Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Jason Henderson the answer as AD?

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Is Jason Henderson the answer as AD?

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38017.msg49389#msg49389 date=1362149164]
    [quote author=Go Cards Go link=topic=38017.msg49384#msg49384 date=1362147103]
    [quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=38017.msg49383#msg49383 date=1362144824]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38017.msg49357#msg49357 date=1362101718]
    well....whoever scheduled fricking Bacone oughta get shit canned
    [/quote]

Why are you always gripping about the schedule. Who cares who they schedule as long as they play the game and win.
    [/quote]

from my time reading here, that guy doesnt seem happy unless he has something to gripe about.
    [/quote]

welllll...in your short time here..are you impressed with the progress of football?..the fantastic basketball season?
    [/quote]

absolutely not but you're personal attack method of complaining is very immature. I've also seen the women's basketball team have a pretty good season and now tied for 1st in the conference and the baseball team getting off to a pretty good start yet no post from you on those threads. I'm guessing if the baseball team gets swept by Columbia this weekend you'll be all over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Go Cards Go link=topic=38017.msg49390#msg49390 date=1362149321]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38017.msg49389#msg49389 date=1362149164]
    [quote author=Go Cards Go link=topic=38017.msg49384#msg49384 date=1362147103]
    [quote author=Cardinals2012 link=topic=38017.msg49383#msg49383 date=1362144824]
    [quote author=puddin tane link=topic=38017.msg49357#msg49357 date=1362101718]
    well....whoever scheduled fricking Bacone oughta get shit canned
    [/quote]

Why are you always gripping about the schedule. Who cares who they schedule as long as they play the game and win.
    [/quote]

from my time reading here, that guy doesnt seem happy unless he has something to gripe about.
    [/quote]

welllll...in your short time here..are you impressed with the progress of football?..the fantastic basketball season?
    [/quote]

absolutely not but you're personal attack method of complaining is very immature. I've also seen the women's basketball team have a pretty good season and now tied for 1st in the conference and the baseball team getting off to a pretty good start yet no post from you on those threads. I'm guessing if the baseball team gets swept by Columbia this weekend you'll be all over it.
    [/quote]

I think Rome wasn't built in a day and it takes time to be a dominate team. Calm down and give the coach's time to win. Basketball lost a lot of seniors last season so a majority of the players are young players they will be fine down the road with time. Football is going in the right direction and if guys like you spent more time thinking about the good things you see on saturday's at the game and less time talking about how you hate Woodard and his staff is only here to get a check. Lamar is going to be fine if more people came to the games and watched and cheered the bigger conferences would see the attendance numbers and maybe invite Lamar to there conference. Just relax and enjoy the fact that we have football, basketball, baseball, soccer, softball etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

maybe ya oughta read some of my posts re: baseball, softball and womens basketball..They are doing good and i applaud them..btw,so bass fishing team did well, also

Dominate team? how about competitive?

lessee...this started cuz of a comment about scheduling Bacone ...Its a useless game, but I will be there

people here wanna put lipstick on a pig when it comes to Woodard and Knight... I dont....3 basketball wins? ..no excuse...NONE

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

How the AD will evaluate the coaching staffs is still in the future, but I am not impressed with him from the stand point of the amenities at the games. Football seems to be little to no control over who gets onto the sidelines. Sorry I don't think seeing grade school kids playing catch on the sideline during a game is anywhere close to acceptable. Basketball most of the year only one of potentially four refreshment stands open. Last night before the men's game started the only open stand was out of fountain Coke. That doesn't say much for planning or organization. Any possibility they will offer me a refund for Saturdays game as I paid full price for my season ticket and to try to get some people there for Dr. Simmons retirement celebration they are selling tickets for $1. Earlier post was correct LU projects a small time non-relevent atmosphere despite the great facilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

"Small time" should be his nick name. Have you ever watched our AD "work the room"? He's as cold as a dead fish and that's being generous. Let's be honest, the reason Dr.Simmons has been so successful in rejuvenating Lamar is because he understands people and knows how to win them over...knows how to make them believe in something grander. The current AD has none of that. In today's world an AD has to be a marketing and fundraising guy first and foremost...the face of the department. Have you ever seen him at a community function outside of Lamar?? How does he reach out to make friends from sitting in his cozy office? The reason the question is being posed is bc no one knows him!! Is that what we need? Mr. Henderson, I challenge you to step outside your comfort zone...go meet the community! We have a great one.

bigred360

Our current AD is a nice guy but he is not a charismatic person. To get money, interest in the school and build a successful athletic department he is not who another university would have turned to for leading the athletic department.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

While there is a lot of hate, you have to give him some credit as while Simmons might be the one that brought football and softball back, the AD is the one that has work out all of the details with the conference and others to make it work per say. It'd be a tough job to do no matter how good you were.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

"Duh Cards" please tell me you are not serious! Did you not hear yourself...the President brought back football and softball...why did the President have to do that...isn't that the job of an AD? And cry me a river over the sob story about how hard the job is...he gets paid to do it and he should be doing it better...we need it done better! Look at one of your own examples, Softball. He wasn't prepared for it's return. We've had a coach for over a year and already begun our first season. Have plans for a permanent facility been released? Has he secured the funds to start construction?

The facility upgrades at Ford Park are pretty decent you say? Ask Coach Bruder how much help and resources she received from our AD? The answer would appall you!! I know. I've asked. Ive seen her digging holes for fence posts herself!! I've seen her hanging banners herself. I've seen her sod an entire field...herself!!! If I were AD I'd be embarrassed of those facts! To be honest, knowing everything she's done and her program is doing as well as it is in her first year...I'd make her AD!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Don't get me wrong I think for the most part he could have done a better job and should be replaced, however there is a small percentage of things (maybe 2% or less) that he has done a decent job of considering the circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I'm a pretty easy-to-please guy...I'll give him the 2%