Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston Astros Regular Season Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Houston Astros Regular Season Thread

First pitch just an hour and a half away!!! Lets Go Stros!
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

eagle eye

Re: Houston Astros Regular Season Thread

The field is in gorgeous condition! The Astros fans correctly booed every Rangers starter and JJ Watt showed quite an arm throwing out the first pitch! The home whites with the home navy caps looks clean--looks like the first day of spring!

Starting Lineups
    Rangers Astros
    1. 2B Ian Kinsler 1. 2B Jose Altuve
    2. SS Elvis Andrus 2. 1B Brett Wallace
    3. DH Lance Berkman 3. LF Chris Carter
    4. 3B Adrian Beltre 4. DH Carlos Pena
    5. LF Dave Murphy 5. CF Justin Maxwell
    6. RF Nelson Cruz 6. C Jason Castro
    7. C A.J. Pierzynski 7. 3B Matt Dominguez
    8. 1B Mitch Moreland 8. RF Brandon Barnes
    9. CF Leonys Martin 9. SS Ronny Cedeno

SP - LHP Matt Harrison SP - RHP Bud Norris

Top of 1st inning - Bud Norris mows down the Rangers in order. Kinsler fly out to right, Andrus K and Lance Berkman (DH) ground out to SS.

Bottom of 1st - Altuve leads off w/ first pitch base hit! Altuve called out on steal a attempt. Replay showed Altuve was safe. (Baseball so needs replay reviews), Brett Wallace - K, Chris Carter - K on 3 pitches. Strike 3 was looking.

eagle eye

Top of the 2nd - Norris got into a little jam. Beltre lines out to Dominguez. Walk to Murphy - Murphy caught stealing (nice job by Castro). Nelson Cruz BB. Pierzynski single to left. Norris K of Moreland.

eagle eye

Bottom of 2nd - Harrison is dominating so far. 4 K's in the first two innings. Pena - K, Maxwell scalded a line drive right to Beltre at 3B, Castro - K.

Rangers 0 Astros 0

eagle eye

Top of 3rd - Long inning for Norris. He's already thrown over 50 pitches. Inning ends with a diving catch by CF Maxwell. Totally laid out for the ball. We got a call because the replay clearly showed Maxwell short hopped the throw. Great effort though. No runs scored.

eagle eye

Bottom 3rd - No K's for Harrison this inning. Dominguez, Barnes and Cedeno all made contact and forced Texas to make a play. After three, still tied 0-0.

eagle eye

Top 4th - Lead off hit by Berkman but three fly ball outs and Norris and company go to the dugout to bat. Well, not Norris. No runs scored.

eagle eye

Bottom 4th - Houston scores the first runs of the 2013 season. Base hits by Wallace and Pena and with 2 outs Justin Maxwell, who hit a scalding line shot to 3B in his previous at bat, hit a towering fly ball to left that bounced off the top of the scoreboard. By the time the Rangers got the ball back to the infield 2 runs scored and Maxwell had a stand up triple. Castro grounded out to end the inning.
    Rangers 0 Astros 2

eagle eye

Top 5th - Norris seems to have found a nice groove. 5 shutout innings after retiring the Rangers 1-2-3 on a strike out, fly out and ground out. Norris looks more in control than he did early and Harrison is struggling the last two innings.

eagle eye

Bottom 5th - After Dominguez strikes out swinging, Harrison gives up his first walk of the game to Brandon Barnes. Ronny Cedeno slaps an eye-high fast ball to right field. After RF Nelson Cruz plays patty-cake with the ball Barnes scores from 1st and after the 1B loses the handle on the relay allowing Cedeno to get to third. Jose Altuve hits his own eye-high fastball to right center scoring Cedeno. Wallace had a bad at bat swinging at 2 inside pitches and Chris Carter popped out to second to end the inning.
    Rangers 0 Astros 4

eagle eye

Top 6th - It looked like Norris ran out of gas a little. He issued a walk to Kinsler, got a K on Andrus . Berkman singles to right - men on first and third. Norris caught a line drive right back at him by Beltre - 2 out. Battling with David Murphy who finally won the battle with a single to right scoring Kinsler. Bullpen up and getting warm. Norris opened up a 0-2 count before he gave up a base hit to center scoring Berkman. Pitching change - Eric Bedard comes in and faces A.J. Pierzynski who flies out to center ending the inning.
    Rangers 2 Astros 4

Norris goes 5 2/3 giving up 2 earned runs on 5 hits, 3 walks and 5 K's. Nice outing by Norris who really battled. Now it's up to the offense and the bullpen.

eagle eye

Bottom 6th - Pena K's to lead off. Maxwell walks. Castro flies out to center - 2 out. Dominguez Walks. Men on 1st and 2nd. Pitching change Harrison out and Derek Lowe (RHP) in. Astros counter by pinch hitting Rick Ankiel for Brandon Barnes. Ankiel hits a 3-2 pitch deep over the right field wall for a 3-run homer. Cedeno K's for the 3rd out.
    Rangers 2 Astros 7

Harrison's line was 5 2/3 innings giving up 6 runs, 5 earned, on 6 hits with 3 walks and 9 K's

eagle eye

Top 7th - Eric Bedard stays in to pitch gets the Rangers 1-2-3 on a ground out to Moreland, a K on Martin and ground out on Kinsler. No runs scored.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Doing a great job EE! Just got home a couple of minutes ago but was following your updates. Love what i'm hearing right now GO STROS lets finish and get the win! Only 5 more outs to go!
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust 'em.

Jim Valvano

eagle eye

Bottom 7th - Jason Frasor replaces Derek Lowe to begin the inning. Frasor sets the Astros down 1-2-3 on a ground out by Altuve, a K by Wallace and ground out by Carter.
    Rangers 2 Astros 7

Derek Lowe's line - 1/3 inning pitched giving up 1 run on one hit (home run) and 1 K.