Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Jason Henderson the answer as AD?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Is Jason Henderson the answer as AD?

I know it's obviously not all his fault but I cant help but think how different things could be if Larry Tidwell had been given or wanted that gig permanently.

Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Is Jason Henderson the answer as AD?

Very good question. Tidwell certainly had the PR machine going that first year they brought back football and he knows how to raise money for the program.
    Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=LU1991 link=topic=38017.msg49098#msg49098 date=1361221738]
    Very good question. Tidwell certainly had the PR machine going that first year they brought back football and he knows how to raise money for the program.
    [/quote]

Coach Tidwell gave Henderson a ringing endorsement on the Red Zone earlier tonight. Said some good things about Jason and LU president Jimmy Simmons.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

From talking one on one with Tidwell he didn't want the gig. Took too much away from his recruiting, etc. Jason is a great guy and has been doing a ton of the AD work for the past few years without the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Although I read the forums pretty often, I have never posted before. But, having the knowledge I have of Mr. Henderson, NO!! He is in way over his head!! He went from beginning as a compliance intern to A.D. in four or five short years...come on! You say maybe he is just that talented...I say maybe he just rides a lot of coat tails...kisses the right rear ends.

Yes, it is no secret he has done the majority of the A.D. workload since the infamous Billy Tubbs was in his final couple of years...so, ask yourself this...if he was the answer shouldn't we be gaining momentum instead of losing it? I have a lot of respect for Coach Tidwell. He should have stayed the A.D., but I understand why he didn't. But, Jason is his boss...it's not like Tidwell's going to bite the hand that feeds him.

Yes, Mr. Henderson can quote rules and procedures...he is the master of playing it safe. But, we all know greatness doesn't come from playing it safe...mediocrity does! That is exactly what we have under Mr. Henderson. For those of you who have REAL conversations with staff and close followers of the program, you know I am right.

He made a good Compliance Director, but he doesn't have the foresight, nor the personality, to be an effective A.D. It's almost laughable that this question has been posted and even more laughable how few replies it has received. It doesn't need to be asked...it's an easy NO...it's not even in question.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

we need someone that can talk the panties off of a _________.did this guy get much action in college?? ;D seriously though we need someone like a tidwell that people gravitate to.dont know this guy but ive seen him around and he doesnt look like he's comfortable working the room.hope im wrong about the guy but the ad can make or break an athletic dept.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

UTSA has an AD that can makes things happen and they are heading to the CUSA. Tubbs was pushing for LAMAR to get into a FBS conference. Now with Henderson at the helm it looks like LAMAR will be in the SLC for a while. Hope I'm wrong but since he's taken over there's not been one peep from him about moving up.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Hopefully this is something that changes with the new President.

eagle eye

I have an idea. Ask Henderson to be a guest on the Red Zone show. Make it known early enough that forum members can get questions in and hopefully we find out what his vision of the school's programs are. Ask him if the school is making attempts to move to an FBS conference like the Sun Belt. Give us a crack at him and we can judge for ourselves. I can't play the shows on my computer but if I have to go to the show live I'll go. I would like to hear what he has to say for myself anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

well....whoever scheduled fricking Bacone oughta get shit canned

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Tell us how you really feel, Puddin.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38017.msg49357#msg49357 date=1362101718]
    [/quote]

Why are you always gripping about the schedule. Who cares who they schedule as long as they play the game and win.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=38017.msg49383#msg49383 date=1362144824]
    [/quote]

Why are you always gripping about the schedule. Who cares who they schedule as long as they play the game and win.
    [/quote]

from my time reading here, that guy doesnt seem happy unless he has something to gripe about.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

My opinion is Henderson is probably a nice, smart guy but he seems 'small time' and I'm tired of my alma-mater being content on being small-time. The LU administration should be striving to become big-time. Am I saying LU should be considered in the same breath as a BCS conference school? No not even close but we also should not settle for being just a lower tier FCS school that doesn't get the support it deserves from its own community. We live in an area with over 250K people and Lamar University is the only major college in town. Beaumont specifically should have LU stuff up everywhere but you barely see it. Every sporting event LU host should be treated like an event in this area, the hottest ticket in town but some complain about kickoff times being too early or on what day the games are played. Big-time schools don't worry about Saturday kickoff times because of pee-wee football games or if one of the local high schools have a basketball game the same night. We need a positive, upbeat thinker at the helm of our athletic dept that will treat Lamar as if they're big-time or REALLY believes that we could get there. I don't see Jason Henderson as that type of guy but I hope I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Go Cards Go link=topic=38017.msg49384#msg49384 date=1362147103]
    [quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=38017.msg49383#msg49383 date=1362144824]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

from my time reading here, that guy doesnt seem happy unless he has something to gripe about.
    [/quote]

welllll...in your short time here..are you impressed with the progress of football?..the fantastic basketball season?