...............

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=37960.msg48571#msg48571 date=1359514959]
    I think ray ray sucks......I'd fire Knight and I'd retire gilligan...............
    [/quote]

Puddin says clean house!