Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

Nickels, calm the hell down. It is a PREDICTION!!!!! Predictions are hardly accurate. I can see us winning more SLC games. (Nickels is worse than any OOC game we play anyway) We will be competitve this yrear but not saying we will shock the world. I can see a 5th place finish, possible 4th if we clean some things up. we got talent.
    Cplatt
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Re: Lamar's Conference Standing Predictions

[quote author=nickels link=topic=38130.msg1#msg1 date=1371734057]
    [quote author=lu cards link=topic=38130.msg50223#msg50223 date=1365707910]
    we got a lot to prove.i could see us moving into 3rd or 4th position but its gonna be tough.
    [/quote]3rd or 4th? You people are batshit crazy. The only SLC teams you've ever beaten are awful Nicholls & SELA teams. How about beating a mediocre NW, McNeese or SFA team just ONCE. How about not getting curb-stomped by conference foes twice a year? Too reasonable of an expectation?

The only reason you'll have a mediocre (used loosely) record is because of your nerf OOC schedule. You gotta crawl before you walk and LU fans are too stupid to get it.
    [/quote]

Nickles,

Nerf schedule would not be the reason for an improvement in our won / loss record. That's close to the dumbest statement I've seen in a long time.

Compare the two OOC schedules. There is not a whole lot of difference in our "nerf " schedule and SHSU's "nerf" schedule except we are playing two FBS teams. SHSU is playing one.

SHSU opens with a first year startup, HBU, playing a 7 game schedule and also plays UIW, a D-II in their first year of transition to D-I; Texas Southern at home; and Texas A&M. The Cardinals open with Oklahoma Panhandle State and also play Bacone, Grambling at their place, and Oklahoma State.

The biggest difference in the two schedules is while SHSU plays FCS EWU at home we play FBS Louisiana Tech in Ruston.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

NAIA Bacone & D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State in the same season? Nerf

Our schedule is crap too but at least it's possible for us to make the playoffs with it, although our SOS is always crap thanks to cupcakes like Lamar. HBCU & IW would probably beat Lamar (hence the reason your AD scheduled bonafide JV teams). IW was a better than/equal to Lamar last year, without a doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ur a idiot..... Nuff said

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=Cplatt link=topic=38130.msg51220#msg51220 date=1371738617]
    Ur a idiot..... Nuff said
    [/quote]Typical response from Beaumont-trash. Too stupid to respond to my statements so he goes straight to name calling...or he knows I'm right.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

[quote author=nickels link=topic=38130.msg51219#msg51219 date=1371738407]
    NAIA Bacone & D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State in the same season? Nerf

Our schedule is crap too but at least it's possible for us to make the playoffs with it, although our SOS is always crap thanks to cupcakes like Lamar. HBCU & IW would probably beat Lamar (hence the reason your AD scheduled bonafide JV teams). IW was a better than/equal to Lamar last year, without a doubt.
    [/quote]

I guess that's why we had UIW on our schedule in 2011 and beat them. I find it laughable to see someone say that a team that was 2-9 against primarily D-II competition last year would probably beat us. I'll give you, they might because upsets are always possible, but "probably" is a big reach. SHSU was the only D-I team on their schedule last year and UIW still lost nine games. One of UIW's 9 LOSSES last year was against McMurry 20-28, a team we beat 52-21. For the HBCU, one of Texas Southern's 2 WINS last year was against Prairie view (44-41). Prairie View was a team we beat 31-0 the following week. Based on last year's record Texas Southern and Grambling should be equivalent competition. The difference is that ours is a road game. SHSU's is a home game.

You might have had a little bit of a point about schedule differences in previous years, but not this year. Houston Baptist is playing a developmental schedule this year, 7 GAMES with 42 players on their roster. One game is against SHSU. Every other team is D-II / NAIA.

There are a lot of other things that could said, but trying to make a point about a "nerf" schedule and forgetting two games against FBS competition in the schedule is ludicrous.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Not from Beaumont sir........ Nobody knows anything right now so we try to act like experts. Yes it is fun to predict but something always go in different directions. Our QB play will be a huge factor on how we turnout. We are not going to run the ball and play defense, not build for that. Gotta get the ball down field and then work in the run.
    Cplatt

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Nickels you are a complete douche.. You sure talk some mad stuff as a keyboard jockey but I don't think you would call me stupid to my face.. Grow up or grow some balls..