Tickets go on sale June 1st

coachacola

Count two more. We're renewing.

Trying to decide if we want to request moving to Red or Gold. We currently have Green Section seats on the Press-Box side that we like.

Just hope the games will be scheduled at night this year. Afternoon games last year were a killer to the atmosphere and the tailgating.

SEASON TICKET RENEWAL DEADLINE NEXT FRIDAY (MAY 17)...

...Just a reminder that next Friday (May 17) is the deadline for those renewing their season tickets. The Athletic Department will do the renewals over the phone if you are leery of Snail-Mail as I am. The person I talked to this morning was very helpful and efficient. (I'm probably one of the world's worst procrastinators and needed the extra nudge. :-[ )

Looking forward to this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on the lamarcardinals.com site.

Lamar football fans have opportunity to choose seats

Seat selection will be Thursday, June 6

"...New Lamar University football season ticket holders will have the opportunity to choose their seats from inside Provost Umphrey Stadium next week...."

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/053013aaa.html

A good interactive stadium map and seating plan on the LU website could certainly help. Several pro stadiums that I have bought tickets to over the years have on line pictures taken from a group of seats so you can see what the view is like.

A good interactive stadium map and seating plan on the LU website could certainly help. Several pro stadiums that I have bought tickets to over the years have on line pictures taken from a group of seats so you can see what the view is like.

Which is actually very simple and might take the athletic department a day or two to implement, which just shows you how lazy yours (and ours) are.

Which is actually very simple and might take the athletic department a day or two to implement, which just shows you how lazy yours (and ours) are.

The important thing to remember is that the beer must be served cold!!!!

The important thing to remember is that the beer must be served cold!!!!

Is it really beer if it isn't?

They can't even put the spring roster or depth chart on the website. But I think it's a good thing they lowered ticket prices to get more people to the games. If they aren't winning 8+ games a year then attendance will suffer. They'll probably sell at least the core 2K+ season tickets but game day crowds will ultimately be determined by how good the team is.

Just hope prospective season ticket buyers aren't put off by the first two home games. Those games are the reason my brother-in-law used for not renewing his season tickets. He had season tickets since the beginning of the reinstatement of football.

Looking farther down the schedule we have four conference home games.

10/19 UCA (Homecoming)

11/02 Nicholls

11/16 SFA

11/23 McNeese

I'm happy that all the game times have been moved back to 7:00 pm / 6:00 pm kickoffs. (I imagine the time would be adjusted to afternoon for any games picked for SLCTV, though.)

We renewed ours. It gives us a good reason to get out of the house and to drive over to Beaumont and visit relatives. Can't wait for my big Coke, big bag of popcorn, roasted peanuts, hot dogs, nachos, and all the other bad stuff I'm not supposed to have.

Hope the tail-gaters are out in force this year!

Just hope the Athletic Department markets the heck out of the tickets. Living in Houston, I don't see anything that is going on in the local area. Is there anything going on with media coverage, advertisements, etc?

I hope ticket sales are going well but I am afraid that some of the "three year commitment" fans are falling by the wayside. It takes a village to raise a program and we are losing some villagers. I encourage all of you to buy some extra tickets and invite friends and co-workers and BE PERSISTENT. I look forward to playing Okie Panhandle....gives our kids a chance to get off to a good start. We will have a magical season soon and to really appreciate it you have to be in the stands when things are not so magical. If you watched the Basketball team win the conference tournament in Houston in March 2012 you know what I am talking about. Night games again...pack the house!

Just hope prospective season ticket buyers aren't put off by the first two home games. Those games are the reason my brother-in-law used for not renewing his season tickets. He had season tickets since the beginning of the reinstatement of football.

Looking farther down the schedule we have four conference home games.

10/19 UCA (Homecoming)

11/02 Nicholls

11/16 SFA

11/23 McNeese

I'm happy that all the game times have been moved back to 7:00 pm / 6:00 pm kickoffs. (I imagine the time would be adjusted to afternoon for any games picked for SLCTV, though.)

We renewed ours. It gives us a good reason to get out of the house and to drive over to Beaumont and visit relatives. Can't wait for my big Coke, big bag of popcorn, roasted peanuts, hot dogs, nachos, and all the other bad stuff I'm not supposed to have.

Hope the tail-gaters are out in force this year!

Just hope the Athletic Department markets the heck out of the tickets. Living in Houston, I don't see anything that is going on in the local area. Is there anything going on with media coverage, advertisements, etc?

I've heard a few commercials on the radio about it but that's about it...it'd be nice to see a little more marketing.

Nice highlight video from last season.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/allaccess/?media=382924

There were some really good plays last year. The music is good too.

I loved the tipped pass interception / return for a touchdown by #56, John Prescott about 4:30 into the video...maybe because our seats are on the 25 yard line and I like to see linemen running the ball. :)

Here's the highlight reel from 2011. I've seen it a few times, but I still like the catch at about the 1:43 point in the video. (Like the music also.) :)

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/allaccess/?media=294022

While we're at it, here's one for the 2010 season that I found on Youtube. Check out the catch at 3:35 in the video. We didn't get to go to the games the first year back because of other commitments. Nice to watch the highlights.

We need to cut down on the busted plays this year. We need to improve our consistency.

Just thinking about things other than the actual game that I like about attending a football game.

The Bands:

I'm looking forward to halftime performances this year. I like all kinds of music so I haven't been disappointed with the selections. I like the variety. Found this youtube video of the band performing at PNG's stadium after region marching contest.

Here's another youtube video of the drumline.

The Fireworks: (Hope we have the displays this year)

Hopefully we'll have some fireworks displays again this year. I like the later kickoffs because maybe the displays will be while fans are still in the stands at halftime instead of after the end of the game like last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQA_tgchUIk

The Tailgaters:

Walking by the tailgaters is nice. We usually just enjoy the smells of the delicious food as we are walking into the stadium. Because of the drive in from Houston, we don't get to the stadium in time to participate. I'll bet there are a lot of people having a good time before the game. Again, the later kickoffs should make the tailgating experience a lot better than last year...tough to tailgate early in the morning.

Nice promo on lamarcardinals.com

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/

width=500 height=333http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/lama/graphics/lama-splash-053113.jpg[/img]

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/053113aab.html

This guys is a pro at Microsoft Word 2007

Come to think of it, you're probably right. I guess I'm easy to please. I just hope there is a lot more to the promotion than a splash page on the lamarcardinals.com website.

Nice promo on lamarcardinals.com

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/

width=500 height=333http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/lama/graphics/lama-splash-053113.jpg[/img]

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/053113aab.html

This guys is a pro at Microsoft Word 2007

Come to think of it, you're probably right. I guess I'm easy to please. I just hope there is a lot more to the promotion than a splash page on the lamarcardinals.com website.

You should see the crap our program puts out. It's embarrassing.

LUSportsFan is 100% correct. Game day is more than just the game. It is a time to get together with old friends, new friends and family and walk around the stadium or set up a tailgate and then get in your seat to support the Cardinals. Winning the game is a bonus. I also drive in from Houston for each game and set up a tailgate. I would not miss a game for the world and I don't understand the lack of interest in the Golden Triangle. I grew up in mid-county and I know for a fact that there is nothing going on in Jefferson County on a given Saturday night that is more entertaining than an LU Football game. I love Scott McGill but how many times can you watch him in a month? Before anybody misunderstands my comments on Jefferson County....I plan to move back there when I retire.