PODCAST: The Red Zone Show (3/13/13)

Mike

Probably the biggest questions or ideas I've seen are about, realignment and coaching accountability. Otherwise anything about improvements (such as the softball field) or anything else of that nature would be nice to hear about.

Well, exciting isn't exactly what I'd call a show with Lamar's AD as guest, but ok.

Depends on how tough of questions you want throw his way, and if you're going to let him dance around them.

I'd like to know:

1. What plans/changes does he have for ticket sales/prices, tailgating, and game times for the upcoming football season? How does he plan to battle the dwindling ticket sales over the past 2 years?

2. What are the plans for a new softball stadium? When will they be released? Has funding been secured? Why did Coach Bruder have to do so much on her own with little or no budget?

I'll give a some. What about this job has surprised him the most since taking over? Does he have a goal to move Lamar University up past the FCS level and if yes, how long or short term of a goal is it? Could we expect any facility upgrades to the Montagne Center soon? (locker rooms, scoreboard, etc) Does he ever consult Coach Tidwell or Tubbs for advice about the job? Thanks for the time!

I would like to know the status of:

(1) funding for the softball and baseball stadiums

(2) upgrades for the Montagne Center and attached practice court

(3) wall behind the football stadium and basketball arena Tidwell had talked about a year or two ago

(4) any conference affiliation news

Good questions.

With the questions about upgrades to the Montagne Center, how about Vincent Beck? Ive noticed visiting players having to mingle with fans in the only restroom under the bleachers. It's a nice stadium but in need of some improvements IMO.

Show was really good last night. Jason did a great job of answering all questions, and did not really avoid any. Maybe we should have pushed dug a little deeper!! ;D ;D

Plans are done for Softball complex. His top priority is finding the funding for the softball field on campus.

Also discussed what is needed for new video board in the Montagne. It requires a new hoist in the Montagne as well as some new electrical work along the scorers/ press row tables to be able to do the stats on the new scoreboard. Money is still needed for this project also.

Discussed needed repairs to Vincent-Beck being redoing the outfield as it holds water in some low spots. Putting a cover over the chair back areas behind home plate for shade and building a new locker room area for visiting teams.

He said the facilities is one of the key things to improve because that is what gets kids to come to LU. Upgrading is always on the short list.

Also discussed new ideas on ticket sales, promotions and what they can do to increase attendance at sporting events.

I didn't get to listen either...but, I will listen to the podcast of it when it gets up. Then, I'll give my 2 cents. Only thing I will say right now is that it sounds like he is "looking" and not "finding" funding. Is that his inability, or just lack of interest from donors? Maybe a little of both.