Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

I think we will finish 3rd or 4th

McNeese
    SELA
    SFA
    Lamar

I think we have a chance of moving above SFA this year. SELA should be tough this year along with McNeese. I know most pick McNeese lower but they did not lose alot last year. I dont think SHSU is in the mix this year. But they may surprise. I think Lamar may surprise everyone this year. We need to anyways!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

The more I think about it, this is going to be a very hard conf to predict. The only thing I think for sure is Nichols will be last.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

For your prediction to come true there is going to have to be a lot of change this year on the team. I personally won't discount Sam for next season no matter how much talent they lose. SFA is hard to predict given their style of play but their talent level will be towards the top.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

LOL I didn't think I would see this thread yet. I knew it was coming though.

*Bookmarked until early October

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Redrain07 link=topic=38130.msg50212#msg50212 date=1365641216]
    For your prediction to come true there is going to have to be a lot of change this year on the team. I personally won't discount Sam for next season no matter how much talent they lose. SFA is hard to predict given their style of play but their talent level will be towards the top.
    [/quote]

You might be right Redrain but I am hopeful that we will have some sort of a break out year and I dont really know what to expect from SHSU this year. could be interesting. I think it will be interesting no matter what this year. A lot of changes on all teams including ours.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree with you there. It's still early so we will just see come the fall.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I love your optimism, but what facts are you basing your opinion off of? You really think we will finish ahead of the national runner up the past two seasons?? They also return Flanders (RB) and Bell (QB)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

we got a lot to prove.i could see us moving into 3rd or 4th position but its gonna be tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Honestly to finish third or fourth would be a drastic improvement. I still look for Sam to be right there and do not discount UCA or SFA.
    Sigma NU -LTH

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Can't believe this thread.....Did we get better at QB? Did we get better at RB? Did we get better at WR? Did we get better at offensive line?? Well we can't be any worse unless we lose to nichols. Stop the prediction madness. Same OC , same team. We won one conference game last year...

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

Better O-line for sure. Richards is faster than the 2 guys who had most of the carries last year, same qb's but each with another year of experience, offensive scheme has changed and improved IMO.

So, the answer to your questions are yes, iMO. The question is, is the offense looking good at the expense of a solid defense? That remains to be seen. I think we will win more than one conference game this year.

Cardinalrule

[quote author=lcard05 link=topic=38130.msg50296#msg50296 date=1365977824]
    Can't believe this thread.....Did we get better at QB? Did we get better at RB? Did we get better at WR? Did we get better at offensive line?? Well we can't be any worse unless we lose to nichols. Stop the prediction madness. Same OC , same team. We won one conference game last year...
    [/quote]

We have two good qb's for sure, maybe more. Yes, we're definitely better at rb with that all hype, no talent, bad attitude osu kid gone. Yes we will be better at we..especially if spell plays and if the png kid has gotten a little stronger and actually gets used. Yes our offensive line will be better. The OC is a definite concern and the defense is a concern

Freshman Poster Rev at lumberjackfans.com's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I don't mean any disrespect, but get real.

You guys might finish above Nicholls and NW State, but you've got a while to go before you move up into the top 4
    Heckling opponents since 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I will predict that the offensive numbers Sam has put up the last two season will be dwarfed by what they do this year. Yes, there are some questions on the Offensive line, but they will be stacked at RB, WR and QB (as far as having a 4 year starter). The Kats do lose some major pieces defensively, but I think they'll still be very good on that side of the ball.

Can't say I know too much about any of the other teams in the conference at this point in time as I haven't spent any time looking at what they have lost and are bringing back or have transfer in.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=lu cards link=topic=38130.msg50223#msg50223 date=1365707910]
    we got a lot to prove.i could see us moving into 3rd or 4th position but its gonna be tough.
    [/quote]3rd or 4th? You people are batshit crazy. The only SLC teams you've ever beaten are awful Nicholls & SELA teams. How about beating a mediocre NW, McNeese or SFA team just ONCE. How about not getting curb-stomped by conference foes twice a year? Too reasonable of an expectation?

The only reason you'll have a mediocre (used loosely) record is because of your nerf OOC schedule. You gotta crawl before you walk and LU fans are too stupid to get it.