Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New LU Football uniforms revealed

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: New LU Football uniforms revealed

It's like putting a tuxedo on a turd...looks better, but its still crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ok, that sounded a bit harsh. I actually hope they prove me wrong.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=dacards link=topic=38051.msg49535#msg49535 date=1362584520]
    [quote author=bigred360 link=topic=38051.msg49523#msg49523 date=1362536283]
    Hey there guys. I haven't posted in awhile but just my 2 cents is the uniforms don't matter. Lamar is a struggling FCS program and the most important thing is winning, period. Then, I personally prefer night games. We have to realize where we are, the market for FCS football and the level of commitment from the university.
    [/quote]

Along with that idea, it'd be great to see greater emphasis on games in the community as well. Some towns have banners for the school all over town, some put flags out representing the school on game day...something like that would be great.
    [/quote]

It would also help if the students would get just a little school spirit and learn that it is ok to go out and have fun and route on their classmates, win or lose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

This student does as do many others. The reason the student section looks empty a lot of the time is because the first five to six rows of the student section sucks because you cant see over the opposing players on the side line so many students choose to sit in the empty seats above the student section instead of standing in the student section. If the fans of Lamar would buy tickets then the students couldn't sit up there therefore the student section would be full. Granted, several games last season the students did not show up. But for the most part the students are there rooting on their school. That Nicholls game was terrible. There were maybe 100 students in our group and we are the ones that always show up no matter what. Other than our group there may have been 50 other students there.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

LU 17

Keep the big group of students coming. If you don't think the other teams players can't hear y'all, you are wrong. We need a good group of students getting on the other teams players. It's part of the home field advantage.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

You better believe they hear us. We've had Gatorade thrown on us, cussed at many times, threatened, etc. The Gatorade incident happened at the afore mentioned Nicholls game last year. Some player for SHSU had a tribal tattoo of some kind and we really got on him about it and he told several of our guys that they should watch their backs as he was going to f****** take care of them after the game and the best one of all.................Drum Roll................. Cussed out by one of the coaches for PVAMU because he was trying to talk to his players on the bench right in front of us and we were using voovoozalas (sp?), trashcan lids, and other assorted noisemakers and they couldn't hear what he was saying. Of course we just got louder lol. Then the best part was they moved down to another bench and the students down there gave em hell as well.

Ahhh...... What great memories.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

LU 17

Big T, that is impressive. Getting the coaches to respond does take the cake. Glad to know we have fans like that still around.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: New LU Football uniforms revealed

[quote author=LU 17 link=topic=38051.msg1#msg1 date=1375187390]
    Big T, that is impressive. Getting the coaches to respond does take the cake. Glad to know we have fans like that still around.
    [/quote]

+1