***2013 National Signing Day Thread***

Mike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilgore JC's Tramon Shead a 6-4 280lb OL has re-signed with Lamar. He needed one more class to graduate.

IS he at Lamar ? or not?

I take it he early signed but had classes to finish. He'll be here when it counts.

From the "In The Cards" blog:

Ray Woodard's press conference today was to announce his 2013 class, but some other news came out of it:

[li]Redshirt junior receiver Kevin Johnson, who transferred from Oklahoma State, is suspended for a violation of team rules, Woodard announced. He said it is an in-house issue and Johnson will be granted a second chance to return, but he is suspended for now. Johnson led the Cards with 10 touchdown receptions last season[/li]
    [li]Spring football will begin March 18 with the Spring Game occurring April 16 at 7 p.m. Lamar will hold a scrimmage every Saturday between then at 10 a.m.[/li]
    [li]On defense, the Cards will stick to a 3-4 and Woodard said he has specifically recruited to this scheme[/li]
    [li]On offense, Woodard expressed a desire to throw the ball more. He picked up a pair of quarterbacks today including Central QB Robert Mitchell and speedy Judge Wolfe from Palmer, Texas.[/li]
    [li]Five of Lamar's recruits were JUCO transfers. Woodard said he would rather build his program on high school players and stray from those in junior college[/li]
    [li]Lamar is close to finishing its schedule for this year and is waiting on only a couple contracts to come through with other schools. Woodard wanted to be able to release it today, but it is not complete yet.[/li]
    [li]For details on this year's recruiting class, read the Beaumont Enterprise tomorrow[/li]

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2013/02/06/news-and-notes-ray-woodard-presser-feb-6/

This Kade Harrington kid intrigues me...rushed for 1,944 yards and 22 TDs in only 9 games (216 yards/game and almost 2.5 TDs/game)...doing this in 5A ball while standing only 5'-7"...if our O-Line can get better off the ball then I think he becomes a dangerous weapon hiding behind them and sneaking through holes

This Kade Harrington kid intrigues me...rushed for 1,944 yards and 22 TDs in only 9 games (216 yards/game and almost 2.5 TDs/game)...doing this in 5A ball while standing only 5'-7"...if our O-Line can get better off the ball then I think he becomes a dangerous weapon hiding behind them and sneaking through holes

Those were my thoughts about him, too. He looks very good on film.

Placed a call to Coach Woodard earlier and got a quote about his thoughts on the class:

"I think this is a solid class and our coaches all did a great job. The six transfers will give us some immediate depth and the 19 incoming freshmen will help us now and for years to come. I'm excited and can't wait to see them all in a Lamar uniform."

Guest eagle eye

Placed a call to Coach Woodard earlier and got a quote about his thoughts on the class:

"I think this is a solid class and our coaches all did a great job. The six transfers will give us some immediate depth and the 19 incoming freshmen will help us now and for years to come. I'm excited and can't wait to see them all in a Lamar uniform."

I agree, Mike. It really looks like we got a nice crop of players. I hope the KJ thing resolves itself because I think he is a really good receiver but he seems to have some maturity issues. You complimented the coaches for doing a good job of recruitiing and that's true, now they need to do a good job of coaching them.