Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

jdcurran235

I think we will finish 3rd or 4th

McNeese

SELA

SFA

Lamar

I think we have a chance of moving above SFA this year. SELA should be tough this year along with McNeese. I know most pick McNeese lower but they did not lose alot last year. I dont think SHSU is in the mix this year. But they may surprise. I think Lamar may surprise everyone this year. We need to anyways!!

For your prediction to come true there is going to have to be a lot of change this year on the team. I personally won't discount Sam for next season no matter how much talent they lose. SFA is hard to predict given their style of play but their talent level will be towards the top.

For your prediction to come true there is going to have to be a lot of change this year on the team. I personally won't discount Sam for next season no matter how much talent they lose. SFA is hard to predict given their style of play but their talent level will be towards the top.

You might be right Redrain but I am hopeful that we will have some sort of a break out year and I dont really know what to expect from SHSU this year. could be interesting. I think it will be interesting no matter what this year. A lot of changes on all teams including ours.

Can't believe this thread.....Did we get better at QB? Did we get better at RB? Did we get better at WR? Did we get better at offensive line?? Well we can't be any worse unless we lose to nichols. Stop the prediction madness. Same OC , same team. We won one conference game last year...

Better O-line for sure. Richards is faster than the 2 guys who had most of the carries last year, same qb's but each with another year of experience, offensive scheme has changed and improved IMO.

So, the answer to your questions are yes, iMO. The question is, is the offense looking good at the expense of a solid defense? That remains to be seen. I think we will win more than one conference game this year.

Guest Cardinalrule

Can't believe this thread.....Did we get better at QB? Did we get better at RB? Did we get better at WR? Did we get better at offensive line?? Well we can't be any worse unless we lose to nichols. Stop the prediction madness. Same OC , same team. We won one conference game last year...

We have two good qb's for sure, maybe more. Yes, we're definitely better at rb with that all hype, no talent, bad attitude osu kid gone. Yes we will be better at we..especially if spell plays and if the png kid has gotten a little stronger and actually gets used. Yes our offensive line will be better. The OC is a definite concern and the defense is a concern

• 2 months later...

I will predict that the offensive numbers Sam has put up the last two season will be dwarfed by what they do this year. Yes, there are some questions on the Offensive line, but they will be stacked at RB, WR and QB (as far as having a 4 year starter). The Kats do lose some major pieces defensively, but I think they'll still be very good on that side of the ball.

Can't say I know too much about any of the other teams in the conference at this point in time as I haven't spent any time looking at what they have lost and are bringing back or have transfer in.

we got a lot to prove.i could see us moving into 3rd or 4th position but its gonna be tough.

3rd or 4th? You people are batshit crazy. The only SLC teams you've ever beaten are awful Nicholls & SELA teams. How about beating a mediocre NW, McNeese or SFA team just ONCE. How about not getting curb-stomped by conference foes twice a year? Too reasonable of an expectation?

The only reason you'll have a mediocre (used loosely) record is because of your nerf OOC schedule. You gotta crawl before you walk and LU fans are too stupid to get it.

Nickels, calm the hell down. It is a PREDICTION!!!!! Predictions are hardly accurate. I can see us winning more SLC games. (Nickels is worse than any OOC game we play anyway) We will be competitve this yrear but not saying we will shock the world. I can see a 5th place finish, possible 4th if we clean some things up. we got talent.

Cplatt

we got a lot to prove.i could see us moving into 3rd or 4th position but its gonna be tough.

3rd or 4th? You people are batshit crazy. The only SLC teams you've ever beaten are awful Nicholls & SELA teams. How about beating a mediocre NW, McNeese or SFA team just ONCE. How about not getting curb-stomped by conference foes twice a year? Too reasonable of an expectation?

The only reason you'll have a mediocre (used loosely) record is because of your nerf OOC schedule. You gotta crawl before you walk and LU fans are too stupid to get it.

Nickles,

Nerf schedule would not be the reason for an improvement in our won / loss record. That's close to the dumbest statement I've seen in a long time.

Compare the two OOC schedules. There is not a whole lot of difference in our "nerf " schedule and SHSU's "nerf" schedule except we are playing two FBS teams. SHSU is playing one.

SHSU opens with a first year startup, HBU, playing a 7 game schedule and also plays UIW, a D-II in their first year of transition to D-I; Texas Southern at home; and Texas A&M. The Cardinals open with Oklahoma Panhandle State and also play Bacone, Grambling at their place, and Oklahoma State.

The biggest difference in the two schedules is while SHSU plays FCS EWU at home we play FBS Louisiana Tech in Ruston.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

NAIA Bacone & D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State in the same season? Nerf

Our schedule is crap too but at least it's possible for us to make the playoffs with it, although our SOS is always crap thanks to cupcakes like Lamar. HBCU & IW would probably beat Lamar (hence the reason your AD scheduled bonafide JV teams). IW was a better than/equal to Lamar last year, without a doubt.

NAIA Bacone & D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State in the same season? Nerf

Our schedule is crap too but at least it's possible for us to make the playoffs with it, although our SOS is always crap thanks to cupcakes like Lamar. HBCU & IW would probably beat Lamar (hence the reason your AD scheduled bonafide JV teams). IW was a better than/equal to Lamar last year, without a doubt.

I guess that's why we had UIW on our schedule in 2011 and beat them. I find it laughable to see someone say that a team that was 2-9 against primarily D-II competition last year would probably beat us. I'll give you, they might because upsets are always possible, but "probably" is a big reach. SHSU was the only D-I team on their schedule last year and UIW still lost nine games. One of UIW's 9 LOSSES last year was against McMurry 20-28, a team we beat 52-21. For the HBCU, one of Texas Southern's 2 WINS last year was against Prairie view (44-41). Prairie View was a team we beat 31-0 the following week. Based on last year's record Texas Southern and Grambling should be equivalent competition. The difference is that ours is a road game. SHSU's is a home game.

You might have had a little bit of a point about schedule differences in previous years, but not this year. Houston Baptist is playing a developmental schedule this year, 7 GAMES with 42 players on their roster. One game is against SHSU. Every other team is D-II / NAIA.

There are a lot of other things that could said, but trying to make a point about a "nerf" schedule and forgetting two games against FBS competition in the schedule is ludicrous.

Not from Beaumont sir........ Nobody knows anything right now so we try to act like experts. Yes it is fun to predict but something always go in different directions. Our QB play will be a huge factor on how we turnout. We are not going to run the ball and play defense, not build for that. Gotta get the ball down field and then work in the run.

Cplatt