Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Johnson off the Team?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Kevin Johnson off the Team?

Just heard he told strengh coaches they have a stupid program.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Kevin Johnson off the Team?

[quote author=red rover link=topic=37969.msg48586#msg48586 date=1359653836]
    Just heard he told strengh coaches they have a stupid program.
    [/quote]

Didn't you guys say last season that he had a poor attitude? That's a shame for a kid had the most TDs on the team.
    Sam Houston -- Beating Stephen F. Austin since 1836

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

A few posters have mentioned that the linemen where not a strong as they should be. I hope this is not another sign of that problem. If so then isn't Coach Woodard ultimately responsible for this?

(If this is true then I'm assuming he's talking about the strength program, not the football program in general.)

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Does not surprise me, once u quit it gets easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

dont know if its true or not....but, dude played at about 50%...there's a reason the "big Schools" let these kids go...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

According to KJ he's not going anywhere.

bossman73

TEST TEST IS THIS POST WORKING?? TEST TEST

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=coachacola link=topic=37969.msg48590#msg48590 date=1359658262]
    A few posters have mentioned that the linemen where not a strong as they should be. I hope this is not another sign of that problem. If so then isn't Coach Woodard ultimately responsible for this?

(If this is true then I'm assuming he's talking about the strength program, not the football program in general.)
    [/quote]

KJ and others have all expressed our workout process. Kids are complaining they are losing weight right now. This is the muscle bulking time. We should be building in this phase. We have guys here for 4 years that have not gained a pound. Not the fact that people did not care for KJ and Herschels time here they did both spend a year in a top D1 program and both expressed that our strength and conditioning program was crap.KJ looked bigger than our linebackers when he got here. Proof is stand outside our locker room and watch the boys come out..Not seeing a lot of muscle. Our kids are also not getting the suppliments other programs are getting. Better send your kid some protien or you might see your linebacker kid look like a marathon runner.

NorthoftheBorder

[quote author=lcard05 link=topic=37969.msg48601#msg48601 date=1359747851]
    [quote author=coachacola link=topic=37969.msg48590#msg48590 date=1359658262]

[/quote]

KJ and others have all expressed our workout process. Kids are complaining they are losing weight right now. This is the muscle bulking time. We should be building in this phase. We have guys here for 4 years that have not gained a pound. Not the fact that people did not care for KJ and Herschels time here they did both spend a year in a top D1 program and both expressed that our strength and conditioning program was crap.KJ looked bigger than our linebackers when he got here. Proof is stand outside our locker room and watch the boys come out..Not seeing a lot of muscle. Our kids are also not getting the suppliments other programs are getting. Better send your kid some protien or you might see your linebacker kid look like a marathon runner.
    [/quote]

The guy who runs our strength & conditioning program is pretty bulky himself. Wonder why he can get himself bulked up but not he kids. I have been concerned about the size of our line and the weight max's since last year!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Coach McKnight wasn't happy with the weight lifting program either.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Why hasn't this been corrected yet? Seems like Coach Woodard would have taken care of this problem a long time ago.

bossman73

I AGREE!!! OL,DL should be benching 500 lbs not 375 to 425. This needs to happen!!

LU 17

From all this talk about lineman losing weight, maybe KJ was right. The strength program is stupid! I agree with all the post about bulking up in off season and getting strength.

jlh

It sounds that KJ is expressing dissatisfaction with the speed and agility training being utilized within the offseason program. It is easy to be upset when the coaches are working your butt off. A "stupid" off season program??? I am not so sure. KJ indicated that the lineman are losing weight? Sometimes lineman need to lose weight. I heard that Chris Mayer weighed in at 390 lbs. I think that speed is more important than bench press anyway. Given equal size and technique, its the quickest guy off the ball who wins the battle in the trenches not the strongest guy. Of course strength is important, but speed, quickness and athleticism are more important. So, if the coaches are trying to make them faster and then stronger...I agree with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'd rather have a 270# strong dude than a 350# tub of goo